Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WC Day 3 - Featuring England vs Italy  (Read 36323 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:03:11 »

Possibly shouldn't be disappointed but played ok, we do have some issues.

We seemed much better in first half,  changed system at half time as Rooney struggling to defend and never looked as good after that.

Sterling did well but looked fucked after 70 minutes.

No idea what Wilshire was supposed to be doing or what he brings to the team?

Sturridge never seems to be in the area.

Whatever you say about Johnson (and he cannot defend) he seemed to see available as the out ball for most of the second half.

We just look naive and a little bereft of ideas.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:04:40 »

I can't remember Hart having a save to make in the second half and it's a shame we didn't capitalise on the number of corners we had.

The right side was our problem, but the second goal was rubbish defending.

Not sure how Rooney got 90 minutes either?  Rubbish in that position. Henderson wasn't great and Wilshere was worse when he came on.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:06:33 »

We didn't deserve to lose that. We played pretty well throughout that game and if we go home then we've at least played one more decent game than 2010. Rooney has got to go - fucking awful. Sterling was excellent, Sturridge was very good. I felt sorry for Baines. Candreva was MOM. Pirlo was ordinary. If we can play like than in the other 2 games we should be ok.  
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:08:07 »

I actually forgot Wilshere came on...and I'm sober.ish.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:09:39 »

I have said on fb that Rooney should be dropped, Lambert playing up front & drop Sturridge to the Rooney role as he has something to offer outside of the box as well as in it. I thought Lampard or Milner should have came on instead of Wilshire
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:18:09 »

How many more chances is Rooney going to get? Reckon Lallana and Barkley did more in 15 minutes than Rooney did in the whole match. OK, it was a good cross for the goal but he did fuck all else, except hit that corner straight in to the terracing.

Thought we were the better team overall, but Italy took their chances and knew how to finish the game off. We had more shots, more shots on target, more corners, more of pretty much everything. Except goals.

Important thing is we actually had a go for once and the younger players were all pretty good. So no complaints.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:21:03 »

Agree with Rooney needing to be dropped in favour of Lambert- Lambert up front with Sterling, Sturridge and Welbeck in and behind him would be dangerous.

Henderson had a job to do tonight which he did okay - try and keep Italy's playmakers quiet.

Primarily though, get that fat Shrek lookalike out of the team and onto the bench. With the best will in the world, he is not a winger and he's wasting a place in the team. Give him his credit he put a nice cross in for the goal, but any half decent winger or forward in that position would put that ball into the edge of the box from there. Rooney serves no particular purpose in the position he's playing and pulls the rest of the team down with him.

Overall quite positive for a defeat. We can beat Uruguay and Costa Rica if we play like tonight against them.

Side note, we should have had at least one penalty and some of the refereeing decisions tonight were very odd - going through the back of someone forcing them to go off is apparently fine but catching someone's heels giving them the opportunity to buy a free kick is a yellow card? Okay then...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:21:34 »

Hodgson has just said it's harsh to suggest that Rooney didn't look comfortable and thought he did brilliantly.  Clearly he was watching a different game to the rest of us.

Utter tosh.  Hodgson needs to take the rose tinted specs off.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:31:00 »

We are not shit.

We are in the last 32 of the World.

BUT we are not good enough to progress.

Rooney has to ( and will not be) dropped....woeful. Neville suggesting that the shit corner he took was down to boggy ground was embarrassing.

We played ok to me. Didn't gamble in front of goal and missed the numerous great balls that were played in. We did ok...but at this level ok isn't good enough.

Didn't get that bit of luck either.....

Lets all hope and pray.

Clems Army!
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 00:47:46 »

Best team won today
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 02:00:39 »

Best team won today

Yep. After the first 25 mins, we weren't really in the game. Nevertheless we're not bottom of the group, and have an outside chance of progressing. We weren't 2010 shite, and I think most right minded England fans would accept a decent effort at getting out of the group, even if we don't.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 06:56:37 »

Yep. After the first 25 mins, we weren't really in the game. Nevertheless we're not bottom of the group, and have an outside chance of progressing. We weren't 2010 shite, and I think most right minded England fans would accept a decent effort at getting out of the group, even if we don't.
Playing like that should be able to beat Uruguay and Costa Rica
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 07:31:14 »

Italy probably deserved to win overall but we played quite well with little cutting edge and not willing to take enough gambles in the final 3rd.

Rooney was very poor, Johnson surprised me by how well he played, Sterling played very well and was my England man of the match.

Cahill got caught out but Mario once when it counted otherwise he and Jaggy played fairly well.

Hart should have got to the first goal really but is the best we currently have so it depends if we get great Hart or shit Hart.

Why does Sturridge shoot every time he is within 35 yards of goal? he should be a little less greedy and then he will be a fine player.

Overall we played well but didn't create enough good chances for our forward/s or maybe we just need Lambert up front instead of Rooney, never thought I would ever say that.

Would definately start with Barkley and possibly Wilshire starting at the expense of Welbeck and Henderson with Lambert in instead of Rooney.

All hope is not lost but its an uphill struggle to qualify now, but almost everybody had written England off before the tournament started so its no shock.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 08:35:09 »

Italy probably deserved to win overall but we played quite well with little cutting edge and not willing to take enough gambles in the final 3rd.

Rooney was very poor, Johnson surprised me by how well he played, Sterling played very well and was my England man of the match.

Cahill got caught out but Mario once when it counted otherwise he and Jaggy played fairly well.

Hart should have got to the first goal really but is the best we currently have so it depends if we get great Hart or shit Hart.

Why does Sturridge shoot every time he is within 35 yards of goal? he should be a little less greedy and then he will be a fine player.

Overall we played well but didn't create enough good chances for our forward/s or maybe we just need Lambert up front instead of Rooney, never thought I would ever say that.

Would definately start with Barkley and possibly Wilshire starting at the expense of Welbeck and Henderson with Lambert in instead of Rooney.

All hope is not lost but its an uphill struggle to qualify now, but almost everybody had written England off before the tournament started so its no shock.

Yep, this is a pretty good critique.

I would only add that I thought Gerrard had a 'quiet night'.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 08:48:21 »

Yep, this is a pretty good critique.

I would only add that I thought Gerrard had a 'quiet night'.
So quiet I actually forgot he was playing apart from the poor free kick in the closing minutes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: