Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brazil v Croatia (the thread with balls, not boobs)  (Read 33225 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 22:01:21 »

Ha ha Chiles is shitting himself there!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 22:01:28 »

I think the ref and the Croatia goalkeeper must both be a bit richer tonight. Brazil players were falling and rolling all over the place. If that was a penalty then some games could end up 6-6.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 22:09:23 »

Yep - I'd even cheer on the Argies over Brazil.

I think it was Danny Baker about 10 years or so ago, who said you could use the South American football test to see how much someone liked football. You asked them who they liked best in South America. Those who *say* they like football, say Brazil. Those who *think* they like football say Argentina. But those who *know* they like football say Uruguay. Not withstanding Luis Suarez, I think the general principle holds.

I'm also sick of the bloody clichés around Brazil. They were really entertaining in 1982, and Josimar scored a couple of crackers in '86...but that was a long time ago.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 22:18:19 »

Get the ref on our side and we could win it.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 22:19:47 »

Croatia keeper could have saved all 3 of the goals, ref made a number of bad decisions all of which favoured Brazil.

Can't help but wonder if some money changed hands. Sad state of affairs that you'd even think that.

And Brazil were shit. Be disappointed if we didn't beat them if they played like that.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 22:20:10 »

If thats the fifa instructions to referees in this competition - touch someone in the box and its a penalty, then we're in for a load of penalties, but I suspect its reserved for fifa favourites.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:00:11 »

In fairness that Croatian keeper is absolutely shit. Cost them the game really.

Summed up the game well. I've never seen a keeper 'go down' so slowly, almost in instalments!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:03:18 »

I don't think I've ever been able to spot a fixed game before, until that one.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:38:09 »

Stipe Pletikosa is probably one of the World Cup's most experienced international footballers, he won't look back at that one fondly. His performance wasn't a fixed one though, just poor.

For a widely regarded Champions-elect, Brazil have work to do.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:54:00 »

I think it was Danny Baker about 10 years or so ago, who said you could use the South American football test to see how much someone liked football. You asked them who they liked best in South America. Those who *say* they like football, say Brazil. Those who *think* they like football say Argentina. But those who *know* they like football say Uruguay. Not withstanding Luis Suarez, I think the general principle holds.

I'm also sick of the bloody clichés around Brazil. They were really entertaining in 1982, and Josimar scored a couple of crackers in '86...but that was a long time ago.

and those who are crazy about football say the Colombia of Higuita, Valderamma (and also Andres Escobar who was tragically murdered on his return home from a disappointing World Cup)
« Last Edit: Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:57:26 by RedRag » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:01:49 »

I don't think I've ever been able to spot a fixed game before, until that one.

I thought it was fixed when seeing the look of shock on the ref's face, when Marcello got his og....
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:34:00 »

I think the ref was just shit and of course home advantage counts in these things. Brazil looked decent, not brilliant but there's no point playing good now, wait for the later rounds to hit some form. Or just get spawny/cheat like the Germans/Argentinians.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:00:17 »

Or just get spawny/cheat like the Germans/Argentinians.

yes, it's pure luck that we always seems to be in and around the semis

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:06:25 »

Glad you agree
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:17:31 »

and of course the fact that we have won it 3 times, was also a huge amount of luck

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: