Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: blackpool match report  (Read 1946 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 19:48:34 »

some of you are already home run down and ratings please?
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 20:01:29 »

oi dv! match report please whits cant be arsed, pretty please?!?!?!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 20:02:47 »

have some pictures  Cool

http://www.whitsontour.co.uk/index.php

and i'm off to the pub, i've done 440 miles today, i think i've earned a pint  Cheesy

will post a report later if no one else has

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 20:04:00 »

Two mins....and I'll get started
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 20:23:46 »

Right....

Evans - 6 - Played alright, wasnt called upon too often. Made two very important stops. One he got a hand to shot which then failed to creep over the line, he went up for a cross dropped it near enough at a blackpool players feet but manage to re-claim the ball with a geriant jones style dive and catch

Collins - 6- Did his job, nothing more, nothing less really

O'Hanlon - 6 - Very steady as always, won alot in the air

Ifil - 6 - Went about his job very well, got in his one terrible miss-timed tackle....other than that was very good, made one vital hook clearence

Smith - 6 - Steady and got forward well seemed to want too much time on the ball when very forward and deliveries werent that good

Heath - 5 - Didnt show me much to be honest, nice work ethic just didnt go alot going forward. Crosses werent very good and corners were awful

Whalley - 6 - Very good, got stuck in passed the ball well and gave Nicolau alot of service on the left, we looked a much worse team without him. Once we went off our midfield dissapeared in an attacking sense

Pook - 7 - Thought he did very well, got forward well, looked calm on the ball and wasnt afraid to get stuck in. He is one of the best things to come out of our youth team in a while

Nicolau - 6 - Did everything perfectly bar deliver, he took his man on got past him but crossing was awful. He looked for the ball, shouted for it and most important he is very good and willing defensivly for a winger (take note fat bastard howard) if only his final ball was better.

Fallon - 6 - Worked his bollocks off, won alot in the air, spread it out wide well, just wasnt presented with many chances. Should have had a penalty, blatant shit pull on Fallon, his shirt was about 3 yards behind him. Should not be allowed to take free kicks ever again!

Cureton - 6 - Did alright, likes to go left, picked up the ball but wasnt really willing to run at the defenders, probably lacking in confidence, needs a goal

----------------

Jenkins - Not a midfielder, but tried to bring a bit of calmness when he had the ball

Roberts - Didnt look interested

Shakes - Bought on 20 minutes too late, not frightened to take a player on

The play was alright and for most of the game we seemed very good in midfield, and the defence wasnt overall troubled. Wasnt overally happy with our attacking play, we worked the ball out wide very well on alot of occasions but the final delivery just wasnt good enough from just about everyone. On another day Fallon might have got 1/2/3 off of Nicolau crosses.

Drums at football are annoying.....its not tangerine its fucking orange....

Blackpool are by far and away the biggest divers in the league, every time someone goes near Kiegan Parker he hits the deck with his arms out like hes going a sky dive. I think he was only actually legitimatly fouled once.....got booked for diving could have easily gone.

Coid also booked for diving, so stupid, edge of the box I thought he had a good first touch and could have hit a decent shot on goal, instead he hit the deck. Ref blew whistle *seems like forever* points in our direction.

Main points really, I hope this isnt the end of Summerbee we need his quality deliveries. Heath didnt impress me and Shakes needs a bit longer than 5 minutes.

Guess I'm happy with a draw, seen as we always do however I think if we are going to do ANYTHING in this division we need to win games like this...
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 20:26:15 »

gracias amigo
normy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 20:32:16 »

Thanks for good report, to compare with the radio commentary.

ust be the oldest
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 20:34:40 »

Quote from: "normy"
Thanks for good report, to compare with the radio commentary.

I read the match day thread....the radio commentary seems well off on another planet....
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 20:42:55 »

I have to say when you listen to the radio commentry they never seem to call the game in the same way as the fans at the game do.They said Heath was good with  a decent physical presence.They did agree with your rating for Pook though who seems to be finding his legs in the first team.

/
W56196272
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 21:15:09 »

Fairly accurate there DV, good report.

Not really anything I can add to it in fact.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 21:24:33 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Heath - 5 - Didnt show me much to be honest, nice work ethic just didnt go alot going forward. Crosses werent very good and corners were awful

Sounds as if he lacks everything Summerbee could offer us.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 21:32:13 »

What happened with the disallowed goals?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 21:38:47 »

No disallowed goals as far as I can remember, goal-mouth scrambles though.  I really feel Shakes should be given 90 minutes very, very soon - he could take Wycome apart.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 21:39:46 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
What happened with the disallowed goals?

I must have missed that.
Were there some :?

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 20, 2005, 21:41:48 »

"Frustration was heaped on Blackpool as referee Neil Miller ruled out efforts from Scott Vernon and Rory Prendergast"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/4148222.stm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: