Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Getting twitchy now!  (Read 15020 times)
kerry red

« on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 08:36:30 »

Last night's whores doovers has surprisingly got me appetite back for the WC.

Not that I think we will win it, but the competition as a whole.

Our defence still looks dodgy and Smalling should never get near an England squad.

Johnson was especially crap at RB and, yet again, Rooney does fuck all. Sterling should get in before him.

Lallana looks classy along with Sturridge and Joe Hart may keep us in games on his own.

Don't particularly like Welbeck but he does seem to play well for England.

Seeing Uruguay struggled to a 1-0 win against Norvern Ireland last night we may yet get out of the group

Bring it on!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 10:03:26 »

For me it's either the argies or Brazil to win. Tempted to put money on Belgium.

Knowing England, they will struggle to get out the group. I can hear the heat excuse now...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 10:23:58 »

Brazil to win.

Johnson's always been shit at right back for england, Rooneys been a fat waste of space for England pretty much since the end of his first Euro tournament.

Other than that though I'm quite optimistic for the squad. It's a nice mix of youth and experience and if Sturridge scores goals like his one last night in every match we'll get out of the groups and possibly to the semis.

I think winning 3-0 was impressive partly because it seemed to be done in a rather laid-back manner. Bring it on...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 16:07:01 »

I still can't believe Rooney made the squad let alone the team. Sterling did more in his first 5 minutes as coming on as a sub than Rooney did in his entire game. Hodgson has picked him off past glories which is a huge mistake. My money is on Rooney to have a poor opening group stages, get frustrated before picking up a red card. Hope I'm wrong.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 16:09:30 »

I still can't believe Rooney made the squad let alone the team.

Come on now. Who would have taken instead? Carroll? Defoe? Some fucking riches there...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 16:15:51 »

I still can't believe Rooney made the squad let alone the team. Sterling did more in his first 5 minutes as coming on as a sub than Rooney did in his entire game. Hodgson has picked him off past glories which is a huge mistake. My money is on Rooney to have a poor opening group stages, get frustrated before picking up a red card. Hope I'm wrong.

10 goals in his last 15 England games. Not too shabby really.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 16:21:21 »

7 in 6 for the qualifiers too? It's vogue to slate Rooney. Anyone know says they'd drop him from the squad is a retard.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 16:21:39 »

That's the sad reality isn't it? Rooney is not the player he was but still makes the squad because by and large English strikers are seriously lacking. Look at the top 5 scorers in the PL,  only Sturridge English. Trust me I want rooney to do as well as the next man but the shameful truth is he would have made the squad no matter what. Having said all that can't entirely blame Rooney for a poor season at Man U and if he treats the World Cup as a fresh start then he might surprise us. Last night did not fill me with encouragement though.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 16:28:02 »

He makes the squad because he is one of the best 23 English players.
kerry red

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 16:34:02 »

And therein lies the problem for England
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 17:46:14 »

I fucking love this place at times.
kerry red

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 20:39:32 »

I know friendlies count for nowt but Italy couldn't even beat the Paddys tonight - and they are real shite at the moment
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 22:00:27 »

I fucking love this place at times.

Don't know what game you were watching.

Rooney was fucking dump.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 1, 2014, 00:11:00 »

His first touch was non existent and he looked as much of a threat as a newborn kitten.You could feasibly argue that we haven't got much better but there's no way on earth that you could argue he's there because he's world class.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 1, 2014, 06:59:24 »

Rooney's just come a season where he's scored 17 goals in 29 league appearances.
Not a bad record at all in truth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: