Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaways. Not Cheese.  (Read 45467 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 12:01:03 »

I am talking about the actual take away, i dont think they have any affiliation to what they sell in sainsburys.

Think he's talking about dog food
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 12:16:51 »

I've seen that chubbs in Sainsbury's, but it always looks a bit like tripe to me? It reminds me of the "chum" that they threw over the side of the boat to attract the shark in Jaws?

Once upon a time when the oop north mill towns were flourishing before their descent starting in the 60's, tripe takeaways were abundant....now you might find the odd market stall in Stalybridge, Darwen or Accrington.

The Lancashire love of tripe, came about because, both men and women worked long hours in the cotton mills, so picking up a takeaway was a boon.  The key thing with tripe was that it was juicy and a bit slimy, just the job when you had a throat full of cotton dust, went down a treat.

Tripe and onions along with a whole range of other offal based dishes were popular in the kitchens of post war austerity Swindon.....as 4D observed Swindon was a bit like a norvern town dumped in the south.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 12:25:46 »

Once upon a time when the oop north mill towns were flourishing before their descent starting in the 60's, tripe takeaways were abundant....now you might find the odd market stall in Stalybridge, Darwen or Accrington.

The Lancashire love of tripe, came about because, both men and women worked long hours in the cotton mills, so picking up a takeaway was a boon.  The key thing with tripe was that it was juicy and a bit slimy, just the job when you had a throat full of cotton dust, went down a treat.

Tripe and onions along with a whole range of other offal based dishes were popular in the kitchens of post war austerity Swindon.....as 4D observed Swindon was a bit like a norvern town dumped in the south.
Not had it for a long time but whenever i vistited family in poland, tripe was often on the menu. If not well it very nice.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, June 18, 2016, 18:10:36 »

Moshan box dinners do not deliver to SN25. This is shit.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 12:30:19 »

We love resurrecting's threads at the TEF!

Fancy a Chinese or a Curry tonight but I'm always scared to deviate from my norm. What are your go-to dishes? I want to try something totally different.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 12:34:32 »

I’m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to a curry. Chicken Dansak with Peshwari Naan.

Jalfrezi occasionally if I don’t fancy much sauce. Passanda if I’m feeling wussy.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 12:46:45 »

Garlic chilli chicken

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 12:55:50 »

Lentil dahl of some sort. Indian vegetarian food is about a billion times better than western equivalents, and you get to feel like you're being a bit healthier whilst annihilating a takeaway curry. Treat yourself to an extra paratha to balance that bit out.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 13:42:56 »

Chicken chilli massala
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 14:17:59 »

Methi Gohst. With paneer and fine helping of Raita.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 15:25:52 »

Vindy. Man up.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:24:47 »

Chicken Laal Maans, Jeera Aloo and Palak Paneer. Bloody hell I want a curry now.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:29:36 »

I’m a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to a curry. Chicken Dansak with Peshwari Naan.

My go to as well, although I will ask for the dhansak a bit hotter. I love a hot, sweet curry.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: