Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaways. Not Cheese.  (Read 46088 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 07:29:54 »

Chili shak is the absolute tits

Things get better but they never get good
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 08:33:38 »

agreed, bloody love that place! don't bother with the decking out the back though, it's a tip. the restaurant itself, the staff and the food are amazing though!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 16:33:02 »

I just got a flyer for some place called Chilli Shak in Victoria Road. Anyone tried them?

Mex food, burritos etc. eat in/take out/deliver but look quite expensive.

http://www.chillishak.co.uk/swindon/

You might be interested in the Old Town, beer and sausage fest this weekend.  Chillishak is doing something

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/13646601.Beer_ice_cream_and_lager_sorbets_on_Old_Town_s_Sausage_and_Ale_Trail/?ref=mr&lp=18
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 15:15:38 »

Ok teffers I need recommendation of a good Chinese takeaway in centralish Swindon.

Thanks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 15:31:36 »

Don't use Little Panda. We ordered from them last weekend for the first (and last) time. The food wasn't terrible but all the dishes were very 'samey'.

I've previously had good takeaways from Emperors Kitchen and Ming Dynasty.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 15:44:01 »

Ok teffers I need recommendation of a good Chinese takeaway in centralish Swindon.

Thanks

China Kitchen on Commercial Road, I've ordered from there a few times and it's always been decent.

A few people mention it in this thread - http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=55990.0
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 16:06:39 »

+1 for china kitchen.

great food and quick delivery.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 16:22:44 »

Gone off China Kitchen recently. The sauces are very watery. The best Chinese I have had is from North Star. Unfortunately they got rated a big fat ZERO for hygiene.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 17:57:12 »

Dirtier the better
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 18:09:07 »

Dirtier the better

Cheers all
Flashheart

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 18:10:53 »

I don't remember the last time I was ill through eating something dodgy, and I have eaten in some right shitholes. Just the other day we were being entertained by rats walking across the beams just above us while we ate. That place would be insta-closed in the UK.

They do bloody good food though. Their chicken, cashew nut, chilli and pepper stir fried in oyster sauce is the bomb.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 18:29:34 »

I don't remember the last time I was ill through eating something dodgy, and I have eaten in some right shitholes. Just the other day we were being entertained by rats walking across the beams just above us while we ate. That place would insta-closed in the UK.

They do bloody good food though. Their chicken, cashew nut, chilli and pepper stir fried in oyster sauce is the bomb.

One of the nicest places we ate in Mumbai was similar. We were advised to go there and was very nearly put off by the (lack of) cleanliness. However glad we did, cheap, spicy and delicious.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 19:42:55 »

All places have their food hygeine rating on the door here now by law and I must admit it hasn't changed what I eat that much. What you don't know and all that. I don't expect the most exacting standards from a takeaway. Cos if I did I'd just cook for myself or go to a proper restaurant.

That said I eat takeaways 1-2 a year and I'd definitely be put off by a 0 star rating no matter how good the food was. You guys probably have immune systems used to it!  Embarrassed

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 20:01:18 »

Gone off China Kitchen recently. The sauces are very watery. The best Chinese I have had is from North Star. Unfortunately they got rated a big fat ZERO for hygiene.
Only had one meal from North Star, not surprised about the rating - would never buy from there again, absolutely horrid!
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2015, 03:00:43 »

Terry: Look: all kitchens are filthy, Mr. Fawlty. In fact, the better the kitchen, the filthier it is. Have you ever read George Orwell's experiences at Maxim's in Paris?

Basil: No. Do you have a copy? I'll read it out in court.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: