Question: Do you floss?
Never - 19 (52.8%)
Daily - 5 (13.9%)
Once a week - 1 (2.8%)
Occasionally - 11 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flossing  (Read 4258 times)
Barry Scott

« on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 19:40:52 »

I was down the pub chatting with mates recently and some how dental floss came up. I learned out of the 4 of us one flossed now and again and the other 2 never had.

I floss daily and find the idea of not doing it pretty strange.

I've since learned that pretty much no cunt flosses.

What say ye TEF, I'm curious. Are the Yanks and Aussies right and our dental hygiene is shit?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 19:43:36 »

I barefaced lied to the hygenist earlier this week when I told him that I flossed regularly. I do now and again, but nowhere near enough to say it's regular.

As long as you brush well twice a day, what difference does flossing make?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 19:43:47 »

There's no need to floss unless there's food stuck between them in my opinion.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 19:43:53 »

I've never flossed in my life.

My teeth are a mess but I think that's more down to the abuse of various substances and thinking it was cool to open bottles with my teeth when I was young.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 19:52:32 »

Brushing will get rid of the plaque etc. on the open surfaces of your teeth, but the nasties hidden away in the inaccessible gaps between your teeth won't.  I don't floss every day, but everything feels nice & clean after you do.  Do it fairly ofte.  In fact, those little brushes that get between your teeth work better than flossing, I think.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 19:59:47 »

My teeth are a mess but I think that's more down to the abuse of various substances and thinking it was cool to open bottles with my teeth when I was young.

I saw someone try to do this once at a party.  He was very pissed.  All jovial and japey before he tried, but was reduced to a self-pitying blubbering mess seconds later after watching one of his front teeth spin across the room and land in a mate's lap.
Barry Scott

« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 20:09:01 »

This is what lots of people say, but if you floss properly and get it below the gum line, shit still comes up, even after brushing - although I invariably do it before.

Most of the time I get no noxious smells out my gob, but if I don't floss for a day for some reason, then when I floss the stink that comes out from between certain teeth is pretty horrid, before or after brushing.

For the record I brush twice a day with an electric brush.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 20:49:12 »

I floss every year whether my teeth need it or not.
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 21:18:49 »

It's good for getting rid of the most determined pubes
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 22:29:41 »

I floss daily. Flossing helps prevent tooth decay and gum disease, but more importantly it saves me money by avoiding fillings. It's a no-brainer!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 22:48:25 »

This is what lots of people say, but if you floss properly and get it below the gum line, shit still comes up, even after brushing - although I invariably do it before.

Most of the time I get no noxious smells out my gob, but if I don't floss for a day for some reason, then when I floss the stink that comes out from between certain teeth is pretty horrid, before or after brushing.

For the record I brush twice a day with an electric brush.

Spot on Barry. Having a sniff of your floss is a good indication to what your breath smells like.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 23:10:53 »

I also scrape my tongue and use mouth wash. It's a bit of a ritual.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 23:33:09 »

Even thinking about scraping my tongue makes me gag. I'm lucky if I get through two minutes of tooth brushing without doing it once.

Flossing's a once a week thing for me if I've got time. Normally do it before bed though as I feel like there's great gaps between me teeth if I do it and then go out. Interdental brushes are the ticket, try and keep a pack in the car for that moment when you know you've got something stuck in your teeth but it's inopportune to go digging.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 23:42:26 »

Anybody use mouthwash?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 23:50:05 »

I've never flossed in my life.

I still do that now...

No floss but toothpick on a regular basis.....dentist said "I can see you have been flossing"....

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: