Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 160646 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 11:03:02 »

Lidl sometimes has Mythos on the special buy shelves

It does you’re right I have seen it and will be a port of call later. I did call Magnum but they didn’t have either which surprised me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 12:45:31 »

I had a lovely pint of 6x in a wadworths pub, just north of Tewkesbury at the weekend. Didn't expect to see one of their pubs that far from Devizes. It was a welcome site  Smiley
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 12:48:57 »

I had a lovely pint of 6x in a wadworths pub, just north of Tewkesbury at the weekend. Didn't expect to see one of their pubs that far from Devizes. It was a welcome site  Smiley
Got the shits this morning ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #498 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 12:51:19 »

We have a load down here in South Somerset, theres a Waddys pub about 2 miles from my house and several just over near Exeter. Not that unusual now, even if the 6x doesn't travel that well still.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 14:05:41 »

We have a load down here in South Somerset, theres a Waddys pub about 2 miles from my house and several just over near Exeter. Not that unusual now, even if the 6x doesn't travel that well still.

Similarly neither does Pedigree from up here. I remember the landlord from a pub in the South West (see other thread  Wink ) saying it took about 3 weeks for it to settle properly. Once he realised, along with some trial and error, he said it was fine yet meant he had to order it in advance. Funny though, when I go in pubs (out of town) now and ask for a pint of Pedi and ask if they have any trouble with it, most ignorantly say no. Only to find my pint looking like it's been in a hurricane  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 21:37:22 »

Here I am, sitting down, with a "Lost Cosmonauts" double-dry-hopped IPA by North Brewing. Picked up in Tesco's, this is a hazy looking beer, juicy, barely any bitterness, and ruddy marvellous. One of my absolute favourite supermarket beers, well done Tesco's, you may have a dodgy accounts department but your beer buying department is - as the kids say, or at least used to say - "doing bits".
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 10:10:23 »

Do you get much Timothy Taylor got south, I love a pint of Landlord and in Skipton the other week discovered they actually own a pub which has the full range of tap, a very pleasant afternoon.

Also of you ever find yourself in York the York Tap which is in the old station waiting room is a fantastic place for a pint or two!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 10:26:34 »

Do you get much Timothy Taylor got south, I love a pint of Landlord and in Skipton the other week discovered they actually own a pub which has the full range of tap, a very pleasant afternoon.

Also of you ever find yourself in York the York Tap which is in the old station waiting room is a fantastic place for a pint or two!

Yes & Yes!

York is a great ale drinking city.
The Brew York Tap Room is very good.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 10:43:08 »

Its available in some decent pubs in London. When my wife was working in the city her 'local' had Landlord available. I was drinking Landlord in Crewe a couple of weeks ago, certainly cheaper than in the capital!!

York is a fantastic city. Anyone who thinks differently is a shambles.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #504 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 14:04:21 »

Almost all out local pubs in South Somerst stock Timothy Taylors Landlord regularly.

And yes as BO says York is an amazing city for pubs and beer, they have a phenominal beer shop called "The House of the Trembling Madness" just off the Shambles, stock massive range of beers and the cafe is good too.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 14:12:27 »

Yes & Yes!

Agree 100%,   excellent boozer with excellent ales. Not been there in the last twelve months but assume it's not changed.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 14:14:26 »

Almost all out local pubs in South Somerst stock Timothy Taylors Landlord regularly.

And yes as BO says York is an amazing city for pubs and beer, they have a phenominal beer shop called "The House of the Trembling Madness" just off the Shambles, stock massive range of beers and the cafe is good too.

That's one of my favourite pubs in the UK, the owner keeps threatening to close it down as he owns a successful tea room and is interested turning The Trembling Madness into one too.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #507 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 14:15:58 »

That's one of my favourite pubs in the UK, the owner keeps threatening to close it down as he owns a successful tea room and is interested turning The Trembling Madness into one too.
I hope he doesn't close it, whenever I am up there I go in and spend way way too much money!

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 20:51:14 »

Yes & Yes!

York is great, some fine pubs.  Derby, too. Really excellent boozers there.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 21:52:57 »

York is great, some fine pubs.  Derby, too. Really excellent boozers there.

I hear Richard Keogh knows of a decent watering hole or two... (see Transfer Rumours)  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: