Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 160869 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, November 7, 2016, 12:56:33 »

This place is also on my hit list: http://motherkellys.co.uk/

Looks good. They've got a couple of Ægir beers on, lovely beers from a beautiful part of Norway.

I'm going to a Kiwi tap takeover in Battersea later in the week, should be good. It's impossible not to find new and tasty beers from small breweries, I love it.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, November 7, 2016, 13:16:40 »

Looks great. Wiper and True and Tiny Rebel are well worth a try. I've only had one Kernel but will keep looking. It is a wonderful time, isn't? Fashion may move on again and many will probably go to the wall but at the moment...
Stevens

« Reply #377 on: Monday, November 7, 2016, 17:30:06 »

Serving Marstons Pedigree on tap at the local now, what a result.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, November 7, 2016, 18:26:43 »

Punk IPA is one of my favourites and I've not tried any of their brews that I've not enjoyed

I like that too. Amazingly, you can get it in Carrefour and Monoprix, along with Pride.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, November 7, 2016, 18:42:22 »

I like that too. Amazingly, you can get it in Carrefour and Monoprix, along with Pride.
£6 for 4 cans in the Sainsbury's near me. Not cheap but cheap enough...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, November 7, 2016, 23:47:45 »

£6 for 4 cans in the Sainsbury's near me. Not cheap but cheap enough...

Hopefully about to get cheaper here on the lovely sunlit Costa Europa.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:32:38 »

Yep, love them Their brewery is one of the stops on the Bermondsey beer mile, which I'd wholly recommend doing.

I really like Partizan and Brixton breweries at the moment, and Einstok (Icelandic brewery). Dropping £20 in a bottle shop on 7 or 8 different beers is one of the best things, and the whole beer scene is awesome at the moment. Every time someone like BrewDog or Camden get too big and you see them everywhere, half a dozen new players pop up.

This place is also on my hit list: http://motherkellys.co.uk/

There is a Brewdog near us on Battersea Rise which is a pretty good bar. We actually did a beer tasting session there which was quite interesting.

I do like their beer in general, the chocolate stout was nice, but you could probably only have 1.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 11:50:12 »

If anyone is ever in east london, visit http://www.masonandcompany.co.uk/

Good food and good beer.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 12:54:02 »

If anyone is ever in east london, visit http://www.masonandcompany.co.uk/

Good food and good beer.

Great place, as is Shane's next door - brilliant food. 5 Points, who co-own The Mason Co is another of my absolute favourites. Their Pale is great.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 16:38:58 »

New pub opening in Old Town tonight, The Tuppenny. No mainstream beers or lagers - all craft beers from the local Renegade Brewery and West Berkshire Brewery.

Apparently, they provide something called a Growler for takeaway beer!

Craft Beer & Cider line-up On the taps

Renegade Brewery – Craft Lager – 4.5%

This uncompromising lager is crisp, clean and utterly refreshing. Lagered for six weeks and loaded with Progress and Fuggles hops for masses of flavour.

Renegade Brewery – West Coast Pale Ale – 5.1%

Pow! Hops! This American Pale Ale is inspired by the great craft beers of the U.S. West Coast. Shedloads of Cascade, Summit, Columbus and Chinook result in a big, fat, hop bomb of a beer.

Electric Bear Brewing – Edison – 4.8%

This Czech style lager is a straw colour with classic Pilsner nose and hints of banana. Clean floral, grassy with citrus notes to taste; dry and refreshing.

Bristol Beer Factory – Milk Stout – 4.5%

Smooth chocolate sweetness and balancing coffee bitterness with hints of dark fruits. Perfect for winter.

West Berkshire Brewery – Wheaty McWheatface – 4.2%

Winner of the Imbibe Wheat Beer Challenge 2016. A mix of traditional styles with inspiration drawn from the continent. 50% wheat in the mash adds a spicy yet clean flavour and bittering is provided by English First Gold hops..

Hoxton Cidersmiths – Harry Masters Jersey – 4.5%

Made from the vintage bitter sweet cider apple raised originally by Somerset nurseryman Harry Masters in the late 1800s, this is a medium blend cider with a refreshing and distinctive taste. As right for a summer’s day as a night on the tiles.

On the pumps

West Berkshire Brewery – Good Old Boy Best Bitter – 4.0%

Gold winner, Supreme Champion Beer of Britain for 2017! A classic bitter brewed with a blend of rich malted barley and fruity hops to produce an exceptionally well-balanced and full-flavoured beer.

West Berkshire Brewery – Mr Chubb’s Lunchtime Bitter – 3.7%

This beautifully balanced session ale has a refreshing light floral flavour provided by a single variety of English hops.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 16:53:10 »

New pub opening in Old Town tonight, The Tuppenny. No mainstream beers or lagers - all craft beers from the local Renegade Brewery and West Berkshire Brewery.

Apparently, they provide something called a Growler for takeaway beer!

Craft Beer & Cider line-up On the taps

Renegade Brewery – Craft Lager – 4.5%

This uncompromising lager is crisp, clean and utterly refreshing. Lagered for six weeks and loaded with Progress and Fuggles hops for masses of flavour.

Renegade Brewery – West Coast Pale Ale – 5.1%

Pow! Hops! This American Pale Ale is inspired by the great craft beers of the U.S. West Coast. Shedloads of Cascade, Summit, Columbus and Chinook result in a big, fat, hop bomb of a beer.

Electric Bear Brewing – Edison – 4.8%

This Czech style lager is a straw colour with classic Pilsner nose and hints of banana. Clean floral, grassy with citrus notes to taste; dry and refreshing.

Bristol Beer Factory – Milk Stout – 4.5%

Smooth chocolate sweetness and balancing coffee bitterness with hints of dark fruits. Perfect for winter.

West Berkshire Brewery – Wheaty McWheatface – 4.2%

Winner of the Imbibe Wheat Beer Challenge 2016. A mix of traditional styles with inspiration drawn from the continent. 50% wheat in the mash adds a spicy yet clean flavour and bittering is provided by English First Gold hops..

Hoxton Cidersmiths – Harry Masters Jersey – 4.5%

Made from the vintage bitter sweet cider apple raised originally by Somerset nurseryman Harry Masters in the late 1800s, this is a medium blend cider with a refreshing and distinctive taste. As right for a summer’s day as a night on the tiles.

On the pumps

West Berkshire Brewery – Good Old Boy Best Bitter – 4.0%

Gold winner, Supreme Champion Beer of Britain for 2017! A classic bitter brewed with a blend of rich malted barley and fruity hops to produce an exceptionally well-balanced and full-flavoured beer.

West Berkshire Brewery – Mr Chubb’s Lunchtime Bitter – 3.7%

This beautifully balanced session ale has a refreshing light floral flavour provided by a single variety of English hops.

Is that not a bit pretentious? I'm not saying they should have a fridge full of wkd blue and Smirnoff ice but what's the reason for no mainstream beers of larger?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 16:58:04 »

Pretty similar to the pub opposite them, tbh and that's usually rammed..

Think it's a good idea what with the upsurge in interest in 'real' ale etc. Nice to have a choice from the usual offerings.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 16:58:45 »

It works for The Hop opposite, so guess they are going for extending that market.  No point putting in a branded place in that area given the existing competition.  Like the idea, will give it a visit when I come back to see the family.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 17:04:01 »

Is that not a bit pretentious? I'm not saying they should have a fridge full of wkd blue and Smirnoff ice but what's the reason for no mainstream beers of larger?

I'm surprised you think it pretentious Chubbs, when you've a lunchtime bitter named after you  Smiley

Essentially snobbery, you're trying to tap into a more "sophisticated" market.  Difficult in Swindon....as it's tiny and maybe catered for. Still Linda always did a top job in the Vic, so she'll probably make a go of this.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 17:07:04 »

Its named after a Tuppenny Upright - one of the services offered by Victorian whores.

With inflation, what would that be worth nowadays?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: