Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 158939 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 22:01:45 »

Seeing an Englishman praising French industrial beer makes me very sad.
I'm not really praising it though, that's the irony. I'm saying I don't really like it that much. I just like the quantity and strength. That looks a bit bleak really I know, but there it is.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 22:04:14 »

You'd love the 1 litre cans in Norway...
Mmmmmmmmm......1 litre cans.......

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 22:09:23 »

I'm not really praising it though, that's the irony. I'm saying I don't really like it that much. I just like the quantity and strength. That looks a bit bleak really I know, but there it is.

I'm sitting in rural Burgundy tonight, and enjoyed a lovely can of Greene King IPA. The best thing about being a foreigner is cherry-picking the best bits of each culture. As far as beer is concerned, Engkand definitely has the upper hand.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 22:11:34 »

I'm sitting in rural Burgundy tonight, and enjoyed a lovely can of Greene King IPA. The best thing about being a foreigner is cherry-picking the best bits of each culture. As far as beer is concerned, Engkand definitely has the upper hand.
Where is this Engkand you speak of? I am intrigued Hmmm
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 22:13:13 »

Seeing an Englishman praising French industrial beer makes me very sad.
Isn't wife beater Belgian which is probably even more sacrilegious than French. Just finishing my beers bought back from Flanders trips, never really liked the Belgian beers we get imported into UK but found 2 or 3 lovely ones over there.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 22:17:32 »

I JUST WANT BEER (ENGLISH, FRENCH, BELGIAN, WHATEVER) IN ONE PINT CANS - IT'S NOT HARD - WHY DON'T THEY DO IT?!?!?!?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 22:21:35 »

Where is this Engkand you speak of? I am intrigued Hmmm

One IPA- (plus a bottle of Chablis-) induced typo in seven years and I get pilloried. Damn your punctiliousness.

PS. It's Kronenbourg (with a second o).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 06:43:47 »

Isn't wife beater Belgian which is probably even more sacrilegious than French. Just finishing my beers bought back from Flanders trips, never really liked the Belgian beers we get imported into UK but found 2 or 3 lovely ones over there.

Stella's Belgian. It was his praise for Kronenbourg I was questioning. Belgium is a completely different kettle of fish. Proper beer culture, plenty of lovely beers, though the high alcohol Trappist stuff is often a bit "chewy" for my taste.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 08:13:06 »

Stella's Belgian. It was his praise for Kronenbourg I was questioning. Belgium is a completely different kettle of fish. Proper beer culture, plenty of lovely beers, though the high alcohol Trappist stuff is often a bit "chewy" for my taste.

I find both Stella and Kronenbourg both very good hangover/hair of the dog pints when you need something fresh and cold. I agree with you regarding a lot of Belgian beers, not helped by fact the ones that seem to generally get imported into UK are often a bit strong and thus can be special brewy, the stuff the locals tend to drink over there is equally strong but fine stuff.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 09:17:58 »

I've only ever seen Stella do them. Ironically, I don't really like the taste of Stella that much but I like the strength and the quantity so much that I will buy it over others that I actually prefer the taste of. If only Kronenburg would do 1pt cans. Life couldn't get much better than that.

It's such an obvious thing for the beer makers to do though isn't it? Even taking Carling into account (which I've never seen), why is it so rare to see 1 pint cans??

Not a criticism as such but why do you prefer beer which you don't necessarily enjoy the taste of because of its strength?

I have never liked the taste of stella to be honest, to me it has always tasted 'tinny'. I have kind of gone off lager as well and prefer stout, ales. Possibly an age thing?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 11:40:56 »

Took a bottle of Lion stout to a byob curry house on Friday as the label said it went well with curry. The label was right. Very nice indeed.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 12:21:02 »

The southville hop from the Bristol beer factory is a fantastic IPA.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 14:08:56 »

Not a criticism as such but why do you prefer beer which you don't necessarily enjoy the taste of because of its strength?

I have never liked the taste of stella to be honest, to me it has always tasted 'tinny'. I have kind of gone off lager as well and prefer stout, ales. Possibly an age thing?
It's just convenience really. The strength x amount means I can have a 4 x pack and a couple of glasses of wine on a Saturday night and feel like I've had a drink (which after all, is the whole point of drinking) without being blotto'd. I don't hate Stella as such - I'm not a masochist you understand. It's just that if there were other beers you could get in 1pt cans, such as 1664 or San Miguel for example, I would go for them every time over Stella.

We get the shit end of the stick in this country with Stella, if you have in Europe it's a totally different drink.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 15:24:03 »

Check out the wild beer co based in Shepton mallet.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 15:54:58 »

Brewdog's milk stout, 'Jet Black Heart'. Ruddy lovely.

Left Hand Brewing do a couple of unbeatable milk stouts... available from Brewdog

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: