Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 158934 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 08:26:26 »

Has Kaiserdom found its way to Blighty's sunny shores? It's available out here and makes a bloody good alternative to lager.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 13:29:37 »

Has Kaiserdom found its way to Blighty's sunny shores? It's available out here and makes a bloody good alternative to lager.

I've not seen it yet in London Town.

I've got into pale ales recently. Queenstown ale in my local is very nice but at £5.65 a pint is a rare treat!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 11:40:18 »

I've been on an ale exploration recently, discovered some nice beers from my local brewery Sambrooks but tried a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale yesterday, pleasantly nice.

Any recommendations for me to try?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 11:45:44 »

Golden Glory is my fav. Don't often find it on draught though.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 12:54:44 »

Try the app 'Untappd'. You can 'check in' beers you try and it recommends similar offerings.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Talk Talk

« Reply #245 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 13:00:57 »

Try the app 'Untappd'. You can 'check in' beers you try and it recommends similar offerings.

I have just fallen in love with you Alex.

Awesome
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 13:23:10 »

Untappd is great, but I feel like a bit of a geek when stalling on ordering as I want to see the average scores, and whether I've had it before, and then taking a picture of my beer...

sonic - if you're in London (I presume, I'm pretty sure Sambrook's is London) and looking for Pale ales then there are loads of local brews to choose from.  I love The Kernel brewery's stuff, so if you see a bottle of Table Beer then get that.  Five Points Brewery is also good, as is The CronX (from Croydon), and Meantime has a load of interesting beers, but also good tasty "standard" beers too.

never trust a nun...
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 13:35:39 »

Just bought a new lots of bottles so...

Some of the best stuff I've had lately has been from Tiny Rebel. They are in Newport (the worst one) but their beers are superb - the One Inch Punch and Oat Smoked Stout were some of the best. Really consistent brewery.

Wiper and True from Bristol are well worth a look too. They have a pretty big range of brews so sometimes I really like one but never see it again. Their milk stout (Milkshake?) was very good as is their black IPA with Gloucester Brewery.

Worth mentioning are also Art Brew of Devon, Mad Hatter from Liverpool and Bristol Beer Factory - but they are much easier to find than the others mentioned.
Panda Paws

« Reply #248 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 13:47:34 »

Did the Bermondsey beer mile on Saturday - absolutely excellent way to spend a Saturday.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 14:53:41 »

Worth mentioning are also Art Brew of Devon, Mad Hatter from Liverpool and Bristol Beer Factory - but they are much easier to find than the others mentioned.
Bristol Beer Factory's Southville Hop is one of the greatest beers of all time for me, along with Thornbridge's Jaipur.

Anyone got a good beer pub crawl in Swindon?  I presume that you'd start at the GluePot and work your way up to The Steam Railway, but then you're missing out Wroughton, RWB and Cricklade's pubs which seems a shame.  Still, would expect 8 good pubs on that route?

edit - GluePot > Sir Daniel Arms ? > The Beehive >The Roaring Donkey > The Hop Inn > The Plough > The Royal Oak (not been since it was re-done) > The Wheatsheaf > The Steam Railway
« Last Edit: Monday, January 25, 2016, 14:57:51 by timmyg » Logged

never trust a nun...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:07:35 »

Untappd is great, but I feel like a bit of a geek when stalling on ordering as I want to see the average scores, and whether I've had it before, and then taking a picture of my beer...

sonic - if you're in London (I presume, I'm pretty sure Sambrook's is London) and looking for Pale ales then there are loads of local brews to choose from.  I love The Kernel brewery's stuff, so if you see a bottle of Table Beer then get that.  Five Points Brewery is also good, as is The CronX (from Croydon), and Meantime has a load of interesting beers, but also good tasty "standard" beers too.
I tried a Kernel Pale Ale yesterday, very nice it was indeed.

I've been looking on Untappd and ratebeer but the most highly rated are all Stouts which I'm not particularly keen on.

Cheers for the tips all. I going to try and not drink the same beer twice this year.

Another mention of Thornbridges' Jaipur, need to try that.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:18:19 »

London is a mecca at the moment for 'craft' brewers. Not just London actually, all around the country.

Marks and Spencer do a good variety of ale from British brewers.

I'd recommend Camden Town Brewery, Beavertown and Four Pure.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Talk Talk

« Reply #252 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:20:32 »

Another mention of Thornbridges' Jaipur, need to try that.

Jaipur is outstanding. Pure nectar  Cloud 9

Incidentally if you fly to Norway from Gatwick James, they have it in the Flying Horse 'spoons in South Terminal departures. Consistently for the two years that I was flying from there.
Panda Paws

« Reply #253 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:43:06 »

London is a mecca at the moment for 'craft' brewers. Not just London actually, all around the country.

Marks and Spencer do a good variety of ale from British brewers.

I'd recommend Camden Town Brewery, Beavertown and Four Pure.

Fourpure is one of the breweries on the Bermondsey beer mile, and my favourite. Partizan and Brixton are other favourite London breweries of mine. Beavertown neck oil and the Kernel's Pale Amarillo are great too.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 18:13:37 »

Jaipur is outstanding. Pure nectar  Cloud 9

Incidentally if you fly to Norway from Gatwick James, they have it in the Flying Horse 'spoons in South Terminal departures. Consistently for the two years that I was flying from there.
As it happens I am flying to Norway from Gatwick next month... Thanks for the heads up.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: