Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 158954 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:05:28 »

I forgot to say that the beer I drank down in Sussex was very nice. The only one I remember was called 360, but they were all decent. And its nice countryside down there as well, and not too difficult to get to from London, which was a bonus!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 19:16:11 »

Not beer, but I've got a bottle of mulled cider I've found left over from Xmas.

Without going through all the bollocks on the label, is it drinkable as it is?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 19:26:28 »

I would've thought so, only one way to find out.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 22:55:32 »

Not beer, but I've got a bottle of mulled cider I've found left over from Xmas.

Without going through all the bollocks on the label, is it drinkable as it is?

Man up, of course it is.
FatSmurf

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 12:40:43 »

I remember sinking several of those in The Lord Nelson (I think) in Brighton prior to jumping on a train down to Hove to see the Town at the old Goldstone Ground. That was over 20 years ago and I remember the Harveys like it was yesterday - must have been good.
Pint

Father in law introduced me to this in Covent Garden the other day, its amazing!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, March 12, 2015, 21:42:05 »

Named after a town in Austria, and the German word for Pale (Hell), I present to you:

Fucking Hell beer

http://www.fucking-hell.de/en/

Can we get them to sponsor the club for next season?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, March 12, 2015, 22:44:59 »

Named after a town in Austria, and the German word for Pale (Hell), I present to you:

Fucking Hell beer

http://www.fucking-hell.de/en/

Can we get them to sponsor the club for next season?

They sponsor motorsports so...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, March 12, 2015, 23:56:08 »

I have had a couple of cans of carlsberg export tonight,  quite pleasant  Pint
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 10:06:22 »

Off to York tomorrow for a weekend away, any decent beer/ales up that way? Looking forward to paying less than £4.50 for a pint!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:31:09 »

Haven't been to York for 15 years or so, but it used to be a fantastic pub crawl mixing with the students.

It always had a good variety of northern beers. Will be interested to hear what you find.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:36:37 »

Off to York tomorrow for a weekend away, any decent beer/ales up that way? Looking forward to paying less than £4.50 for a pint!

The classic Yorkshire beers that spring to mind are Theakstons, Sam Smiths and Timothy Taylors....all 3 still going as far as I know.

This might help....

http://withinthewalls.tumblr.com/post/67391925485/sam-smiths-rebrand-the-hansom-cab-to-the-burns
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #221 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:51:24 »

The York Tap on the station has a brilliant range of beers, then wander over to the Maltsters near the river, over Lendel Bridge to the 3-Legged Mare near the Minster (High Petergate) - classic drinking pub, York Brewery beers, into town a bit to another York Brewery pub, the Last Drop Inn in Colliergate, carry on down to Fossgate to the Blue Bell. Ignore the Private Party sign often put up there to stop the stag parties going in, well worth a look in, the decor is classic and historic but the landlord can be an arse. The beer is usually top notch though esp Tim Taylors and Sheffield beers from Bradfield brewery.

I like York.

I like beer.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 14:36:05 »

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Heading up with my good lady who will be wanting to watch the Wales v Ireland egg chasing so it sounds like there are plenty of hostelries to explore! Smiley

red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 16:25:14 »

The York Tap on the station has a brilliant range of beers, then wander over to the Maltsters near the river, over Lendel Bridge to the 3-Legged Mare near the Minster (High Petergate) - classic drinking pub, York Brewery beers, into town a bit to another York Brewery pub, the Last Drop Inn in Colliergate, carry on down to Fossgate to the Blue Bell. Ignore the Private Party sign often put up there to stop the stag parties going in, well worth a look in, the decor is classic and historic but the landlord can be an arse. The beer is usually top notch though esp Tim Taylors and Sheffield beers from Bradfield brewery.

I like York.

I like beer.

AS Wilf says if youre arriving by train the York Tap is a nice pub thats in the train station.  The Maltings which is situated by Lendal Bridge has just won Pub of the year from Camra.  Its close to the large Aviva building on George Hudson St.  All of the York Brewery pubs are good, my beer of choice in there is Guzzler, but they are all good.  They do tours at the brewery which is on Toft Green just behind Micklegate.  I wouldn't bother trying to get into the Blue Bell, as the L/Lord is definitely a bit of an ass.

In terms of your more trendy bars I'd avoid Micklegate and head for Kennedys, Bobo Lobo and Stonegate Yard which are on Back Swinegate off of stonegate, then just further on there are a host of new trendy bars  on Swinegate itself

In terms of watching the rugby The Terrace bills itself as a sports bar, but most places will have it on

enjoy York is a good night out with something for everyone

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 09:22:05 »

The classic Yorkshire beers that spring to mind are Theakstons, Sam Smiths and Timothy Taylors....all 3 still going as far as I know.

This might help....

http://withinthewalls.tumblr.com/post/67391925485/sam-smiths-rebrand-the-hansom-cab-to-the-burns

There is a pub on Fleet Street called ye olde Cheshire cheese which has nothing but Sam Smith brewed drinks. And very nice too. Have spotted a lot of Timothy Taylor beers down South also.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: