Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moto GP 2014  (Read 6918 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 12:51:57 »

First up, cant say i'm sold on the new BT Sports team.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/BT+Sport+announces+MotoGP+programmes+and+presenters
A bit disappointed they didn't take the BBC team over to them, but i will reserve judgment until i see them in action.

Anyway....only a month or so away from the new season, im looking forward to it. No surprise Marc Marquez was fastest in Sepang. I'd say he's favorite to win it again. Cant see the top 4 being any different from this year. (Marquez, Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Vale) I think Vale will manage to keep up a bit more this season with a few wins.

Pol Espagero and Bradders on the Tech 3 Yamaha should put in some fast lap times as should Stefan Bradl so would expect to see these three on the podium at some point in the season.

Surprise packages for the season for me will be Aleix Espagero and Colin Edwards on the NGM Mobile Forward Racing bikes.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 13:28:14 »

With regards to the BT Sport team, I know many people who couldn't bear to watch on BBC & would rather watch delayed coverage on Eurosport.

Personally I would have preferred Toby & Julian to do the race commentary (so having one of them is better than none).

Will be an interesting season to see if Jorge can stay healthy enough to really push Marc.
Have never been sold on Pedrosa as champion material, and unless the top 2 pick up injuries don't expect that to change.
Not sure about Vale, would imagine if he isn't competitive this season it will be the end of the road. I hope he can pick up some wins, but again I'm not sure he will be fast enough to trouble Jorge & Marc.

Also just how good/bad the Ducati will be, really hope for Cal's sake that they make a step forward, just not sure that will happen.

Big year for Bradley Smith, if he gets overshadowed by a rookie teammate then his hopes of a factory ride in the future will all but disappear, but if he pushes too far beyond his ability he will be the Toseland.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 13:29:04 »

What?! The BT team looks MUCH better than the BBC team. I'll take Huewen & Ryder over Cox & Parrish any day. Maybe you didn't watch much racing in the 90s; I was brought up listening to Huewen & Ryder commentating on World Superbikes.

Plus having ex-racers as pundits and people who actually know about racing as reporters.

Marquez should (and probably will) have the Championship sewn up for the next couple of years at least. It'll be nice if someone actually gives him a bit of competition.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 13:36:04 »

What?! The BT team looks MUCH better than the BBC team. I'll take Huewen & Ryder over Cox & Parrish any day. Maybe you didn't watch much racing in the 90s; I was brought up listening to Huewen & Ryder commentating on World Superbikes.

Plus having ex-racers as pundits and people who actually know about racing as reporters.

Marquez should (and probably will) have the Championship sewn up for the next couple of years at least. It'll be nice if someone actually gives him a bit of competition.

OK, its more the case of  I don't get Melanie Sykes and Iwan Thomas being on the team.
I actually like James Tosland and Matt Birt, wasn't a massive fan of Julian Ryder on Eurosport mind.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 13:37:47 »

on a more positive note, im very impressed with the amount of coverage BT Sport will be giving Moto GP.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 20:45:16 »

First race of the season, very good.

Looks promising for a good season
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 20:51:04 »

First race of the season, very good.

Looks promising for a good season
Cracking opening race, Looks like its gonna be a lot closer this year.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 11:12:06 »

I caught the Sports news this morning, am I right in saying the winning rider had a broken leg?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 11:16:14 »

A very recently mended broken leg. Still can't bear weight on it. The kid's a bit special, did a handful of laps during pre-season testing and is nowhere near fit yet turns up at the first race of the season and wins it. Granted, he's got the best bike but it's still quite some achievement.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 11:19:15 »

on a more positive note, im very impressed with the amount of coverage BT Sport will be giving Moto GP.

Thought the coverage was brilliant. Some of the presenters will take a while to get into things, but 5+ hours on non-stop coverage was great Smiley Nice to see Moto2 and Moto3 get the same level of coverage as the main event too, much better than the BBC.

Absolutely loved hearing Ryder & Huewen commentating together again. So much better than Parrish & Cox.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 12:04:57 »

Totally agree Sam, but i think that i am going to get annoyed with KH if he keeps banging on about Leon Camier not getting a ride all the time. Its great to see KH and JR back together, it takes me back to the great days of WSBK in the mid to late 90s. Dont really see the point of Mel Sykes but i never really saw the point of Suzi Perry apart from her ability to shag her way through the paddock. Great ride by Scott Reddin.     

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 13:02:12 »

My only problem is I only have the app/online viewing so have to hdmi a laptop up to the tv and the connection can be a bit hit and miss.

Commentary was fine, but I do not like Mel Sykes one bit.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 15:44:36 »

Colin Edwards surprise?! Is he still riding... I remember watching him win the WSB which must of been at least 10 years ago.. broke Foggy's record for points and  Troy Bayliss also beating it finishing second.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 16:06:18 »

That must've been 2002 or 2003.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 16:08:30 »

Yep, Wikipedia says 2002.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print