Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Swindon striker Storey set for Shrewsbury loan deal  (Read 18963 times)
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #30 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:32:07 »

Because of his off field troubles.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:37:35 »

You can't compare a goalies skill set to a player's one. A goalie has handling, diving, reflexes, speed off his line, kicking, throwing, positioning.... A footballer has about 50.

Name the 49 that Miles can't do.....
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #32 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:44:37 »

Let's just see where the two are in 5 years time.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:45:58 »

Fola you really have a massive erection for Ranger don't you?

Storey is a good player who has not had enough time on the pitch. He's not as good as Ranger but then Ranger shouldn't be playing at this level and only is because he's a bit of a bellend. Apples, oranges.

I do think Storey will be a good L1 player, and he's got the potential to possibly be a 10-a season Championship one too if he gets the game time. He's definitely someone I'd like to see come on for the last 30 mins of a match or start home games. Not a lone striker, but then I think (hopefully) that 4-5-1 will be going the way of the dodo as we're obviously at our best with Ranger and Smith up front together.

Barker was anonymous in that god-awful excuse for a game but then that's better than being pure and utter shite.

FYI on a more theoretical note I believe Wes is still widely regarded by the quickest player in the team, so if he couldn't catch he'd actually probably still be in with a shot at being a professional footballer.  
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:47:28 »

You could have just said no.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:55:12 »

One will be in prison.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:56:07 »

Just annoys me how people overhype Storey purely because he's come through our youth team, whereas Ranger gets downplayed massively because of the way he is. I judge on ability, I don't have to like them. I see them play for 90 minutes a week.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 15:08:47 »

Just annoys me how people overhype Storey purely because he's come through our youth team, whereas Ranger gets downplayed massively because of the way he is. I judge on ability, I don't have to like them. I see them play for 90 minutes a week.

Storey mostly isn't over hyped. I doubt many see him as a starter right now. It's more about the likes of el gabbas getting game time and seeming offering far less.

Barker was hopeless, but it's a bit soon to write him off.

Ranger is the over hyped one. He's very good for his age, very important to our team. But I don't see him currently as being better than Fallon or Mooney. If he can get his head sorted in two or three years then yes maybe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 15:10:12 »

Fair enough. I just think Miles deserves a place on the bench and should probably be 4th in line of our strikers based on what I've seen so far. This has very little to do with the fact that he's come from our youth team and I don't think this is overhyping him.

FWIW I think Ranger is a very very good player at this level, in fact I think you were the first one to mention him in this thread.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 17:42:56 »

If Ranger wasn't a bellend he'd be playing in at least the championship now.

Things get better but they never get good
kerry red

« Reply #40 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 17:47:48 »

Storey mostly isn't over hyped. I doubt many see him as a starter right now. It's more about the likes of el gabbas getting game time and seeming offering far less.

Barker was hopeless, but it's a bit soon to write him off.

Ranger is the over hyped one. He's very good for his age, very important to our team. But I don't see him currently as being better than Fallon or Mooney. If he can get his head sorted in two or three years then yes maybe.

Not better than Fallon or Mooney?

Are you mad!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 17:52:03 »

Not better than Fallon or Mooney?

Are you mad!
b obviously!
kerry red

« Reply #42 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 17:59:06 »

I think his off field antics have blurred just what a good player he is in some people's minds.

He's too good for L1 for sure
« Last Edit: Friday, February 14, 2014, 18:01:28 by Audrey » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 18:00:00 »

Batchy doesn't like controversial people.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 18:00:54 »

Fallon. Christ.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: