Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Swindon striker Storey set for Shrewsbury loan deal  (Read 18962 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 11:12:20 »

Think Cooper's assessment of Storey is fair - he plays well in a 442 but he lacks the touch, awareness and strength to play as a lone striker. Similarly in the wide positions he had been exposed as short on tricks and touch to trouble his full-back. When he did play wide earlier in the season, his movement didn't look great either. Games will help but he also needs coaching as he has most of the physical attributes.

As for Barker, our fans would make great scouts. Most managers would want to have a player watched numerous times, by multiple people. But for them, 70 mins is enough.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 14, 2014, 11:33:46 by A Gent Orange » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 12:11:25 »

Nobody but Cooper wants Barker.....

Hope he does well....AND comes back...

What?? Are you suggesting Cooper has a say in player recruitment and/or team selection?!! Wink
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 13:02:11 »

If Storey wasn't as quick as he is then he wouldn't be a professional footballer, I fail to see what else he brings to the table. In all the games I've seen him I can hardly remember him making a pass, all he does is try to beat the offside trap and go through on goal.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 13:05:10 »

If Storey wasn't as quick as he is then he wouldn't be a professional footballer, I fail to see what else he brings to the table. In all the games I've seen him I can hardly remember him making a pass, all he does is try to beat the offside trap and go through on goal.

Oh I get it. He's me on FIFA14.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 13:13:33 »

I suspect that Storey will be off inthe summer, if there is a team that will offer him regular football, he keeps getting overlooked here even when we was without ranger. He needs to play to gain experience but then when he gets the taste of regular first team football he may want to keep it going, good luck to him.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 13:17:49 »

Michael Owen made a decent career out of this.
I'd like to see Storey given a run of games and then we'll see if he's good enough or not. I'd rather give a young one of ours a go rather than a young one of some other team.
I hope he scores shedloads fo Shrewsbury and comes back and claims a first team spot. I think there's a player there. 
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 13:22:41 »

Michael Owen made a decent career out of this.
I'd like to see Storey given a run of games and then we'll see if he's good enough or not. I'd rather give a young one of ours a go rather than a young one of some other team.
I hope he scores shedloads fo Shrewsbury and comes back and claims a first team spot. I think there's a player there. 

Totally agree Chalkies.

Take away any players biggest attribute and none of them would be professional footballers. What a stupid argument.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 13:29:19 »

If Fodderingham couldn't catch the ball then he wouldn't be a professional player.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:00:36 »

Storey is alright but he doesn't get in ahead of our regular starters and has been said our formation doesn't really play to his strengths .

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:02:14 »

If Fodderingham couldn't catch the ball then he wouldn't be a professional player.

Not true. Phil Smith can't catch a ball and he's been pro for a good 8 years now!
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:25:17 »

Totally agree Chalkies.

Take away any players biggest attribute and none of them would be professional footballers. What a stupid argument.
That's Storey's only attribute. Let's compare him with Ranger, who can do everything.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:29:10 »

That's Storey's only attribute. Let's compare him with Ranger, who can do everything.
I'm sure Storey wouldn't want to do everything Ranger does
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:29:30 »

You can't compare a goalies skill set to a player's one. A goalie has handling, diving, reflexes, speed off his line, kicking, throwing, positioning.... A footballer has about 50.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:30:27 »

Storey is the best striker we have had this century Cool
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 14:31:32 »

If Ranger can do "everything" then why is he playing at league one?

His only attribute eh? That sir is quite frankly, bollocks!

(FWIW I'm not saying Miles is better than Ranger)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: