Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 16807 times)
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 10:37:18 »

Unfortunately I can`t see this being anything other than a home win - hoping Cooper will play both Smith and Ranger but something tells me he won`t - 3-0.  Crying
Don't think he's allowed to play 2 up top, could play one on the wing like he'd do with N'Guessan or Ajose, but neither Ranger or Smith would be any good on the wing.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 11:08:48 »

Every so often football throws up a ludicrous result....like when we won at Charlton in 99/00, we had something like one win in 18 games...Charlton had won 13 on the spin...they were bound for the Prem, us back to Div 3. Steve Cowe...dribbles a weak shot which may or not have been considered "on target", and Kiely possibly expecting something with a bit more oomph, throws it into his goal.

OK, us winning at Walsall, isn't quite that unlikely, but not far off.....but it shows it can happen.

I went to the Charlton game on the off chance as my missus at the time had lost her gran who lived nearby so I went to the game as she met with family blah blah......

Epic away result....remember we scored in the opening minutes....cowes shot hit the post and hit the diving kiely and in...Charlton needed a win to go up to the Prem....they battered us...our goal was like a coconut shy.....happy day in a shit, skint season.....

Clems Army!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 11:26:16 »

Don't think he's allowed to play 2 up top, could play one on the wing like he'd do with N'Guessan or Ajose, but neither Ranger or Smith would be any good on the wing.

With two up front I fancy us to get a 2-2 draw. Let's hope Power can persuade Spurs to let us change the formation  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 11:53:13 »

Whatever formation is chosen, you can't escape the basic point that on the rare occasions...3, that we've kept a clean sheet we've got 7 of our 9 away points. We've 1 point from a going a goal down.

A lot of the goals conceded on the road, come from errors or ineptitude at set plays where big defenders score, and there's just no sign of it changing. Therefore, parking the bus although tempting really is pointless, because it's just about inevitable we'll concede anyway. Playing Ranger and Smith together, would make sense from a defensive point of view....I'd also have Louis Thompson in...
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 12:54:20 »

Every so often football throws up a ludicrous result....like when we won at Charlton in 99/00, we had something like one win in 18 games...Charlton had won 13 on the spin...they were bound for the Prem, us back to Div 3. Steve Cowe...dribbles a weak shot which may or not have been considered "on target", and Kiely possibly expecting something with a bit more oomph, throws it into his goal.

OK, us winning at Walsall, isn't quite that unlikely, but not far off.....but it shows it can happen.
Loved this game. They were also after some kind of club record for undefeated run or something.

Hope to be proved wrong but can't see past another 2-0 defeat  Sad
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 13:09:45 »

1-3 Walsall

I come from a land down-under
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 13:14:45 »

Whatever formation is chosen, you can't escape the basic point that on the rare occasions...3, that we've kept a clean sheet we've got 7 of our 9 away points. We've 1 point from a going a goal down.

A lot of the goals conceded on the road, come from errors or ineptitude at set plays where big defenders score, and there's just no sign of it changing. Therefore, parking the bus although tempting really is pointless, because it's just about inevitable we'll concede anyway. Playing Ranger and Smith together, would make sense from a defensive point of view....I'd also have Louis Thompson in...

I don't often agree with you but I do here. It infuriates me that we set up to not lose when it just doesn't work, we can't do it because mistakes are inevitable and we can't defend for shit. It just makes so much more sense to go out and attack. At least then, if we do lose, we've had a go (a la Wolves, where no one seemed to care that we'd actually lost).

Walsall will press us hard and force mistakes so it probably would be ideal to have 5 in midfield. TBF I can't think of a team that will go out there and get a result.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 14:42:30 »

I don't often agree with you but I do here. It infuriates me that we set up to not lose when it just doesn't work, we can't do it because mistakes are inevitable and we can't defend for shit. It just makes so much more sense to go out and attack. At least then, if we do lose, we've had a go (a la Wolves, where no one seemed to care that we'd actually lost).

Walsall will press us hard and force mistakes so it probably would be ideal to have 5 in midfield. TBF I can't think of a team that will go out there and get a result.

I'm sure Cooper will think Walsall are essentially a counter attacking team, and therefore to go gung-ho, will be playing into their hands....so no doubt it will be the cautious approach.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 16:09:51 »

Looking at the forecast and if they are in the same band of rain that is here, I reckon at best it will be a primeval swamp....If it goes ahead!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 16:27:12 »

Looking at the forecast and if they are in the same band of rain that is here, I reckon at best it will be a primeval swamp....If it goes ahead!

Port Vale has gone, and Walsall is also in Staffs. (old money)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 16:28:30 »

Didn't they (Walsall) call it off for a light dusting of snow a few years ago.

Let's hope they have a different groundsman.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 18:52:11 »

Jay Mac and Mason both failed the fitness test and don't play today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 18:54:30 »

Town: Foderingham, Thompson N, Branco, Ward (C), Reckord, Kasim, Luongo, Thompson L, Pritchard, Ranger, Smith

Subs: Belford, Byrne, Harley, Barthram, Barker, Storey, Gladwin

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 18:56:31 »

Blimey, Ranger and Smith both playing. It will be interesting to see what system we use.
fatbasher

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 18:58:07 »

Went past the Bescot this morning on the way to our co.'s annual conference. Eclectic mix of people to mingle with tonight including our colleagues from Poland, Ireland and Italy. Lovely bunch of people had a good laugh with them last year. Might be absent for much of the conversations tonight as i'll be checking in regularly. I'll convert them to the cause if i can even our American colleagues (wonder if they know the Swadlypoopers?).

COYR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: