Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Darts  (Read 3474 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 16:36:13 »

These BBC darts players are fucking horrendous!!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 18:51:38 »

The fact the winner gets to call themselves a "World Champion" is embrassing. I like how crowd are always in silence as they are in awe at players scoring 26 in one visit.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 19:23:46 »

The standard of the BDO players is nothing like as good as the PDC, but I would take the atmosphere at Frimley Green over that at Ally Pally every time.  Ally Pally is basically a giant piss up taking place in a hangar, with 5,000 beer boys all singing football songs and ignoring the darts match taking place up the stage.

Can't blame them really.  They're all shit faced and the action up on stage is a ¼ mile away for most of them, so they can't see it anyway.  While at the Lakeside/Frimley Green, you can actually see people in the crowd watching the darts.  Big difference.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 19:38:50 »

Agree completely with ardiles.
The Ally pally thing has got ridiculous now but the darts is so much better. The shite on the beeb aint worth watching anymore.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 20:37:58 »

The standard of the BDO players is nothing like as good as the PDC, but I would take the atmosphere at Frimley Green over that at Ally Pally every time.  Ally Pally is basically a giant piss up taking place in a hangar, with 5,000 beer boys all singing football songs and ignoring the darts match taking place up the stage.

Can't blame them really.  They're all shit faced and the action up on stage is a ¼ mile away for most of them, so they can't see it anyway.  While at the Lakeside/Frimley Green, you can actually see people in the crowd watching the darts.  Big difference.

Agree with this.  Lakeside is a superb day out, and I'll go back one day...but I have no desire to go to Ally Pally.  The chant of 'Stand up if love the darts' is cringe-worthy.   It'd be like us on Saturday singing 'Ra-ra-ra-ra Football' or somesuch.  Besides which it's the original.  Love it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 23:51:47 »

I like how some of the Sky commentators now refer to former BDO World Champions as 'Lakeside Champions'...no disrespect but calling Mark Webster a world champion is pathetic, the guy is crap and since his move to the PDC it just shows the gulf in class between PDC/BDO. I believe at one stage last year or the year before the PDC tried to buy the BDO for £1 million so there was only one Darts body so to speak.

Been to Ally Pally 3 times and loved every visit, including the atmosphere and watching the darts!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: