Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to publish 'healthy' audit results  (Read 9016 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 07:00:01 »

Town to publish 'healthy' audit results

SWINDON Town officials are confident that the club is in its ‘healthiest financial position for years’ as the Robins prepare to reveal the results of an audit today.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10871118.Town_to_publish__healthy__audit_results/?ref=rss

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 07:34:02 »

Well, this all sounds like good news, and underlines the bit we need to be thankful to Andrew Black for.
--

I'm becoming a grumpy old man. I've no idea why things like this annoy me:

On the field, under the aegis of Lee Power in his capacity as director of football, we have seen a marked improvement in the quality of football
Its subjective. We were in a similar league position when we they came in. We play a different football now at a vastly reduced wage. Lets be thankful that the wage reduction, the real point here.

In any case Reg ain't going to like this Smiley

The motto for the club is ‘Salubritas et Industria’ (healthy and industrious)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 07:55:45 »

Reg ain't the only one. It's not just the club's motto, it's the fucking town's motto for Christ's sake, if you're going to try and use this kind of schtick to tick the "history and tradition" box, you need to get someone to actually check the correct translation, or you just end up looking like an ignorant arse.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 07:57:10 »

Well, this all sounds like good news, and underlines the bit we need to be thankful to Andrew Black for.
--

I'm becoming a grumpy old man. I've no idea why things like this annoy me:
Its subjective. We were in a similar league position when we they came in. We play a different football now at a vastly reduced wage. Lets be thankful that the wage reduction, the real point here.

Reg didn't like it when Latin was introduced to these isles.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:07:34 »

A different audit report would have meant this thread would have been up to 10 pages by now.

The fact that all we have to moan about is the use of the town's motto please me a little.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:17:25 »

If there was nothing to moan about, then the fact there is nothing to moan about, er, would be moaned about.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:19:29 »

Nothing short of a miracle after the PDC era, So lucky, we aren't up shit creek. So thanks must go to all involved in that, from AB to LP, via Jed and Steve.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:28:59 »

A different audit report would have meant this thread would have been up to 10 pages by now.

The fact that all we have to moan about is the use of the town's motto please me a little.
We haven't seen the report yet. Just Shah's summary that it shows everything is wonderful. So there's nothing to comment on as yet.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:30:19 »

Reg ain't the only one. It's not just the club's motto, it's the fucking town's motto for Christ's sake, if you're going to try and use this kind of schtick to tick the "history and tradition" box, you need to get someone to actually check the correct translation, or you just end up looking like an ignorant arse.

I don't get it - what's wrong with her quote ?

It does mean health and industry, it is the clubs motto (as well as the towns) so surely it's a perfectly reasonable thing to say - especially given the good results ?

What am I missing ?

Wise men say........
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:35:12 »

It does mean health and industry, it is the clubs motto (as well as the towns) so surely it's a perfectly reasonable thing to say - especially given the good results ?

What am I missing ?
Health and industry. It's health and industry.

(not healthy and industrious with a luxurious coat)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:39:10 »

It does mean health and industry
It does indeed (although "Good health and hard work" might be a better, if less snappy, translation), but either way it's not "healthy and industrious" which was her quote. As I said, the slightly crass "Hey I get your history and tradition, no really I do" schtick irritates me at the best of times, but if you're going to do it at least get it right. It's a minor quibble but then the whole article is a say-nothing puff piece
kerry red

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:47:47 »

Reg didn't like it when Latin was introduced to these isles.

Yes, I heard he had it out with the local centurion at the time
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 09:51:24 »

Did he have to write it out 100 times before sunrise?  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 10:35:53 »

The motto is hardly accurate these days anyway.

Every time I go to Swindon, 2 of the words I would use to describe the town wouldn't be Health and Industry anyway!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 10:41:23 »

Perhaps Picas et eu would be a better motto then Bobster
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: