Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Froch v Groves  (Read 6220 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 01:13:19 »

I can't believe how that ended, absolute joke.  Great fight up until that point, there has to be a rematch so Groves gets a shot at some justice.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:06:47 »

I can't believe how that ended, absolute joke.  Great fight up until that point, there has to be a rematch so Groves gets a shot at some justice.
For those who didn't watch it (me included), can you expand on thr joke bit (as we don't know what the joke is)?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 10:48:31 »

Froch got the win...Groves I thought was on top in the fight (and on the judges scorecards), he knocked Froch down in round 1! Then Froch started to come back into it from round 6ish? Then round 9 Froch hits a few punches, Groves didn't go down just looked a bit weary, then the cunty ref steps in and stops it! It was a pretty poor decision - here's hoping for a rematch!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 11:29:38 »

It was a complete joke! I have not heard on person say otherwise! The scorecards up until the stoppage were a joke as well! I had groves about 4 up
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 11:51:22 »

Groves did well not to punch the ref out. Ridiculous stoppage.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 12:13:32 by Super Hans » Logged
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 12:04:08 »

I have to agree, although Froch was getting more into it and I could see him knocking Groves out in a round or two.  Either way I couldn't see it going the distance

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 13:51:15 »

Stoppage was early but honestly believe Froch would have knocked him out, dude has a chin like an Avenger. Shame we didn't get a satisfying conclusion but I've seen enough late stoppages do enough damage to not hate an really one.
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 14:25:33 »

Why is Groves regarded as chinny? He was unbeaten so clearly he's never been badly hurt.
DRS

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 14:31:30 »

Exactly DMR an absolute joke. They said 2/3 weeks ago they didn't want that ref for that reason alone
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 16:52:11 »

Why is Groves regarded as chinny? He was unbeaten so clearly he's never been badly hurt.

Kenny Anderson had him in a lot of trouble a few years ago and he's not exactly a huge puncher. Groves was very much in trouble when the fight was stopped, not really enough to stop it but he certainly wasn't enjoying life. I don't really think its Groves being chinny though, just that they were seriously brawling and Froch has the chin of a minor deity, whereas Groves has a decent but not notably ridiculous one.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 16:54:20 »

There's a big difference between not being a big puncher and being chinny though. Manny Pac is a thunderous puncher but he's chinny.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 16:56:50 »

There's a big difference between not being a big puncher and being chinny though. Manny Pac is a thunderous puncher but he's chinny.

Sorry, bad phrasing on my part, I meant Anderson isn't a massive puncher.

Pac used to have one hell of a chin, he's just abused it through the years. Wonder if this fight may do similar to Froch.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 17:17:17 »

I can't believe some of the punches froch was taking! Groves couldn't miss in certain stages
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 17:21:24 »

Froch got the win...Groves I thought was on top in the fight (and on the judges scorecards), he knocked Froch down in round 1! Then Froch started to come back into it from round 6ish? Then round 9 Froch hits a few punches, Groves didn't go down just looked a bit weary, then the cunty ref steps in and stops it! It was a pretty poor decision - here's hoping for a rematch!
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: