Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2013 Accounts  (Read 17030 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:28:42 »

Were people so vociferous when Andrew Black and Sir Martyn Arbib were extremely quiet about their involvement with the club?

Black spent a long time in the shadows before he actually spoke in public.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:28:48 »

#POWEROUT
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:33:08 »

Were people so vociferous when Andrew Black and Sir Martyn Arbib were extremely quiet about their involvement with the club?

Power dosn't have to speak in public....do as Black did and appoint someone like Jeremy Wray to do the talking for you.
Jed talks a good game and has done well i reckon...but you get the feeling he is beginning to feel like the rest of us and saying....any chance of letting me know what your plans are Mr Power.
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:45:56 »

But this transparency is almost going too far.

Qué  Hmmm

Thanks to Samdy for breaking up the original wall of text into a format that's easier to digest. I'd have missed this little gem otherwise.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 21:18:12 »

Difficult to see black in the shadows.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 21:29:29 »

Power dosn't have to speak in public....do as Black did and appoint someone like Jeremy Wray to do the talking for you.
Jed talks a good game and has done well i reckon

Keeping with the spokesman theme and more particularly the Iraqi connection of Andrew Black's last Chairman, Sir William Patey, here would be a good spokesman were he still living:

stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 22:00:05 »

Get the audit done a year after Power and Anderson have had time to get fruity with the excel spreadsheet and I'll supply the a4 paper and ink refills for it faster than you can say 'dodgy abacus'.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 22:07:33 »

So fiddle the accounts and then get auditors, people trained and qualified to examine, analyse and question every single little minutiae, to prove they've not done anything dodgy. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 00:15:36 »

Because they want a set of audited accounts, most likely.

Is it? Would it? Jed admitted the timescales to purchase the club were extremely restrictive which didn't allow thorough due dilligence.

In what way? Surely transparency must be welcomed. I really can't understand why there should be any concern about accounts being audited. You can't hide anything in an audit - quite the opposite actually.

Because it's the only true way that you know the accounts given are true and independently verified. Other clubs don't do it because they're not obliged to under law and because the cost is often prohibitive.

Why? Perhaps having a few prior businesses go up the swanny has made him a bit wary about future business transactions and he's being ultra cautious about what he's committing his money to.

Because it's the auditors job to highlight any inconsistencies and discrepancies. Are you qualified as an auditor?

Probably not, but it would most likely highlight any creditors that haven't been accounted for in previous accounts.

I'm not trying to defend Lee Power at all. I have absolutely no clue as to what his agenda is and why he's involved with out football club. I understand people being suspicious because of our chequered history, but really, questioning the ethics of having an audit done just seems rather... odd.
It just seems when people want transparancy and get it they are still not happy.
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 06:30:14 »

My point being I'd see the audit as more relevant if it actually showed something for a decent period of time with the new brigade in charge. I'd be surprised if Jed and LP are still here in a year.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 09:04:13 »

My point being I'd see the audit as more relevant if it actually showed something for a decent period of time with the new brigade in charge. I'd be surprised if Jed and LP are still here in a year.
A lot of people said Jed et al would be gone by the start of this sesason but they haven't.
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 09:09:36 »

A lot of people said Jed et al would be gone by the start of this sesason but they haven't.

Not I. Most of the original lot have left though. But, I will call at least one of them will be gone before the end of this one. If they are still here I'll stand corrected but I can't see it happening.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 09:50:40 »

Not I. Most of the original lot have left though. But, I will call at least one of them will be gone before the end of this one. If they are still here I'll stand corrected but I can't see it happening.
That's a fair shout.

IMO the accounts will look far better after the takeover, eg. Lower wages, investments (training pitch - if it happens)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 11:49:26 »

Get the audit done a year after Power and Anderson have had time to get fruity with the excel spreadsheet and I'll supply the a4 paper and ink refills for it faster than you can say 'dodgy abacus'.

Seriously? There's being healthily sceptical and then there's just finding excuses to try and hate the new board. I'm not saying they're utterly squeaky clean and are the best we've ever had, but frankly I've yet to see anything that says they're not that's actually believable or not fro  a disgruntled ex-employee with a grudge. Far as I see it, they're doing well for the club in the difficult situation they've come into.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 16:32:14 »

People keep going on about Power running the club and not knowing what his plans are but as far as anyone knows Jed is majority shareholder so how is Power running the show surely it is Jed running the show with Power having a minority shareholidng (if any ?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: