Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2013 Accounts  (Read 17031 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 19:07:01 »

Does anyone know anything about this Steve Anderson that Power has brought on board?

Also after the Notts County game I heard a story about us owing a load of money to Adidas, someone's mentioned it to Sam on Twitter today so wondering has anyone else heard anything about it?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 19:12:54 »

Anderson worked with Power at his company Cre8 according to Sam Morshead
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 19:35:13 »

Does anyone know anything about this Steve Anderson that Power has brought on board?

Also after the Notts County game I heard a story about us owing a load of money to Adidas, someone's mentioned it to Sam on Twitter today so wondering has anyone else heard anything about it?
I heard the Adidas rumour too, no stock coming in until they were paid apparently.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 19:45:59 »

Apparently Mccrory didnt know this new bloke was coming in??
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 19:53:44 »

Isn't the biggest concern the massive fall in the amount of cash the club has. Which could tally with them finding it difficult to pay suppliers.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 19:58:19 by fittons_coaching_badge » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 19:59:40 »

this amounted to a staggering £4,050,000 to sustain the club in Black’s final six months.

Lummy.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:10:59 »

Isn't the biggest concern the massive fall in the amount of cash the club has. Which could tally with them finding it difficult to pay suppliers.

Maybe true, but maybe not.  A balance sheet is a snapshot (in this case, taken at the close of business on May 31st 2013).  Without knowing what the material cashflows were during that period, it's very difficult to know whether the club is/was struggling to meet its commitments.  Entirely possible that there were material cash inflows in the days that followed the balance sheet date.  We don't know.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:11:19 »

It's not a concern in the context that you take it.

The fact it uses the word 'concern' does concern me. If it said we're a going unconcern the I would sweep it under the carpet. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:24:10 »

Everyone will have differing opinions of the old regime, but had they not written off that £10million or so I guess that £4 million deficit would look a lot, lot worse...as The Washbag says those accounts are up to 31st May 2013, and we know the wage bill has been slashed in half, so it'd be good to know or get comments from the board in relation to how we're getting on now. Won't be pressing the panic button, I'm off to The Winchester...

#VivaKenBarlow!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:25:10 »

I've always understood "going concern" to mean a company that has the necessary means to carry on operating for the foreseeable future. In other words it hasn't gone bust. It would be more of a worry if STFC wasn't a going concern.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:26:06 »

Anderson worked with Power at his company Cre8 according to Sam Morshead

Hmmm if we've got cashflow problems then Wonga might help us out like Newcastle.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:27:14 »

Cre8 presumably isn't the Swindon based media studio?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:29:59 »

Everyone will have differing opinions of the old regime, but had they not written off that £10million or so I guess that £4 million deficit would look a lot, lot worse...as The Washbag says those accounts are up to 31st May 2013, and we know the wage bill has been slashed in half, so it'd be good to know or get comments from the board in relation to how we're getting on now. Won't be pressing the panic button, I'm off to The Winchester...

Spot on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:31:08 »

I've always understood "going concern" to mean a company that has the necessary means to carry on operating for the foreseeable future. In other words it hasn't gone bust. It would be more of a worry if STFC wasn't a going concern.

As in "indicate the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt abut the companies ability to continue as a going concern"

That on the face of it sounds worrying. But I speak for a position of ignorance. It may be we have since secured sufficient funds or reduced costs to supersede this. Plus it may be standard jargen which is legal arse covering by the auditor. Si Pie where for art thou.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 20:33:49 »

this amounted to a staggering £4,050,000 to sustain the club in Black’s final six months.
Lummy.

Lummy, indeed!  That would explain why Black wasn't willing to hang on until the end of the season. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: