Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fallon....... contract situation  (Read 1054 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 14, 2005, 09:30:55 »

......always had faith in Fallon.....we need to talk contract extension now...its my understanding that he can walk for free in the summer, which means the Board will accept any offer of money, perhaps even in the next fortnight.

If you're Megson would you rather have Fallon or Dobie /Gareth Taylor.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 14, 2005, 09:41:45 »

I would rather have Fallon from today's game.  I was saying to my Dad that loads of our players deserve contract extensions like Evans,Sean'O,Ifil (in my opinion a good player),Shakes,Smith and Whalley.  I also think Caton should be given a pro contract.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 14, 2005, 10:32:56 »

I was thinking the same.  Fallon yesterday resembled a Parkin at his best, and I don't think I'm over-hyping him.  He did everything that could possibly have been asked of him - even defensive work which at times he has been criticised before, as his height can be a real asset in our own penalty area as well as theirs.

Problem is, our board seem to be very uncommitting and we don't talk contract extensions until the end of the season unless the player is exceptional e.g.: Parkin.  However, Fallon does seem to like it here and I would hope/expect him to favour us over another league one club, but if he keeps playing like that he might just attract the attention of the championship.  He just needs to keep his head on his shoulders and keep interested.
Melksham Red

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 14, 2005, 11:34:33 »

Fallon was man of the match. He's now set a standard, it'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up. To say he's championship level though is bullshit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 14, 2005, 11:37:22 »

Lets hope he re-pays the faith King has shown in him.....we could have easily shipped him out last season....but we didnt plus he was signed mid season.....so will his contract run out mid season?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: