Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yaya Toure and CSKA  (Read 7496 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 09:59:37 »

Now saying that black players should boycott 2018 WC, if authorities do nothing on the racial abuse prevalent in Russia.

Discuss.
Red Jed

« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 10:16:04 »

All Eastern Bloc countries are inherantly racist, and UEFA/FIFA will never change their attitudes.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 10:22:11 »

All Eastern Bloc countries are inherantly racist, and UEFA/FIFA will never change their attitudes.
That's alright then.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 10:24:00 »

It shouldn't take a player/club/nation boycott to make UEFA/FIFA take action. Sadly, I'm not sure they'll do anything unless something like that happens.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 10:32:58 »

That's alright then.

Whilst it was somewhat of a sweeping generalisation he's right in that a couple of organisations aren't going to change people's attititude.

I guess the main threat FIFA could dangle out there in front of the Russians is to take the WC off them unless they starting dealing with the issue. Can't see that happening and everyone will probably just have to get on with it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 10:34:08 »

But they are quite happy to take action against the English and Polish FA because of the flares at wembley recently.

Pricks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 10:42:10 »

It's not right. Racism should never be tolerated. But I agree a shift in culture is needed not just a fine/ban from a football authority. It'd be a step in the right direction though.

We've done it as a nation, and not that long ago. Us older members remember the monkey chants and the bananas being thrown on the pitch. It's not wholely gone away, but the overwhelming majority find it wholeheartedly unacceptable. Back then it was more widespread and more ignored.

Until eastern block society catches up it's going to continue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 10:54:29 »

As long as football governing bodies remain corrupt and full of cunts, problems like racism aren't going to go away, because real change will only happen when people in charge aren't bung-ed up.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 10:58:17 »

It's not right. Racism should never be tolerated. But I agree a shift in culture is needed not just a fine/ban from a football authority. It'd be a step in the right direction though.

We've done it as a nation, and not that long ago. Us older members remember the monkey chants and the bananas being thrown on the pitch. It's not wholely gone away, but the overwhelming majority find it wholeheartedly unacceptable. Back then it was more widespread and more ignored.

Until eastern block society catches up it's going to continue.
Granted it isn't as bad here anymore but if you think racism is no longer in this country, you are mistaken. Until we resolve it here we cannot complain about racism anywhere else.

As for Fifa, they don't care. They just follow the ££££££££
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 11:07:22 »

And yet the rights of practising homosexuals in Qatar gets nary a peep. All we hear about re: 2022 is the logistical difficulties in Qatar hosting the event in searing heat. This to me warrants far greater discussion than a few (yet to be proven) monkey chants being directed at a player. Step up to the plate Stephen Fry, or does this not merit your attention, whilst you rally behind the boycott of the upcoming Sochi Winter Olympics. It's all part of an agenda to tar Russia (can I use that word in this context without upsetting sensibilities) as a backward oppressive nation. Weasels like Fry know his paymasters will throw him a nice juicy bone if he takes the Russians to task, just like he rails against Christianity because it's an open target presented to him by his pimps for mockery. There is an agenda at play here.

From Wikipedia-

Prior to 2004, Article 201 of the Penal Code punished sodomy between consenting adults with up to five years imprisonment. Since the 1990s, there have been several reports of this law being enforced against non-citizens.[2]

Since 2004, Article 296 of the current Penal Code (Law 11/2004)[3] stipulate imprisonment between 1 and 3 years for sodomy.

In 1995 an American citizen visiting Qatar was sentenced to six months in prison and 90 lashes for homosexual activity.[4] In the 1990s, Philippine Overseas Employment Administration informed Philippine workers that gay workers were prohibited in Qatar. This was in response to several mass arrests and deportations of Philippine workers in Qatar, for homosexuality.[5]

Qatar's record on LGBT rights became a source of debate again, with gay rights groups criticizing FIFA for choosing to host the event in a country where male homosexuality is illegal.[6] Richard de Mos, a member of the Dutch Parliament for the Freedom Party (PVV), has proposed that the Dutch football team play in pink, instead of the country's national colour, orange, to protest the gay rights situation in Qatar.[7]

In 2013, it was announced that all Gulf Cooperative Countries had agreed to establish some form of, yet unknown, testing in order to ban gay foreigner from entering any of the countries. [2]
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 11:24:33 »

So Stephen Fry is a weasel because he dares to stand up to homophobes and homophobia in general?

Are you saying that Russia is not a backwards, oppressive nation?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 11:35:08 »

I'm going to stick my investigative hat on here and venture a guess that when Sub-Saharan footballing nations visit the likes of Egypt, Algeria and Morroco in qualifying matches that they face a constant onslaught of racist abuse. This never gets aired because it threatens to shatter the utter misnomer that racism is the preserve of Europeans. It's rather like the morons who garner front page headlines for spewing racist invective on a tube train against fellow passengers - these rare occurences are treated like it's indicative of non-white people having to run a daily gauntlet of vile abuse. The propelling of these incidents into the mainstream press serves an agenda- obfuscating a rational debate about mass immigration and its pros and cons, corralling people into being shit scared about expressing well grounded opinions about the demographic tumult this nation is confronted with.

It is telling that, and I understand that youtube is replete with such instances, that zealously expressed anti-white sentiment spewed on public transport doesn't result in a campaign to identify the perpetrator.

Seems to me people are conditioned into paying lip service at every given opportunity to multi-culturalism and perpetuating this myth that racism as espoused by white people is rife in the UK, thereby bolstering their credentials as a non-prejudiced individual. It's the new religion.

« Last Edit: Friday, October 25, 2013, 11:38:23 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 11:36:21 »

So Stephen Fry is a weasel because he dares to stand up to homophobes and homophobia in general?

Are you saying that Russia is not a backwards, oppressive nation?

My point is, Qatar seems to have escaped his homophobic exposing radar. Castigating Russia keeps the pay cheques flowing for Mr Fry.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 11:39:42 »

I'm going to stick my investigative hat on here and venture a guess that when Sub-Saharan footballing nations visit the likes of Egypt, Algeria and Morroco in qualifying matches that they face a constant onslaught of racist abuse. This never gets aired because it threatens to shatter the utter misnomer that racism is the preserve of Europeans. It's rather like the morons who garner front page headlines for spewing racist invective on a tube train against fellow passengers - these rare occurences are treated like it's indicative of non-white people having to run a daily gauntlet of vile abuse. The propelling of these incidents into the mainstream press serves an agenda- obfuscating a rational debate about mass immigration and its pros and cons, corralling people into being shit scared about expressing well grounded opinions about the demographic tumult this nation is confronted with.

It is telling that, and I understand that youtube is replete with such instances, that zealously expressed anti-white sentiment spewed on public transport, doesn't result in a campaign to identify the perpetrator.

Seems to me people are conditioned into paying lip service at every given opportunity to multi-culturalism and perpetuating this myth that racism as espoused by white people is rife in the UK, thereby bolstering their credentials as a non-prejudiced individual. It's the new religion.

So not much investigation then... just a guess?

On the second highlighted point are you seriously trying to claim that certain elements of the UK media (I am looking at you Daily Mail) would not cream themselves if they could publish such videos?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 11:41:19 »

My point is, Qatar seems to have escaped his homophobic exposing radar. Castigating Russia keeps the pay cheques flowing for Mr Fry.

Come on then I fancy a good conspiracy... who is paying him for castigating Russia?

Or could it just be that one event is next year whilst the other is not for 9 years, QI doesn't make itself you know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: