Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22004 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #150 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 08:58:17 »

The stats on the BBC page seem to suggest it was plain sailing for us, couldn't hear the first 25 odd mins of the game due to the awful STFC World fuck ups.

Possession 64% Swindon 36% Tranny
Shots 11 Swindon 4 Tranny
On target 5 Swindon 1 Tranny
Corners 5 Swindon 3 Tranny

Interesting stat - Fouls conceded 16 Swindon 9 Tranny

Maybe Jed has a point or are we really that dirty a side?

From the Tranny forum:

Re: Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers Match Discussion Thread
Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 06/10/2013 09:44

From where I was sat:

Defence was solid enough, Ash in particular played well. Ranger is a good player, but we kept him quiet.

Midfield was strange, I was impressed with Ridhalgh. Lowe chased everything but was playing out of position (right wing). Max was up for the battle but offered little creativity.

Sodje was@#$%&up front. He was playing the lone striker, yet if he did win a header he was flicking it on. And on the rare occasion we did get the chance to break he wasn't far enough forward.

In The second half, we had about 65% of procession, yet it was always 1 pass forward, 2 passes back. The midfield didn't look hungry enough as a unit, their was not enough movement, creating spaces.

At the end of the day, the game was dire. We set out for the draw (all 6 available defenders started), yet when we were losing, we didn't change it.
Pretty much sums it up other than the possession(procession) part which is obviously very inaccurate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 09:30:15 »

Dull, boring and tedious...

However , three points on the board.

Tranmeres tactics were....defend deep and snatch a winner and then defend deep and snatch an equaliser.

They were piss poor. Hope for the slave traders yet.

Roll on the JPT...

Clems Army!
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 09:49:57 »

Dull, boring and tedious...

However , three points on the board.

Tranmeres tactics were....defend deep and snatch a winner and then defend deep and snatch an equaliser.

They were piss poor. Hope for the slave traders yet.

Roll on the JPT...

I go along with this assessment - can`t agree with the general praise for Jay Mac though - sitting as I was in the DRS he was on our side for the first half and I thought it interesting that no one passed him the ball. Second he was involved slightly more but man of the match -  don`t think so.
Mason / Harley absence should sort this sort of match out in future games....

Red Army Yes

Bathtime
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 10:13:54 »

64% possession just about sums the game up - but 62% of that was played in a very pedestrian manner!!  The one time we got down the side (JMac in the second half) with a bit of pace the chance opened up for Pritchard who, instead of burying hit it straight into the Arkells!!  From where I sit in the DRS (level with the 6 yard line) it was a penalty (surprised it wasn't a booking as Pritch was about to pull the trigger) and though there was some contact between Wes and their forward it was never a penalty and a definite dive.  Be interesting to see the line-up for Tuesday, expect Wes to be rested and Belford given a game.  I guess the subs bench yesterday will all mostly play as well, Ranger is definitely not fit so he may get a rest - will the Egyptian get a start?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 10:20:22 »

He rarely seems to win the header from a long ball and lets it bounce too often, giving the striker opportunities. I never feel comfortable when he's in a physical battle, unlike Ward. Granted, he's good on the ball, but I think his strength,  positioning, and reading of the game needs serious work.

Ok, thanks. First game I've been to this season so I have nothing else to judge him against really.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
fatbasher

« Reply #155 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 10:23:00 »

sounds like my decision to miss today was a decent one. Plymouth might be a bit more exciting

I wouldn't bank on it...

Saying that I  expect to win.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 11:04:31 »

Plymouth are shocking. Don't expect much excitement from them because if you do, you will be sorely disappointed.

Saw them against Rovers earlier this season, one of the worst games of football I have ever witnessed. 
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #157 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 11:48:39 »

Even the bearded little hobo chap was fairly subdued, nice to see his mates have got him a padded coat for the winter though.

You make this 'joke' every week now. It's wearing thin.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 11:49:59 »

Our yellow friends don't appear to be too happy.

Had a quick scan of their forum and it's very downbeat considering they're near the top still.  Seems the Priory - which used to be the only pub within a short walk of the ground and run by an Oxford fan - has now shut, taking a lot of matchday atmosphere with it.

Makes me shudder to think we might ever go down that path.  Long live the County Ground!  Where it belongs, in the heart of town.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 12:17:27 »

You make this 'joke' every week now. It's wearing thin.
I know. You look like a spaniel now.

(I poke fun because I'm jealous)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 12:28:20 »

If you were sat in Row U of the Arkells, I'll apologise to you now.
No mate, I was in the DRS... and was probably a little harsh, I had a headache and was in a foul mood regardless

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 13:23:56 »

Can't stand it when you get kids in the DRS who have no interest in the match what so ever - there is a family enclosure in the Arkells for a reason. Take the little shits in there. Appreciate it must be hard to control them at the football when they are bored but after paying £25.00 for a ticket the last thing you want is a screaming child kicking your chair for 90 minutes. At least it is expected if you are in the Arkells family part.

Pritchard faded yesterday but was lively to start with - when everyone was passing it around he looked to run at them and won the penalty. Fair enough criticise some of his non displays away from home but we would miss him if he wasn't in the side, has that extra quality.

A painfully boring match but 3 more points in the bag.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 15:08:03 »

How was Byrne yesterday? I'd be a bit miffed if I was Ajose, having scored a couple against City, to fall behind him. That said, I presume Cooper can't squeeze Ranger, N'Guessan, Pritchard and Ajose into a side that may, every now and again, need to defend!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 16:42:10 »

I go along with this assessment - can`t agree with the general praise for Jay Mac though - sitting as I was in the DRS he was on our side for the first half and I thought it interesting that no one passed him the ball. Second he was involved slightly more but man of the match -  don`t think so.

Yeah it was noticeable that despite being in acres of space at times the ball went back inside central rather than to JMac
Thought it odd at the time
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 16:46:27 »

How was Byrne yesterday? I'd be a bit miffed if I was Ajose, having scored a couple against City, to fall behind him. That said, I presume Cooper can't squeeze Ranger, N'Guessan, Pritchard and Ajose into a side that may, every now and again, need to defend!
was ok, nothing special but puts in effort. Thought he was a bit narrow (central) at times. But as mentioned, we seemed intent in passing it through the middle rather than getting it wide.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: