Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NYE  (Read 2478 times)
Boeta

Ignore
NYE
« on: Friday, December 31, 2004, 19:17:54 »

I'm off out pretty soon, have a good one guys. Enjoy sleeping off that hangover tomorrow. Dave and Johno, don't forget your fake ID, guys.
Anonymous

NYE
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 31, 2004, 21:09:53 »

I've only got drunk once and after that fatal night i promised myself never to do it again not after that..... Oops
Johno

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 11:02:36 »

quite a boring night, just played ps2 and watched a film till 5 in the morning and just got up.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 13:05:01 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
I'm off out pretty soon, have a good one guys. Enjoy sleeping off that hangover tomorrow. Dave and Johno, don't forget your fake ID, guys.

Don't need it

I felt quite alright this morning
Boeta

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 14:16:05 »

Just got up, I'm shocked I'm feeling this good. Pretty good night.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 18:48:32 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

yeh... well i forgot it stupidly  Crying
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 19:43:19 »

That was the best new year's eve/new year I've ever had by far. Saw High Contrast and DJ Format and loads more djs in cardiff and just as the clock struck midnight I pulled a very fit girl called Laura,  who lives a couple of streets away from me who strangely was also from Swindon.

I reckon at least 3/4 of the people there were on pills, so it was crazy and still going strong at 4am this morning.

High Contrast was the best dj. Ugly Duckling were playing as well but I missed them 'cos Laura wanted to stay in the drum and bass room but think it was either them or high contrast anyway.

Just a shame we didn't win today but what can you do.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 20:44:12 »

i had a cracking night with peter hook and bernard sumner, they played some really good tracks, including dub and loads of early acid house, got to bed at 7am.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 23:08:14 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
That was the best new year's eve/new year I've ever had by far. Saw High Contrast and DJ Format and loads more djs in cardiff and just as the clock struck midnight I pulled a very fit girl called Laura,  who lives a couple of streets away from me who strangely was also from Swindon.

I reckon at least 3/4 of the people there were on pills, so it was crazy and still going strong at 4am this morning.

High Contrast was the best dj. Ugly Duckling were playing as well but I missed them 'cos Laura wanted to stay in the drum and bass room but think it was either them or high contrast anyway.

Were you on the pills? fair play for pulling.
But I never heard of the DJ's before. Actually I don't know any.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 01:40:39 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"

Were you on the pills? fair play for pulling.
But I never heard of the DJ's before. Actually I don't know any.
I didn't have any pills but most of Laura's mates were on them. They're some of the best dj's in the world for this type of music but probably not your kind of thing. Was a great night.
oxford_fan

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 12:27:51 »

sounds sweet mate, was abdominal with dj format? format's not bad, but it's abdominal that sets his shows off.

amsterdam was top. on nye we walked down to dam square off our faces on mushrooms. there were thousands of people, a stage, music, fireworks. the mushies made it a bit scary in parts but on the whole a fantastic evening. if you ever go to the dam for nye then you must watch out for fireworks, the bloody dutch seem to think they can't harm people and so will set them off in a big crowd, in a random street, outside their shop, throw them out of hotel windows, etc.
yeo

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 13:52:06 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
. if you ever go to the dam for nye then you must watch out for fireworks, the bloody dutch seem to think they can't harm people and so will set them off in a big crowd, in a random street, outside their shop, throw them out of hotel windows, etc.

Cheesy I bet they were miles away from you.

/
W56196272
oxford_fan

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 14:58:55 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
. if you ever go to the dam for nye then you must watch out for fireworks, the bloody dutch seem to think they can't harm people and so will set them off in a big crowd, in a random street, outside their shop, throw them out of hotel windows, etc.

Cheesy I bet they were miles away from you.
nah seriously, they're nuckin futs with them over there.

at about 4pm or so on nye, we were walking down a street when someone threw a firework from a room above us which hit my foot, i moved before it went off. then around midnight it was carnage, there were official firework displays going on in and around dam square but then all of the dutch go and buy feck loads of rockets and other 'works. they set them off from their hands or just put them on the floor and light them. we saw one massive crowd trying to scramble to safety, a car drove over one just as it went off, and also a rocket went down a street - luckily nobody was harmed.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
NYE
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 19:53:07 »

sounds sweet mate, was abdominal with dj format? format's not bad, but it's abdominal that sets his shows off.

amsterdam was top. on nye we walked down to dam square off our faces on mushrooms. there were thousands of people, a stage, music, fireworks. the mushies made it a bit scary in parts but on the whole a fantastic evening. if you ever go to the dam for nye then you must watch out for fireworks, the bloody dutch seem to think they can't harm people and so will set them off in a big crowd, in a random street, outside their shop, throw them out of hotel windows, etc.

I don't think abdominal was there. It was really busy getting between the rooms, the drum n bass room was limited to 250 people when loads more wanted to get in and the other was well over 1000 so I wasn't sure who was playing a lot of the time except for high contrast 'cos it's odvious it is him because he has a huge afro. (His afro has grown since then.), but I'm sure I saw some of Dj format's set.

There was a quality mc in the main room at the end, i shook his hand but I don't know who it was, might have been one of bad company or with adam f.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: