Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Players  (Read 31974 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:18:51 »

Are we likely to see the players we need to get off the wage list out of the club before the closure of the transfer window, which I believe closes the end of August.

Caddis to Millwall for a fee?
Benson on loan to Luton with Luton picking up some of the wage?
Navarro to Sainsburys?

Anyone else? Power said yesterday that we can't get anyone in until we move these players on. Is McEveley one we want to move on as well?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:25:17 »

McEveley has a squad number so I think they may hang on to him for another year or so. Or maybe it's a ploy to try and up our bargaining power for any potential suitors.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:26:09 »

Cox is another one I assume we want to shift
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:27:50 »

McEveley has a squad number so I think they may hang on to him for another year or so. Or maybe it's a ploy to try and up our bargaining power for any potential suitors.

I had a quick look on his twitter last night and it sounds like he is fit, just waiting for an opportunity.

I knew about Cox but he is long term injured so nothing we can do with him at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:33:27 »

Cox is another one I assume we want to shift
I'm not too sure about that, Cox fell out with the Italian, went on loan to Oxford and Plymouth both of whom wanted to buy him - both sets of fans were very impressed - perhaps when he is fit he may get another chance of staking a claim. 
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:35:33 »

Cox picked up an injury at Plymouth thta was going to keep him out for quite a while, think he was expected to miss first few months of the season, still odd he's not been given a squad number though cant be on that high a wage surely
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:38:32 »

I'm not too sure about that, Cox fell out with the Italian, went on loan to Oxford and Plymouth both of whom wanted to buy him - both sets of fans were very impressed - perhaps when he is fit he may get another chance of staking a claim. 
I based my assumption on the fact he hasn't been issued a squad number at all, both McEveley and TAH were injured and weren't expected to be fit for kick-off but were assigned numbers.

Cox seems like an asset we can sell on so that makes me wonder if he'll be on his way too
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:49:28 »

I can't see Caddis moving and I have to say its utter madness that we've exiled him.

If we are paying him a fortune why not play the bugger.  There's no questioning his ability and his value and stock are only going to decline while he's gathering dust.

Same with Benson.  He may not be part of our plans but he's a solid pro and would be a decent option to bring off the bench.  That said if he's off to Luton its irrelevant.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:54:46 »

Not sure if true or not, but I heard that he has said he wont play for us again, his choice.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:59:07 »

I can't see Caddis moving and I have to say its utter madness that we've exiled him.

If we are paying him a fortune why not play the bugger.  There's no questioning his ability and his value and stock are only going to decline while he's gathering dust.

Same with Benson.  He may not be part of our plans but he's a solid pro and would be a decent option to bring off the bench.  That said if he's off to Luton its irrelevant.

I agree, but last time this came up the only explanation that seemed plausible was that they either had:
 1) Too big an appearance/win bonus
 2) A trigger clause that if they reached N appearances they'd get an option of another year.
 3*) The club are heaping pressure on them accepting a move by sending them to Coventry Northampton
4) "Not sure if true or not, but I heard that he has said he wont play for us again, his choice." - as plausible I suppose, blows apart my "professionalism" thoughts!

* I'd imagine this would be a bit dodgy/grounds for a constructive dismissal case?

Either way I can't see Jed's footballing reason being anything like true personally.

Its true we don't want uncommitted players at the club, my problem is that I haven't seen Benson or Caddis be anything other than professional. But I can see an issue would come should they leave in one of the windows (loan, perm) -  we'd then need to bed someone else in to cover.  

Seems a bit of a cutting your nose off situation to me.

Also TAH and McEveley seem to have been frozen out a bit too. Maybe that's not a correct assumption.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:06:07 »

Also TAH and McEveley seem to have been frozen out a bit too. Maybe that's not a correct assumption.

I think that's just fitness, they missed pre-season but we've no reserve team in order for them to gain match fitness. Troy has been on the bench (as our only other CB I suppose) and McEveley has played for the development squad.

Confident they'll feature at some point this season, I'd like to see Troy prove his worth on the pitch.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:27:27 »

Not sure if true or not, but I heard that he has said he wont play for us again, his choice.

Caddis? Any particular reason?

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:28:13 »

I too heard this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 13:29:04 »

Just had a look at the line-up from Saturday and TAH and Mac were both on the bench as unused subs so imagine they are both wanted.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 14:12:33 »

I too heard this.

That should be your 'thingy under your name'

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: