Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37218 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:15:23 »

Number 2 is fine by me.

I don't know if I want him or not as I don't know who else is available to us.

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:18:57 »

With a young small side trying to play passing football we will win some and lose some. The manager really isn't that important and the players we have here are regardless of who that is. Anyone anti Cooper needs to wake the fuck up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:22:17 »

Anyone anti Cooper needs to wake the fuck up.

Why? If they genuinely believe he can't get the best out the kids isn't that a valid viewpoint?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:24:55 »

Develop a fucking sense of perspective, something that has been direly managerng amongst our fanbase for as long as I can recall...

Indeed I have heard a rumour from a reliable source that the tie up with spurs has nothing to do with any relationship between Power and Sherwood.  Instead as spurs fans have a reputation for being whining deluded and getting on the back of their players they were seeking a similar environment for the players to experience in the lower leagues.  

The players are not here for playing experience - just to be shouted at to get it forward.

No idea if it will be Cooper or not,  but if not and it's a name so to speak its going to upset a lot of people who are desperate to portray the puppet manag idea as fact.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:40:52 »

Has anyone commented on Ranger's first touch yet? Only it might give us some clue as the outcome of his court case...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:43:53 »

Why? If they genuinely believe he can't get the best out the kids isn't that a valid viewpoint?

Think arriba means that the die is cast...whoever's coach has got told the style of play, got given the players, so get on with it. Given they're young and inexperienced they're going to have bad days as well as good, so it makes fuck all difference who's boss.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:47:40 »

Can't really comment on much as I wasn't there, but it came as no surprise when the goals came from mistakes from Hall and Byrne. They don't look good enough to me. And in the LB debate, I'd rate our options as McEveley>Smith>Byrne from all the games I've see the 3 play in our colours.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 17:49:07 »

I think McEcerly's strength is in defending. His distribution and forward movement isn't best at times. That's probably why he's not in the team.

I've not been impressed with Byrne. I think he's defensively weaker, sometimes positionally suspect. Yet at times he looks half decent and could improve (being young).

Agree with all this. Jay Mac is a much better defender and that's what I want first and foremost in our defence, attacking ability is almost a bonus.  His experience would be usefull as well given the youth within the starting lineup.

Bryne could very well a usefull asset to the club in the future.

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 18:24:52 »

Think arriba means that the die is cast...whoever's coach has got told the style of play, got given the players, so get on with it. Given they're young and inexperienced they're going to have bad days as well as good, so it makes fuck all difference who's boss.
correct assumption Reginald.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 18:29:27 »

In the 2011-12 season we only managed 3 points out of a possible 15 in the first 5 games....what a shit season that turned out to be.

I mean, we knocked out our rivals in the Capital One Cup (1st Round), Got to the 4th round of the FA Cup having knocked out Premier League opposition, had a day out at Wembley and won the league..

What a fucking shambles that was.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
fatbasher

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 18:53:23 »

Just got back.

Still trying to work out who's who even with a programe. Pritchard looked to lightweight. Williams huffed and puffed. Ward solid as you's expect. Fods same was Ward but really had no chance with the one on ones for the two goals, which should have been three certainly if not four or five. ineffective up front. We'd still be playing now and not socred. Pissing about along the penalty area cost us. They could have kept us in our own half easily for most of the game, in fact we made it even easier by doing just that for them. Ref was as usual a cock.

Good away support, though not very noisey. Piss poor home support. Nile will be an asset when he gets cleared form his impending session with the beak. I understand there is going to be more tranny activity next to warm the cockles of your hearts. Jed mooching around The Brooklands pub before the game giving tit bits tot hose who cared to ask, engage or listen apparently. I'm sure some others will add as I have this from a geeeeezer who sits behind me in the DRS.

Miss the gypsies next week so lets hope we can get back to winning ways.

On a positive note we are on course for 69 points with our 100% home record  Cheesy
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 19:08:35 »

Meh. Gash today. First goal was more down to a shit pass from Kasim if anything. Their clearest chances came from our mistakes, not to say they weren't good value for the win but we gave them a hand

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 19:33:25 »

Just got back. We were dire today.

Tempo was too slow, we lacked creativity and we were awful at the back. I can't think of one player who deserves praise. As previously said, Pritchard seems too lightweight, he wouldn't challeng for anything. Luongo was anonymous and Kasim was poor on the ball. Can't moan too much at Williams as he had no service.

Shrewsbury were still rubbish but they hardly had to get out of first gear today which illustrates how bad we were. Their fans also helped to reiterate my opinion of how deluded they are.

I was positive going to my first game of the season earlier after the positive reports from the start of the season so it was a shame we didn't turn up today. However, we are a young team and we are going to have off days, we need to stick with them as I'm sure there is a good league one side there.
Deptford Grinch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 19:42:40 »

With a young small side trying to play passing football we will win some and lose some. The manager really isn't that important and the players we have here are regardless of who that is. Anyone anti Cooper needs to wake the fuck up.

Thats one of the most ludicrous posts I've seen for a long time. I'm not anti or pro Cooper, simply a town fan who wants to see us be as successful as possible. If it wasn't for Kevin Macdonald Cooper wouldn't even be here - he certainly wasn't a candidate before Macdonald got the job, and he shouldn't be now. Quite frankly, if there's this level of debate going on about whether he is the man for the job, that alone provides me with the answer - he is not.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 20:03:11 »

Well, at least that performance is a reality check for those who wanted Mark Cooper to be given the job off the back of an opening day defeat, a win against a League 2 side who have yet to win a game and shipped three at home to the scum today, and 45 minutes against Stevenage Borough.

A dismal display, devoid of any effort or quality. Not one chance of note - a long ranger from Ryan Harley which was straight at and easily parried by the Shrewsbury 'keeper being the best we could muster.

Lets start with the positive. We may well get a proper manager in as soon as possible after that performance.

Now the negatives, and there are many.

The much discussed 'backline passing' cost us a goal early doors after a pass by Kasim to Hall was intercepted by the impressive Shrewsbury left winger who neatly finished. What followed in the first half was as ineffective display as I have seen for a long time, with us continuing to pass it about around the back and getting nowhere. No attacking threat what so ever, the one rare foray forward ending in a low cross from Harley being easily gathered.

The front three of Pritchard-Williams-Storey were starved of service but Williams was a lazy, moaning bastard who should have been subbed at half time. If Storey wasn't a youngster who has come up through the ranks he would get a much harder time from our fans because, if we are being honest, he is a very, very limited footballer who offered no attacking threat today or last week infact. Pritchard tried to make things happen when he got the ball but failed and went to ground a fair bit without getting anything.

We came out for the second half looking sharper but that didn't last long. The positionaly inept Thompson was found in the middle of nowhere and Wes made a neat save from their winger to keep it 1-0.

First sub, and Louis Thompson replaced Kasim, who looked exactly like a player whose only outings last season were for Luton and Macclesfield Town.

Luongo, last week being touted as a future Premier League player, this week looked like a future conference player. Probably his worst display in a Town shirt. Harley was also poor.

As the half wore on, there were cries of 'Bring On The Rapist'* and we saw Nile 'he'll do you up the arse, and he won't even ask'* Ranger entered the fray for Williams whose number going up was met by cheers from the mainly silent away supporters.

* these were the loudest chants of the day from our fans.

A cock up between Ward and Hall put their striker clean through but he somehow shot wide. We failed to offer anything, Ranger had a few decent touches and when fully fit I reckon he will be a handful.

Now then, lets get onto my favourite player Nathan Byrne. I was staggered we signed him for a fee but in his defence I admitted he was ok at home but shit away. Well, in his first away match since his horror show at Griffin Park, he seemed to have got through it without error.

With the match nearly over,  is then robbed of the ball in our box, and their striker has an easy finish. Absolute liability but unfortunately he is un-dropable.

My thoughts that this side would struggle on the road were confirmed. Shrewsbury are a poor outfit and will be down there. We will cause plenty of sides issues at home but need some more experience and physicality on the road if we are to pick up enough points for the expected promotion charge.

Shrewsbury were chanting 'boring, boring Swindon' - they weren't wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: