Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nile Ranger signs  (Read 101906 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 01:21:02 »

The worst thing about the TEF atm, is that more seem to be prepared to slag off Graham Turner, a man who has a record of keeping lower league football going in the border regions of England for the the last 30+ years, rather than Ranger. You reap what you sow.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 01:30:04 »

LOUD NOISES!!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
kerry red

« Reply #152 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:10:27 »

Still think we need another striker

Pol Pot, anyone?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:22:53 »

What about a Viking? you get pillaging thrown in for free.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:40:03 »

What about a Viking? you get pillaging thrown in for free.

Over to you SY...........
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:44:20 »

Everyone has the ability to exercise their own individual sanction.

If you dont like the idea of Queens Park playing for STFC dont go and watch.

Personally, I cant wait to see the mother-fucker!
Has he done that as well? That wasn't mentioned on Wikipedia Huh?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 06:58:37 »

I'm disappointed. I was expecting a full on meltdown whereas these past 10 pages are all a bit tame really.

Come on TEF. Put in some fucking effort.
Levi lapper

« Reply #157 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:20:45 »

I'm disappointed. I was expecting a full on meltdown whereas these past 10 pages are all a bit tame really.

Come on TEF. Put in some fucking effort.

The litmus  test is basically how would you feel if it was your sister/girlfriend/daughter/ (hopefully not the same person) that was the alledged victim? We would all think it was a terrible that the club were prepared to offer him a contract. But as I assume none of our fans know the woman inquestion, we let it go as we are all basically hypocritical in issues like this.

Most footballers are twats. He is a clearly a premier leauge twat. If he raped someone he will go to prison and rightly so. Never went for the whole "role model" to kids bollocks we hear about players, they are self centred greedy cheats for the most part, nevertheless not the smartest of PR excercises  for our "community club" to sign someone shortly going on trial for rape.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:26:40 »

The worst thing about the TEF atm, is that more seem to be prepared to slag off Graham Turner, a man who has a record of keeping lower league football going in the border regions of England for the the last 30+ years, rather than Ranger. You reap what you sow.

if the worst thing we do is slag off a guy who has slagged us off many times before then we aint doing too badly are we.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:27:49 »

If he ends up coming on as a sub today and scoring the winner i bet turner will go into a rant about the british judicial system
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:34:52 »

The litmus  test is basically how would you feel if it was your sister/girlfriend/daughter/ (hopefully not the same person) that was the alledged victim? We would all think it was a terrible that the club were prepared to offer him a contract. But as I assume none of our fans know the woman inquestion, we let it go as we are all basically hypocritical in issues like this.

Most footballers are twats. He is a clearly a premier leauge twat. If he raped someone he will go to prison and rightly so. Never went for the whole "role model" to kids bollocks we hear about players, they are self centred greedy cheats for the most part, nevertheless not the smartest of PR excercises  for our "community club" to sign someone shortly going on trial for rape.

I think the rape charge is mainly being treated as innocent until proven guilty. Quite right too. IF he gets convicted then he and the club deserve all the shit in the world heaped upon them.

A fair few people have made the assumption the rape charge is the basis for objections in signing him. But it shouldn't be.

It should be an example of one of numerous incidents involving Ranger that have occurred not just once, but multiple times over what seems to be ever since he laced a pair of boots. His past isn't just being a bit of a cock, its far far far worse than that. Jed talks about a second chance, this has to be seventh or eighth.

If he really stays squeaky clean. Turns up to training on time all the time. Has the same work ethic as the others and stays out of trouble then Jed will have got it just about right. We'll see.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:47:32 »

I wish we hadn't signed him.

He has a poor goal scoring record, a (very) bad attitude in his personal life that may be disruptive to the club and an arrogant attitude as a professional footballer (persistently turning up late to training) that won't have been positive to team spirit.

That said, we have signed him.

If he scores goals, does the training, is not convicted and helps STFC with its charity work, I won't give a XXXX about his past.

Good luck son and welcome.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:02:27 »

I think the rape charge is mainly being treated as innocent until proven guilty. Quite right too. IF he gets convicted then he and the club deserve all the shit in the world heaped upon them.

A fair few people have made the assumption the rape charge is the basis for objections in signing him. But it shouldn't be.

It should be an example of one of numerous incidents involving Ranger that have occurred not just once, but multiple times over what seems to be ever since he laced a pair of boots. His past isn't just being a bit of a cock, its far far far worse than that. Jed talks about a second chance, this has to be seventh or eighth.

If he really stays squeaky clean. Turns up to training on time all the time. Has the same work ethic as the others and stays out of trouble then Jed will have got it just about right. We'll see.
I think that's a fair assessment Batch.

WRT the rape charge (there's an awful lot of people playing judge and jury and assuming  'guilty until proven innocent'), all the snippets I've read say it took place in a hotel apart from Wikipedia which says it took place in a hotel room.

If that's the case (i.e she went back to the room of her own free will - why would you do that??), there's an awful lot more to the case than what anyone here knows (and no, I'm not saying she was 'asking for it'). In any event, wherever it took place, there's more to it than any of us can possibly know. I don't agree that the Club should get a load of shit if he's found guilty, they're assuming innocence which is quite right. If he is found guilty then he's gone - end of story.

And yes, this does look like his 6th/7th/8th chance rather than just the 2nd. But maybe, just maybe, he finally realises that he's drinking in the Last Chance Saloon (maybe an unfortunate choice of words given his 'previous') and he's going to sort himself out - it can and does happen. If not, the minute he steps out of line by even a millimeter, the Club presumably can and will cancel his contract.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:03:52 »

I'm the same opinion as redrag, and i'm pretty sure if the club thought it was cast iron he was guilty, they wouldn't have signed him. He's young he's not been clever, most people at some point in their life if they are living on the edge of normal social behaviour have a light bulb moment, hopefully this will be his.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 08:23:01 »

Sorry to pick on your post, but I disagree.

1. Opportunity for club to get good PR trying to reform a bad lad.
2. If he goes down for rape then we lose nothing
3. If he gets suspended sentence we get press for rehab.
4. If he scores lots of goals we do well.
5. If he does 4 then his value increases and we get big sell on.
6. If he's a flop we drop him like a stone & he's out of football

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: