Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 26426 times)
smalltowngypsymassacre

« on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 22:26:19 »

So, that time of year again. Big news today, of course, is Nadal losing in the first round, once again to a slightly sinister looking opponent (see Rosol last year, Soderling in the French 09'). Maybe that's how you get under his skin. Look sinister. Anyway, Nole to cakewalk to the final where he will beat Murray in five, who should beat a (finally) ailing Federrer along the way. As far as the womens goes, you would expect the younger of the Williams Brothers to win it, but really nobody gives a fuck because women's tennis is fucking shit.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 22:45:21 »

Accurate summary there.
Levi lapper

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 04:27:59 »

So, that time of year again. Big news today, of course, is Nadal losing in the first round, once again to a slightly sinister looking opponent (see Rosol last year, Soderling in the French 09'). Maybe that's how you get under his skin. Look sinister. Anyway, Nole to cakewalk to the final where he will beat Murray in five, who should beat a (finally) ailing Federrer along the way. As far as the womens goes, you would expect the younger of the Williams Brothers to win it, but really nobody gives a fuck because women's tennis is fucking shit.
:gay:
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 14:35:53 »

If I may discuss women's tennis, Laura Robson has come back from Erakovic serving for the match to lead 3-0 in the final set. Remarkable bottle for a young Brit.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 1, 2013, 17:24:20 »

Accurate summary chimed Coca Fola but intriguingly not fully borne out. 

For the quarters, we are already down to one past winner and two past finalists in both the Mens and the Womens (Joker and Murray/Berdych - Kvitova and Bartoli/Radzwanka) whilst three unseededs still remain in each.  A weird feel, especially in the men's just as we thought Murray had made it a "top four".

Out are Federer, Nadal and Tsonga and Sharapova, Azarenka and now Williams.  Any TEFer could have won a match with all the withdrawals.   I guess a few might like to offer their physio services for Sharapova or Nadal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 1, 2013, 18:00:01 »

Had a good day on Friday, though the games were all straight sets. Bottled the Twitter request to shout out "I love you Judy" during the Murray match.

A very selected few pics here:

www.batch.me.uk/Wimbledon
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 1, 2013, 18:44:52 »

Looks good Batch.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 1, 2013, 19:06:31 »

Despite Fed and Nadal going out early, I still feel there is a very distinct 'Big four', to some extent at least. Fed was due an early grand slam defeat (36 qfs' in a row, I believe) and will still be feared more than almost anyone at any event. And I don't think Nadal will find it as difficult to transition from clay to grass in the next few years as he did this year. All he has known for the best part of a year is clay thanks to his injuries. But maybe it has become more like two sets of 'Big Twos' rather than one 'Big Four', with Nole and Murray dominating more than Fed and Nadal.

As I rather crudely declared before I have little interest in women's tennis, but nevertheless kept tabs on Laura Robson. I hope she carries on doing this well, even if just to take some of the spotlight, and perhaps some of the pressure, off Murray. Unlike all the other British women I've seen, she actually has a weapon, that forehand is a very good shot.

Murray can beat Nole I think, but he has to trust his attacking instincts. I watched some of the match today, and from what I saw, he seemed to revert to passive tennis at times when he should have seized the initiative. He's the best shotmaker of the top players though, I think. I find him much more interesting to watch than either Nadal or Nole. Loved that curling forehand lob he pulled off today. He's got to attack, and he may be in with a chance if he faces Nole in the final
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 1, 2013, 19:13:04 »

Murray can beat Nole I think, but he has to trust his attacking instincts. I watched some of the match today, and from what I saw, he seemed to revert to passive tennis at times when he should have seized the initiative.

At times, but he rose to his aggressive best occasionally- when he was behind in the second set tie break he was irresistible. Wish he'd do it more.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 1, 2013, 19:34:23 »

At times, but he rose to his aggressive best occasionally- when he was behind in the second set tie break he was irresistible. Wish he'd do it more.

That's the frustration, isn't it? His aggressive tennis is as good as anyone's, yet he inexplicably plays within himself at seemingly inopportune moments. That's the only reason Nole is able to punish him as often as he does in major finals. Murray needs to sock it to 'im!
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 4, 2013, 07:28:02 »

Murray epitomised a 'Big Four' player yesterday. Played really badly, and still found a way to beat an opponent playing really well. Will get smashed by Djokervic if he plays like that though
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 4, 2013, 07:31:00 »

Murray epitomised a 'Big Four' player yesterday. Played really badly, and still found a way to beat an opponent playing really well. Will get smashed by Djokervic if he plays like that though

cant see him beating Djok, but who knows, we've seen a lot of upsets this year. Looking forward to seeing him play the 6ft8in pole Janowicz.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 5, 2013, 14:34:20 »

Anyone watching Del Potro v Djokovic? Absolutely bloody brilliant on both sides, there have been some incredible rallies and it's 1 set all- yes, Djokovic lost a set!

If it wasn't for his injuries Del Potro could easily be the fifth member of the Big 4- if not the very best.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 5, 2013, 14:40:37 »

Anyone watching Del Potro v Djokovic? Absolutely bloody brilliant on both sides, there have been some incredible rallies and it's 1 set all- yes, Djokovic lost a set!

If it wasn't for his injuries Del Potro could easily be the fifth member of the Big 4- if not the very best.

watching snippets of it, del potro just threw away a massive chance to break djok.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 5, 2013, 14:41:36 »

Dont give a fuck who wins but they better smash that Scottish cunt Murray!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: