Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 116141 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 16:27:13 »

Any names in the Villa line-up? Apologies if already mentioned.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 16:28:46 »

Second half was a bit of a non-contest after the third. Tunbull was more assured in the second half, at least I didn't notice him not being. First half he was caught in possession a couple of times but looked reasonable on the ball.

Some nice passing from us throughout. Some of it with purpose. Some of it just to retain possession. Get it forward man was on top form for those bits.

Difficult to gauge how good we look from today though. I did have a slight feeling of a better team being to open us up more. And Villa certainly weren't without chances themself.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 19:20:50 »

My bruv said Di Canio was around? Anybody else see?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 21:37:01 »

Feel like someone should say it so I will. Cheers for the run down Batch. Didn't go so good to hear what you thought of things.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #604 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 21:49:06 »

The guy from flicWilts was more impressed with Turnbull's first half performance than me. I guess we all see things differently.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 22:07:56 »

"Turnbull reminds me of hall, though it's a bit soon to judge him "

Good shout that's exactly what he is like. We desperately need some know how at the back. Ridiculous to go into the season with a back 3 with Branco as the main man. Can see the likes of Kevin Davies and Darius Henderson having a field day against us.Troy is going to be a massive miss back there. Nice to see Williams finally bag a goal and nice finishes from midfield today too. Was impressed with Gladwin today and a real nice  finish from Louis Thomoson too.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Saturday, August 2, 2014, 22:16:03 »

My bruv said Di Canio was around? Anybody else see?

He was fisting the programme sellers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 09:57:04 »

Didn't see Di Canio, thank God, but Sherwood and Les Ferdinand were in the Directors' box, Cooper sat with them in the first half.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #608 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 10:20:19 »

Didn't see Di Canio, thank God, but Sherwood and Les Ferdinand were in the Directors' box, Cooper sat with them in the first half.
Perhaps Sherwood and Ferdinand are the 2 new signings with experience we are after in midfield and striker?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 10:23:36 »

Yeah, I heard that Sir Les and Sherwood were there....I've been thinking about why....which is probably not a good idea.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 19:38:45 »

Power was not present and they are his mates. I can't help but think now that they are out of a job they put pressure on Cooper being there. They made their coaching careers in the juniors though so its likely they are staying on top of that by watching the villa youngsters.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 19:41:35 »

They made their coaching careers in the juniors though so its likely they are staying on top of that by watching the villa youngsters.

And Sherwoods reason for being at the CG V Leeds ??
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 20:03:58 »

I think anyone would agree that having Tim Sherwood as manager would be a good move. Unfair, maybe, on cooper but I think Sherwood did well at spurs and was unlucky to lose his job. He seems to have quite a bit of passion but maybe because he was an ex player.

All ifs buts and maybes though.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 20:18:08 »

I think anyone would agree that having Tim Sherwood as manager would be a good move. Unfair, maybe, on cooper but I think Sherwood did well at spurs and was unlucky to lose his job. He seems to have quite a bit of passion but maybe because he was an ex player.

All ifs buts and maybes though.

I don't agree. Sherwood managed about par for the team that he had.
Also seems a bit of a twat too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #614 on: Sunday, August 3, 2014, 20:40:37 »

I don't agree either. He's done fuck all being a first than manager other than being in the right place at the right time.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: