Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Adam Rooney: Swindon Town striker in contract row with club  (Read 31753 times)
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 17:33:40 »

This worries me how much Roberts, Navarro, Mceverley are also on.

8K seems hell of a lot for a player, I thought was very average and the worst of our strikers most of the year.

comments like the one below on the adver site really pissed me off;
Tough $hit Jed ! You either pay up his contract or pay him to play simple , no different to when Neil Ruddock wad here

Yes he's on a contract it seems, but surely its worth Jed and co, sitting down with the agent and seeing if anything can be negotiated, what to lose.    We don't know the full details, maybe some performance related and Jed can convince him to take a cut or we can't afford to play him.  who knows? but I think its a positive move to try to sort something out rather than just accepting it without trying.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 17:38:44 »

To be fair, Sam Mousehead has said that 8K is full inclusive cost to the club, not singularly player salary.

Not that that excuses it mind.
Is it usual for teams to pay a bunch of non-salary costs for a player though, aside from bonuses and signing on fees? Surely it's not usual to pay living costs?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 17:44:45 »

Dunno. I know if a player is moving a certain distance to a club the club has to pay relocation fees, so I doubt it's beyond the realm of possibility

Things get better but they never get good
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 17:54:17 »

To put that wage in to perspective, the Championship's player of the season, Matej Vydra, looks like joining Watford on a wage of €7500 a week.

Frightening.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:03:15 »

To put that wage in to perspective, the Championship's player of the season, Matej Vydra, looks like joining Watford on a wage of €7500 a week.

Frightening.

Believe me...he aint joining for £7500 a week.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:05:28 »

Believe me...he aint joining for £7500 a week.
A £2 million 5 year deal on a free transfer. He won't stay there for 5 years of course with Prem interest.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:17:58 »

do you have sources at Watford too?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:18:02 »

So why have they waited until now to tackle the issue. Surely they've known about this for months and regardless whether we got promoted or not would never pay that. To leave it until almost June to even contact his agent is a bit incompetent, something just doesn't sit right here with me.....
DRS

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:38:00 »

So why have they waited until now to tackle the issue. Surely they've known about this for months and regardless whether we got promoted or not would never pay that. To leave it until almost June to even contact his agent is a bit incompetent, something just doesn't sit right here with me.....
Of course it doesn't. It is the new board isn't it
Flashheart

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:42:31 »

Quite.

Wray et al do the deal and Jed & Co get the criticism.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:47:58 »

How massively out of kilter is 8K. Sounds a massive amount to me even with agent fees, but total cost to the club would also employers tax contributions, living expenses, pension and whatever else wouldn't mean he's taking that home.

It could still of course be several K a week too much.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:48:58 »

If I were Adam Rooney, I'd also be sticking to my guns for my weekly wage. The old board offered him it, so he's entitled to it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:49:58 »

To put into some perspective, a survey conducted in 2009-10 season found the average championship basic wage was just over £4,000 per week.  Add on bonuses, appearance money, NI conts etc. and allow for inflation in player's wages over that period and the amount quoted for Rooney becomes a reasonable guess at an average fully loaded cost of a championship player today.

The equivalent figure for an average League 1 player was £1,400 per week.

So it looks as though Wray was simply committing to pay championship wages to him, which would always have been way out of the league of affordability for us.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:51:57 by cheltred69 » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:50:35 »

If I were Adam Rooney, I'd also be sticking to my guns for my weekly wage. The old board offered him it, so he's entitled to it.
I've not seen anyone having a go at Rooney for it, only pointing out how absurd the previous board were for offering such a lucrative deal to a bit-part player.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 18:51:04 »

But it's yet again come out in the press as a sensationalised story hasn't it, it's another massive PR own goal. I still can't believe it's only being looked at now, it seems very last minute....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: