Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: London Attack  (Read 16757 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:22:07 »

Yesterday had nothing to do with sharia law, the attackers wanted to shock and be a cartoon villain.

It could have been a nut job with no religious affiliation couldn’t it? Or another non-Islamic extremist terrorist organisation like the IRA. Or a group of young white racists killing a black kid.

Yep. Everything was right for the media to capitalise on this murder. Yet go back to the beginning of the month and this got barely any coverage: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police

It plays into the media's hands to report this, and the shocking footage and horrific hate speech spouting from one of the killer's mouths, shown prime time and repeated multiple times since is utterly, utterly distasteful. It's obvious the killers wanted this, wanted the coverage, wanted to be seen and heard and martyred, otherwise they would have left the scene. The coverage keeps talking about how they 'didn't make attempts to leave the scene' but doesn't put two and two together as to why. By the news covering this in the blanket, disgusting, unsympathetic manner it has done, the killers have won their victory. It's like showing pictures of the killer, of sirens and flashing lights after a school shooting, they're glorifying the events that happened by giving these people a national platform.

It really fucks me off how news outlets behave. The day 24-hour news started is the day any hope of true journalism died.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #166 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:24:03 »

It's like showing pictures of the killer, of sirens and flashing lights after a school shooting, they're glorifying the events that happened by giving these people a national platform.

And the public lapping it up. It's like something out of a Batman film.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:56:12 »

https://twitter.com/nickgriffinmep/status/337519936631095296

I wondered how long it'd take...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:58:06 »

I'm just amused that Nick Griffin follows the BBC, the Guardian and the Independent.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:07:07 »

Some people ask why the hate for Muslims? I think the basic answer is that if I go and kill my neighbour I would not say it was done in the name of Christianity, if they just ran him over and cut his head off it would have 'just' been a shocking murder committed by a couple of nutters.

The fact they justify it through their religious beliefs means people will naturally associate and criticise Muslims in general in the same way if they had been wearing Swindon scarves and the guy had supported Oxford people would be condemning Swindon supporters and branding them all as dangerous.

It's human nature to be wary of things that hurt us - I got bitten by an Alsatian when I was young and it makes me hate all Alsatians but not all Alsatians are bad...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:21:17 »

So you're an expert on Sharia Law then?

Yeah she's Jude Law sister isnt she?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #171 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:22:02 »

Yeah she's Jude Law sister isnt she?

No man likes Jude Law
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:25:54 »

Some people ask why the hate for Muslims? I think the basic answer is that if I go and kill my neighbour I would not say it was done in the name of Christianity.

Yes but thats becauise you are not a nutter isn't it, and if you were a nutter who wanted maximum press coverage then possibly you would say it was religious, as by proven yesterday it gets you all over the media.

I still cannot get my head round what constitutes terrorism, I assume that this lot were part of a wider cell and thus could be termed terriorists and not just nutters.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:36:35 »

That, of course, is the reasonable view. Unfortunately a minority do not recognise any other laws other than Sharia
A miniscule minority at that. The EDL just like to inflate/exaggerate everything that's related to Islam. I never see them come up with proven figures for anything.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #174 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:37:00 »

Except for all the anti terrorism legislation that prevented other attacks like the recent planned Bassett attack you mean.

Or the planned liquid plane bombing attacks.

Or..

The law is there, but it can no more stop all terrorist attacks than it can all nutters that walk through towns shooting people randomly. Some things just can't be detected.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #175 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:37:14 »

Yesterday had nothing to do with sharia law, the attackers wanted to shock and be a cartoon villain.

It could have been a nut job with no religious affiliation couldn’t it? Or another non-Islamic extremist terrorist organisation like the IRA. Or a group of young white racists killing a black kid.

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:40:30 »

]
Yes but thats becauise you are not a nutter isn't it, and if you were a nutter who wanted maximum press coverage then possibly you would say it was religious, as by proven yesterday it gets you all over the media.

I still cannot get my head round what constitutes terrorism, I assume that this lot were part of a wider cell and thus could be termed terriorists and not just nutters.

It's term used for any act that has the intent of placing fear to a wider community than the act itself... What they did wasn't about killing an individual it was about making a statement of intent
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #177 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:43:04 »

There are far more acts of violence committed by the IRA in the UK (Northern Ireland every week) than by Muslim extremists. We can't take any chances so I propose ALL IRISH PEOPLE OUT! They're all the same aren't they?
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:51:39 »

Saw this on Facebook, pretty spot on:
[url width=637 height=653]http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/581917_371075996330599_437141809_n.jpg[/url]
DRS

« Reply #179 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 11:52:23 »

There are far more acts of violence committed by the IRA in the UK (Northern Ireland every week) than by Muslim extremists. We can't take any chances so I propose ALL IRISH PEOPLE OUT! They're all the same aren't they?
Can you be sure of that
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: