Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TheWashbag.com Podcast Episode 12 - An Unsustainable Penalty...  (Read 1123 times)
the washbag

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 18:37:21 »

Listen to the latest episode of TheWashbag.com Swindon Town FC Podcast.

Ron Smith is joined by Sam Morshead – chief sports writer at the Swindon Advertiser – and returning former host Christopher Panks - TeamTalk Fanzone writer.

The three review an eventful play off semi-final tie with Brentford and penalty heartbreak, a brief three word reflection on the season, whether Simon Ferry and the other non-retained players should have been kept, and can Jed McCrory really operate Swindon Town sustainably and be successful at the same time? The podcast includes one of the crappiest STFC quizzes ever for which I apologise…

http://thewashbag.com/2013/05/12/podcast-episode-12-an-unsustainable-penalty/

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-washbag/id513369447

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 19:23:49 »

Listening along now.

Stunned how much budgets in the playoff teams differ.

The figures Sam gives (Tranmere 800k, Yeovil 1.1m, Brentford 2.5m, Swindon 4.5m, Bournemouth/Sheff Utd higher) are more than a little eyebrow raising.

Someone at Tranmere and especially Yeovil needs a massive pat on the back for their efforts on that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 19:30:11 »

Yeah, Sheff U are cost cutting too:

"The manager is pivotal to the challenges we face. It is about creating an identity on and off the pitch, a philosophy and a new culture. The club has to change because it can't continue with the model it has had."

"I don't see this as a major cost-cutting exercise," he added. "Naturally the playing budget will be smaller but I don't know to what extent yet.

"We have been the biggest budget and the second biggest budget in this division in these last two years and we haven't got promoted.

"The club will be looking to do everything it can to get the model right and that might mean some players leaving or being sold.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 20:23:54 »

I thought Brentford's was 5 million?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: