Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Ferry sets sail at the end of an era  (Read 17151 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:18:11 »

You seem to be missing the point that we will have a LARGER budget than most other teams in L1. In some cases, considerably so.
You are very quick to point out when you believe others are posting rumours or made up facts, so what makes you think we will have a (considerably) larger budget than most other teams in L1?

Guess work.
Flashheart

« Reply #61 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:25:14 »

You are very quick to point out when you believe others are posting rumours or made up facts, so what makes you think we will have a (considerably) larger budget than most other teams in L1?

Guess work.

If you read back through this thread you'll see this discussion has already been had.

And yeah it is guesswork pretty much, guesswork based on facts, figures and a little bit of prying. If you have a counter argument that suggests I'm wrong, then show me where I'm wrong..........

Oh, and don't try to put words in my mouth. I didn't say we have a (considerably) larger budget than most. I reckon we have a larger budget than most and it is considerably larger in (some) cases.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:29:08 by Flashheart » Logged
wigglesworth

« Reply #62 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:35:53 »

Releasing our best outfield player is no big loss and a move to build for the future?

I'd take him over Alan McComack every day of the week, he's a better player.

Patently wrong! McCormack is a better asset to our club than Ferry can ever be I'm afraid.

But he doesn't have a funny haircut and swear on facebook, granted.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:40:56 »

Patently wrong! McCormack is a better asset to our club than Ferry can ever be I'm afraid.

But he doesn't have a funny haircut and swear on facebook, granted.

Yes, because that's what I judge him on, his haircut and Facebook.

Nothing to do with his passing, movement and ball retention. Nope give me a player with funny haircut and I'm sorted.

How hoofy have we been without him the middle? How many passes did we string together against Brentford for the first 70 odd minutes, how we'll did we keep possession.

...or are required and important skills like that too subtle for you to notice? Yeah I can do patronising dickhead as well.

wigglesworth

« Reply #64 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:43:03 »

Ferry looks decent with a decent team around him.

McCormack drives a team, he's a leader on and off the pitch. Exactly what the club needs especially since Don Paolo moved on.

No contest for me, all about opinions though innit, chill with the personal insults please.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:48:37 »

You seem to be missing the point that we will have a LARGER budget than most other teams in L1. In some cases, considerably so.

I was never talking about how our budget compared to other teams on a scale from biggest to smallest though.

As this thread has already shown, that's clearly a futile task.

I was pointing out that the figure of £2.4 million might be a misleading number to bandy about too much as representative of what Kmac is working with in the transfer market, accounting for the fact we are stuck with contracted players who are on higher wages than other managers working on that sort of budget would traditionally have to account for.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:59:18 »

As a whole, Alan McCormack in my opinion, simply offers more than Ferry could and/or did and that is in no way suggesting that Ferry was a below average or a poor performer for Swindon Town.

McCormack was forced to play all over the pitch and only in one role did he look a liability. Stick Ferry on the right and fans were kicking up a right stink (1. because he wasn't in the middle and 2. because he wasn't that good at it).

If the club are operating with a view of having a smaller squad then Town need players who can play in various positions?

Until told otherwise, me thinks that we all need to get real about this.
Flashheart

« Reply #67 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:03:00 »

I was never talking about how our budget compared to other teams on a scale from biggest to smallest though.

As this thread has already shown, that's clearly a futile task.

I was pointing out that the figure of £2.4 million might be a misleading number to bandy about too much as representative of what Kmac is working with in the transfer market, accounting for the fact we are stuck with contracted players who are on higher wages than other managers working on that sort of budget would traditionally have to account for.

How much impact do you think the players you mentioned are having on the budget?

Flashheart

« Reply #68 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:06:26 »

As a whole, Alan McCormack in my opinion, simply offers more than Ferry could and/or did and that is in no way suggesting that Ferry was a below average or a poor performer for Swindon Town.

McCormack was forced to play all over the pitch and only in one role did he look a liability. Stick Ferry on the right and fans were kicking up a right stink (1. because he wasn't in the middle and 2. because he wasn't that good at it).

If the club are operating with a view of having a smaller squad then Town need players who can play in various positions?

Until told otherwise, me thinks that we all need to get real about this.

Under the circumstances I reckon McCormack may be our most valuable asset (even if he does have no sale value). It's not just about versatility, we also need a leader.

Except maybe for wes cos good keepers are hard to replace.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:07:29 »

Under the circumstances I reckon McCormack may be our most valuable asset (even if he does have no sale value). It's not just about versatility, we also need a leader.

I agree. I forgot to include the leadership aspect in my point.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:14:19 »

I'll be honest, I though McCormack  was player of the year last year, but has not been great this year. More than adequate, but not great.

But I totally get that him being more versatile and a better role model would be a clincher.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:17:28 »

I'll be honest, I though McCormack was player of the year last year, but has not been great this year. More than adequate, but not great.

Yes and I know it's not your point but you could argue that Ferry was more-or-less in the same category this season too.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:28:58 »

Yes and I know it's not your point but you could argue that Ferry was more-or-less in the same category this season too.

Yeah I guess so, but I think most of the time he played in the middle it was improved with him playing there - not always . I'd say he wasn't adequate on the right though!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:42:48 »

Saw a poster on the underground today that said "Ferry to France, £29". Was going to take a picture and post it up on here under the headline "Ferry heading to France on the cheap" but we've already released him.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:43:17 »

How much impact do you think the players you mentioned are having on the budget?

All estimation based on unknown wages is going to involve some speculation.

But enough to be the difference between being able to keep Ferry, Devera and De Vita for next year, supposing Navarro, McEveley and Roberts were the players we could have released instead (all inferior players in their respective positions to those named in my opinion).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: