Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Ferry sets sail at the end of an era  (Read 17216 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 13:45:55 »

Prutton is coming back.

Ha ha.  But he's so brilliant he'd need to be paid at least £6k a week!!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 13:53:42 »

Prutton is coming back.

Jesus saves!
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:13:15 »

I like the idea that we should have released Alan Mac & extended Ferry so we could sell him thus leaving us without either.

I'm sure the idea of negotiating with Alan Mac is that they want him to stay and act as a role model to the youngsters.  I'm not sure that is a job I would have said Si would have been good at.
He is also able to cover more positions, as we have seen this season.

If money were no option I would loved to have kept both, but that is not the place we are in right now, so I have to think that Alan Mac is probably the right (safe) choice.

Exactly.

Alan Mac's leadership skills and flexibility are likely to be more valuable to us than Ferry's technical ability. Also, whether or not Ferry is worth whatever he is/was being paid is irrelevant. What is relevant is that we can no longer afford to have a squad full of high earners so some sacrifices have to be made. It's tough titty, really.

And some people need to stop over-reacting about the cuts because our budget is still likely to be larger than the majority of other clubs in the division. You'd think we'll be on a shoe-string budget the way some are carrying on. At 2.4m that is simply not the case.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:16:05 by Flashheart » Logged
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:20:32 »

And some people need to stop over-reacting about the cuts because our budget is still likely to be larger than the majority of other clubs in the division. You'd think we'll be on a shoe-string budget the way some are carrying on. At 2.4m that is simply not the case.

This exactly. It's no good comparing what the old board were prepared to fund with what the new board are prepared to fund because the old board clearly weren't prepared to fund a £4.5m playing budget or they would still be here.

..never go back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:26:05 »

Do you have a list of everyone's budget then?
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:31:47 »

Do you have a list of everyone's budget then?

You know I don't have a list, but I do have common sense. We are among the larger clubs in L1 where revenues are concerned and generate revenues that others with much smaller attendances cannot compete with.

Are you trying to suggest that 2.4 mil is a small budget for L1?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:35:57 »

You know I don't have a list, but I do have common sense. We are among the larger clubs in L1 where revenues are concerned and generate revenues that others with much smaller attendances cannot compete with.

Are you trying to suggest that 2.4 mil is a small budget for L1?

No, what I'm trying to suggest is I have no idea how or where a 2.4m budget fits into L1 because I don't have any idea what other clubs budgets are....
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:37:34 »

let's all guess - I'll start
Swindon 2.4 m
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:40:09 »

Yeovil 1m
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:42:28 »

No, what I'm trying to suggest is I have no idea how or where a 2.4m budget fits into L1 because I don't have any idea what other clubs budgets are....

I asked about this on FF. Some replies I got from fans about this season's budget.....

Yeovil = 800k
Walsall = 800k
L orient = 1.4M
Cheterfield are expecting little more than 1.4 M next season.
I've read that dongs had a budget of less than 2M

Of course the bigger clubs such as Sheff U, Wolves, Bristol City, Coventry & Preston will have much larger budgets than ours but still, our budget will be very competitive in comparison to the smaller clubs.
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:48:38 »

Slightly off topic......

I was doing a bit of fishing around with other club's budegts. This season and last Brentford's was 5M, running up a loss of approx 3M/season.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:56:40 »

I asked about this on FF. Some replies I got from fans about this season's budget.....

Yeovil = 800k
Walsall = 800k
L orient = 1.4M
Cheterfield are expecting little more than 1.4 M next season.
I've read that dongs had a budget of less than 2M

Of course the bigger clubs such as Sheff U, Wolves, Bristol City, Coventry & Preston will have much larger budgets than ours but still, our budget will be very competitive in comparison to the smaller clubs.

I've seen the thread. There is always the chance those fans have plucked those numbers out of thin air. Lets be honest a lot of our fans pull most of their information out their arses....
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:58:45 »

With Roberts, Navarro, McEveley, Williams etc. still contracted for another year and drawing a higher wage than equivalent players at other clubs, the reality is next season Kmac will have less to work with financially than the manager of another club who on paper appears to be operating on an identical budget.

That's an important distinction to make when talking about competing with other teams who are superficially on the same budget as us.

Not to say that we can't compete on a lower budget, as Yeovil, Walsall and Leyton Orient have already shown. Just to point out making a direct comparison using a figure of £2.4 million compared to the budgets of other clubs isn't necessarily accurate or fair for showing what Kmac will actually have to work with when building his team for next season.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:02:13 by BruceChatwin » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:01:39 »

I've seen the thread. There is always the chance those fans have plucked those numbers out of thin air. Lets be honest a lot of our fans pull most of their information out their arses....

I saw a tweet from a Yeovil journo that said there's was 1M.

I know those figures won't be exact but even when you give or take a little it indicates that there's much smaller budgets around than ours.

Going by attendances also, and I know that this is not an exact science either and that there are other variables, but we still ranked 5th in the league so it's entirely reasonable that we can pay more than the majority and still break even.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 15:06:03 »

Navarro, McEveley, Williams etc. still contracted for another year and drawing a higher wage than equivalent players at other clubs

How much are these 3 on then?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: