Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Swindon Town to halve playing budget for next season  (Read 44388 times)

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 21:02:42 »

What did you mean by "develop further", more (bad) news to follow? Or the board changing? Or something else?
  I don't know the details. Nobody does yet not even the board as they are struggling apparantly. We didn't get answers as they can't  answer them. It's a mess from what I can gather.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 21:13:06 »

I don't know the details. Nobody does yet not even the board as they are struggling apparantly. We didn't get answers as they can't  answer them. It's a mess from what I can gather.

This is similar to what I heard and posted a number of weeks ago.  I wonder how long it will be before everything comes out in the open? Pressure must be mounting if they really are in the shit?  Worrying times.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 22:04:14 »

Ah OK. Thanks. I think!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 22:44:27 »

Ive always had my worries. What concernes me the most is are this lot ready to sell or are they going to leave us shit creek and have to call in the adminstrators?
iffy

« Reply #154 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 14:43:40 »

This lot have always given the impression of doing the deal only because there was a deal to be done. It's always smelled like there was no money and no plan, just straightforward opportunism to do a deal that gave them a club with a repaired balance sheet and more or less no money down.

I've seen nothing - let alone the lame answers to the fan's questions (which weren't exactly Paxman-level) - to suggest that this isn't the case.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 15:40:59 »

God its quiet on here today.

No news on contracts or owt I guess?

End of season is dull isn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 16:00:50 »

Devera to portsmouth Wink
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #157 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 17:23:01 »

Devera could do a lot better. I really rate Devera and its a shame we couldn't have kept him.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:31:50 »

The are advantages of administration in our current scenario. Somebody with more than a GNVQ in bullshit inside the building would go some way to help, surely.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:43:06 »

The are advantages of administration in our current scenario. Somebody with more than a GNVQ in bullshit inside the building would go some way to help, surely.
As we've been in administration before and are aware of the FL's view that a penalty for entering it again would be worse than a 10 point deduction,  I fail to see any advantage. The current lot appear to be out of their depth, but they have at least bought us some time. How much time and whether it's enough remains to be seen.

It's All Good..............
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 20:34:38 »

Where has all the talk of admin come from? Surely if things were that bad we would have reduced the wage bill even further and put the whole squad up for sale?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 20:40:29 »

Where has all the talk of admin come from? Surely if things were that bad we would have reduced the wage bill even further and put the whole squad up for sale?

Effectively the whole squad is up for sale...insofar as to pay wages over the summer, will need an injection of cash. The problem is there is likely to be little activity before pre-season.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #162 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 20:51:36 »

Andrew Black ‏@bertthebold 1h
My 50th birthday coincides with a possible bid for Betfair - could be the ultimate 'tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life'

So when's he buying the club back? Eat
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 21:06:40 »

Four Championship clubs in for McCormack- that's him gone then!
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, May 13, 2013, 21:08:58 »

Four Championship clubs in for McCormack- that's him gone then!

Really? He struggled in League 1 this year at times, that really surprises me.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: