Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Swindon Town to halve playing budget for next season  (Read 44643 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 16:02:10 »

Used to? Did she get sacked for telling everyone how much the players were on?

No, she got a better paid job elsewhere.  She never discussed it at the time for obvious reasons.  Didn't matter after she and all said players had left.
DMR

« Reply #106 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 16:17:23 »

Didn't matter after she left.

I think you'll find it probably still does
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 16:30:07 »

Brilliant this, I love the guesswork when it comes to player wages.

Keep it up.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #108 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 16:33:29 »

Brilliant this, I love the guesswork when it comes to player wages.

Keep it up.
Courtesy of the most well informed guy on here.
fatbasher

« Reply #109 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 18:47:34 »

However you look at it the new owners have to get things right. You cannot run a club the size of STFC, with the fan base it has like a one man second hand car dealer. 

I will always support the club and attend matches. However, after this coming season my outlay for the family will be in excess of £1k. They have to DELIVER or WE will be down to I occasionally. Now by deliver I mean 1st division football as a minimum. Relegation is not acceptable for me. Won 't stop me attending but I have other priorities demanding my cash.

As far as i'm concerned financial prudence, ah prudence, where have i heard that before Reg, Levi Lapper? I remember, Gordon is a moron Brown lets spend everthing and more so as to fuck the country up an blame the Tories. I digress. However, there has to be ambition, you know a bit like Darwinian survival of the fitest. Treading water means you fall further behind each year. The longer that happens the more likely we are to end up like dare i say Oxford?

Over to you Jed & Co.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 19:05:03 »

However you look at it the new owners have to get things right. You cannot run a club the size of STFC, with the fan base it has like a one man second hand car dealer. 

I will always support the club and attend matches. However, after this coming season my outlay for the family will be in excess of £1k. They have to DELIVER or WE will be down to I occasionally. Now by deliver I mean 1st division football as a minimum. Relegation is not acceptable for me. Won 't stop me attending but I have other priorities demanding my cash.

As far as i'm concerned financial prudence, ah prudence, where have i heard that before Reg, Levi Lapper? I remember, Gordon is a moron Brown lets spend everthing and more so as to fuck the country up an blame the Tories. I digress. However, there has to be ambition, you know a bit like Darwinian survival of the fitest. Treading water means you fall further behind each year. The longer that happens the more likely we are to end up like dare i say Oxford?

Over to you Jed & Co.
Promotion is a minimum for you?
fatbasher

« Reply #111 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 19:17:16 »

No dipshit read the second paragraph again.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 19:18:20 »

I genuinely wasn't sure what you meant by 1st division football, I thought you were talking old money, my misunderstanding.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 19:18:26 »

No dipshit read the second paragraph again.
Reading it once was enough for me.

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #114 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 19:21:08 »

I'd rather have kept Ferry and Devera than any 2 of Williams, Roberts, Navarro or JMac. I'd imagine if we could offload any of the latter 4 then we'd do so.
It will be interesting to see if NateDog or Flint actually sign. I can't see Macca signing. If I was Fods I'd look to go.
I think we're in for a long, hard season on the pitch and with Jed and his contemptuous non answers, lies, bullshit, deception and general slipperiness then its going to be a long season off the pitch as well. Trying to get a straight answer out of him is going to be like nailing a jelly to a wall.  
wigglesworth

« Reply #115 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 19:26:30 »

I genuinely wasn't sure what you meant by 1st division football, I thought you were talking old money, my misunderstanding.

Think he meant third division in old money!
I've never thought of this league as division one. League one at a push but never division one.
 Grin
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 19:27:28 »

Think he meant third division in old money!
I've never thought of this league as division one. League one at a push but never division one.
 Grin
New old money. I don't quite know what to call it. I think of this as D2...
Flashheart

« Reply #117 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 19:31:12 »

The 3rd division.

I keep on having to correct myself when I type L3.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 20:03:09 »

Prudence, where have i heard that before Reg,  I remember, Gordon is a moron

Is the answer...Siouxie and the Banshees and Jilted John on Top of the Pops?

« Last Edit: Friday, May 10, 2013, 20:05:06 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
fatbasher

« Reply #119 on: Saturday, May 11, 2013, 06:25:23 »

Forgiven my son.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: