Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Q&A SPECIAL: Chairman McCrory responds to fan queries  (Read 13604 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 07:31:24 »

Also so answers aren't really thought out. No structure to them, and very little given away. Disappointed.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
kaufman

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 07:34:08 »

Franchise i heard has a 2.5 million wage bill.
Have been trying to find a full list. would be interesting to see.

It's a different model but you only have to look at blackpool in the championship to see it's possible to punch above the salary weight.

Take Ritchie and Caddis off that wage bill and we're a quarter way there i would have thought

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 07:38:16 »

Well, that was illuminating...  Well worth the wait.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 07:43:37 »

It's a different model but you only have to look at blackpool in the championship to see it's possible to punch above the salary weight.

Take Ritchie and Caddis off that wage bill and we're a quarter way there i would have thought

This is sort of interesting although of limited use...

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/10/30/english-football-wages-since-1984-85-301001/
phelpsieboy

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 07:46:50 »

The problem with MK is they have a low wage bill, but go for quality rather than quantity. They have 15 very good and expensive players, but their downfall every year is they get injured and have no strength in depth.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 07:49:29 »

There is nobody willing to cover the losses of the football club, its that simple. As a result wages need to be brought in line. Its not the news i want as a fan but its what has to happen to keep the club going unless a benefactor can be found. We've seen what can happen when a benefactor leaves as well this season!

A self sustaining model is something all lower league clubs need to move to. Lets move on.

Yeovil can do it with a small budget, why can't we!

Also i imagine a a lot of those savings are made just by not having PDC and his back room staff there, wasn't his pay doubled in the summer?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:00:03 »

No great shock...

Im hoping for a season of mid table hopefully after all this bollocks.

The Fire Sale will hurt no doubt, especially when we see good players fucking off to the likes of Bmuff etc.

Clems Army!
REDBUCK

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:02:22 »

With a £2 million pound wage budget we are unlikely to attract players with the quality to get promoted.

Well we had a 4 million on this year and we failed, so your point is
kaufman

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:20:02 »

The problem with MK is they have a low wage bill, but go for quality rather than quantity. They have 15 very good and expensive players, but their downfall every year is they get injured and have no strength in depth.

I imagine apart from 2 or 3 clubs that's the same for all league one teams.

Some big teams coming into the league this next season.
I'm happy to see the start of a new look Swindon and to just worry about football on the pitch for a change.
Be sad to see so many of them go.
I'm just hoping they hold onto Collins and Foderingham, Take up the options on Flint and Ferry (if reports are correct) and then get money for them if bids come in.

If other have to leave so be it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:21:10 »

Well we had a 4 million on this year and we failed, so your point is

It'll be harder to compete at the same level with a smaller budget. Its not rocket science.

Thanks for those that put £2M in perspective. I literally had no idea whether it left us on par with most cubs our size, somewhere underneath where others spend or slightly more.

I'll hate a budget reduction, I think we all will, but there is no other choice right now. Simple as.

What is massively important is Jed really does keep us at an even keel, and does not fuck the club over.

Whilst there is nothing to suggest he will do anything of the sort (to the latter) to say I am underwhelmed by his start is an understatement. Its almost all down to a lack of transparency and lack of communication - except tell 'em what they want to hear on twitter. But that's my opinion, its what they do that counts. Which is why it is important for bodies like the Trust to keep asking, keep watching.

kerry red

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:27:32 »

Brentford's budget this season was reportedly £5m - so a bit more than ourselves.

There must have been so must waste in our £4.5m budget - it might not notice that much, player-wise, next year
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:29:24 »

Morshead seems to think the wage bill will be 2.4M, so close to Dongs then.
iffy

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:37:14 »

The clearest signal that our wage bill is too high was Alan Navarro's picture on twitter of his motor.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:41:01 »

Looks dodgy as fuck like it has from the outset. Doesn't add up I'm afraid. The stuff about youth investment yet wage cutbacks rings alarms bells. How can we have an u21 development squad yet stay inline with clubs in our division with cuts? Clubs in our division don't have u21 squads and operate like us already. The squad would have to be bigger-academy status , etc.

This lot have no idea what they aren't doing imo. All that's time to come back with that? Jeez
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:45:48 by arriba » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 08:45:38 »

Not if the U-21 is also the first team squad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: