Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35012 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 23:00:07 »

The opponent:  Brentford

So, for the 3rd time this season, soon to be the 4th, I find myself putting together a matchday thread with Brentford as the opposition. Now let’s be honest, the build up to this play off campaign has been very low key round about Town. Possibly a sense of disappointment at what could have been? Who knows?  One thing that does become apparent is the fact we have got nothing out of Brentford on the 2 occasions we have met this season. Uwe Rosler has his team set up well, playing crisp passing football, but they will need to bounce back from the disappointment of losing the final automatic promotion spot on the last day of the season. It could go either way. Personally I hope Brentford capitulate within the first 15 minutes, 3-0 down and playing with 10 men, But we are Swindon, and things never seem to go quite as planned, in fact, if this season is anything to go by, there are still a few up’s and down’s to be had over the next 2, potentially 3 games of football. I really am buzzing for this evening, I just hope we throw everything at them and the crowd get behind the lads from the word go. All the talk of what a shambles we would be if we were to make The Championship needs to be put aside for now.

I thought I would take a somewhat irrelevant look at Brentford’s fabulous local rag, The Richmond & Twickenham Times.  It has to be one of the very few papers I have read that make the Adver look even slightly interesting. The most popular items include “Mega rally organised in protest over Heathrow expansion”, “Dyke appointed F.A Chairman” (Clare Balding?) and then this fabulous little story. Think a Tea Cosy, but one that sits on a parking meter.
A colourful crocheted creation intended to put a smile on people’s faces has been removed by parking wardens. Passersby were delighted to see that a parking sign in Bridgeman Road, Teddington, had blossomed into a flower over the Easter weekend after it was decorated by a mystery yarnbomber. But the knitted cover was removed and taken to Teddington police station by a parking warden employed by Richmond Council’s contractor Vinci Park on Tuesday, April 23. A Vinci Park spokesman said the woolly creation was removed by a member of staff due to concerns the colourful creation may obscure parking time information. The council, which promoted the yarnbomb flower on its Twitter feed, has come to the rescue and offered to bail out the street art from behind bars. A council spokesman said: “Richmond Council did not authorise the removal of the knitted sign cover. “We have now spoken to the police to retrieve the cover and will reinstall it on the sign as soon as it arrives.” Thank fuck for that.

What are they saying about us? –

“I am going to the home leg, not the away leg - financial reasons mainly !
I think we will win and hope we get Sheffield United in the Final.

As both teams are less agricultural than Yeovil, and we struggle against the more direct teams.
Saturday was a prime example.

Will be watching on Sky hoping we can get aq goal or two advantage for the home leg”

Read more: http://www.brentford.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2752&posts=12#ixzz2SGuHPpwT

Brentford Last 6 –  DWWDLL (Brentford finished 3rd on 79 points)

The Threat – Once again. Clayton Donaldson will be looking to put another past us. He finished the regular season on 22 goals for The Bees.

An Extra Warm Welcome To – Jonathan Douglas, tosser.

The irrelevant stats –  Brentford are looking to go 5 unbeaten away from home and we are 5 unbeaten at home. Anything likely to give?

Head to Head – Despite the 2 previous victories this season, Brentford still find themselves behind us. In 76 league encounters, we have won 31, drawn 18 and lost 27.

The Odds – Swindon 6/5    Draw 12/5   Brentford 13/5  Do the bookies feel home advantage for the first leg is that important? 13/5 is a reasonable price for today’s visitors baring in mind the 2 results so far this year.

The Son Says – I feel negativity setting in. He is so excited and has to wait for me to get back from work clearing the minging gardens of Swindon before he can really get in to the spirit! He said, “I think we might lose this one Dad”, then when he remembered his prediction appears on The TEF he changed his mind and said 3-0 

The Prediction –  2-0, we will go at them like a horny hound, with goals from Gary Roberts and Adam Rooney. 12’322 in attendance.

And Finally –  Brentford players held a clear-the-air meeting on Monday some 48 hours after Marcello Trotta’s last-gasp penalty miss meant they missed out on the top two. Trotta, on loan from Fulham, hit the bar after insisting he took the kick rather than club captain Kevin O’Connor. “There are no issues in the group,” Rosler insisted. “We needed to come together, address certain things so we don’t carry them with us.” In other words they all hate each other and are ready to implode.

COYR COYR COYR
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 23:04:13 »

Believe...and we'll dick them 2-1!!! A Rooney and Williams with the goals, 12,423 with only 1791 from Brentford. C.O.Y.R!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 23:11:20 »

We need a 2 goal advantage or more in my opinion. 1 goal won't be enough to take back to West London on Monday. Hoping for a Tranmere like home performance where we just blow them away.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 23:12:37 »

I have an unbeaten record this season, which means nothing!!

1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 23:19:38 »

47-0.

Douglas punches the ref just after the whistle blows, and without his stern and not at all jelly-legged leadership, we put a goal past them every 30 seconds.

The return fixture is a boring, humdrum 0-0, and we win at wembley, only for the county ground to fall into a sinkhole uncovered during work to renovate the Town End during the summer, after a multi-billion pound investment led by Jed. The rest of the town of Swindon follows the football club down into the hole, and the area is declared off limits and unsafe for human habitation.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 23:25:01 »

After a week of not really looking foward to this, I'm now really excited now, 3-1 Town infront of 13265.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 23:27:11 »

I am just hoping for a nice early goal to settle the nerves and start messing with the Brentford mind.  Another goal on the hour and we will be a lot more confident tomorrow night

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 00:15:52 »

I'm hoping for a pleasant afternoon, with football to be the winner

Things get better but they never get good
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 05:56:19 »

BBQ at midday, including copious beers, followed by an hour or so in the CGH before falling asleep in the ground and missing a 0-0

Bliss!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 05:59:44 »

47-0.

Douglas punches the ref just after the whistle blows, and without his stern and not at all jelly-legged leadership, we put a goal past them every 30 seconds.

The return fixture is a boring, humdrum 0-0, and we win at wembley, only for the county ground to fall into a sinkhole uncovered during work to renovate the Town End during the summer, after a multi-billion pound investment led by Jed. The rest of the town of Swindon follows the football club down into the hole, and the area is declared off limits and unsafe for human habitation.
seconded
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 06:11:37 »

On my way to Valencia for a stag do, hoping to return on Tuesday to find we're going to Wembley after a 2-1 home win today and a nervy 0-0 on Monday.

C.O.Y.R
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 06:20:46 »

'I've got a bad feeling about this. 2-1 defeat'

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 06:26:16 »

We can do this, we really can. So lets fucking do so.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 06:28:29 »

First leg games are odd.  Half time at full time means everything still up in the air at the end...unless you're lucky enough to leave with a 4 goal advantage.  Pressure is on us to score one or two more than them today.  I don't fear Griffin Park as a venue for the return leg - we've done the business there many times before - so that will do.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 06:59:47 »

Really don't have a clue with this one - depends which of our teams turn up. Very nervous though,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: