Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: McCrory and Murrall meet fans  (Read 8297 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 06:00:08 »

McCrory and Murrall meet fans

SWINDON Town board members rejected claims that they had personally taken £200,000 out of the club in consultancy charges and pledged to holding monthly fans meetings during talks between themselves and representatives of two supporters’ groups last night.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10377334.McCrory_and_Murrall_meet_fans/?ref=rss

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 06:57:53 »

Interesting to read the different tones between the comments of the Suppporters Club and Trust reps, just how closely is the Supporters Club aligned to the club as they do seem a little happy clapperesque
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:20:28 »

Heads buried firmly in the sand by the sounds of it. If McCrory winked her way, that would probably do enough to convince her that he's a good sort.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:23:00 »

The two bodies are there to do different things.  As the name suggests, the Supporters' Club is there to support - raise funds, organise away trips, sell raffle tickets and provide a voice for supporters.  The Trust's remit is all together different.  They are there to challenge and scrutinise the incumbent owners of the Club, ensuring (or seeking to ensure) that decisions are being taken in the best interests of the Club and its supporters.

The meeting last night would have been a more natural territory for the Trust - and you would expect the Trust representatives to be more guarded I suppose.  But both bodies have their purpose.  Ultimately, they both want the Club to succeed...and we're better off for having them both.
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:28:19 »

You do get the impression that those members of the Supporters Club are a bit brown-nosed.

Just so happy to be a part of it they will lap up anything the club puts out.

I still maintain we will only know for sure which way the club is going is when we see which players are leaving and who their replacements are.

If our only playing assets are sold and replaced by free signings we all know what to expect
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:30:49 »

Anyway it provides the trigger for 'Fredi' to put his money where his mouth is, they have denied the £200k so he will need to publish who it was paid to as he suggested he would.

I don't actually doubt him, but we shall see.... Didn't Sam Moosehead say that he had spoken to him, Sam if you are reading this is that likely to lead to an article or something?
kerry red

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:38:04 »

Didn't Fredi say that the £200k was paid to an address that was also the address of one of the directors?

If that is true, and able to be proven so, then it doesn't look for those denying it
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:38:18 »

Anyway it provides the trigger for 'Fredi' to put his money where his mouth is, they have denied the £200k so he will need to publish who it was paid to as he suggested he would.

I quite agree.  Ball was in Jed's court yesterday; now it's back in Fredi's.  If Fredi now goes to ground, we'll know he was on a wind up.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:44:09 »

The two bodies are there to do different things.  As the name suggests, the Supporters' Club is there to support - raise funds, organise away trips, sell raffle tickets and provide a voice for supporters.  The Trust's remit is all together different.  They are there to challenge and scrutinise the incumbent owners of the Club, ensuring (or seeking to ensure) that decisions are being taken in the best interests of the Club and its supporters.

The meeting last night would have been a more natural territory for the Trust - and you would expect the Trust representatives to be more guarded I suppose.  But both bodies have their purpose.  Ultimately, they both want the Club to succeed...and we're better off for having them both.
The criticism of the supporters club is entirely unfair and Ardiles sums it up perfectly.

They have always been apolitical for as long as I can recall.
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:55:52 »

I don't actually doubt him, but we shall see.... Didn't Sam Moosehead say that he had spoken to him, Sam if you are reading this is that likely to lead to an article or something?

I asked Sam about whether or not 'fredi' had evidence and Sam's reply was that he (Sam) didn't know.

If there was evidence then one would have thought it would have been presented by now, especially considering last night was the perfect opportunity to have it revealed.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 07:59:57 »

I asked Sam about whether or not 'fredi' had evidence and Sam's reply was that he (Sam) didn't know.

If there was evidence then one would have thought it would have been presented by now, especially considering last night was the perfect opportunity to have it revealed.
Whoever fredi is then he or she has had ample opportunity to provide the evidence and not just last night.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 08:33:18 »

Might not be as simple as that,providing evidence could involve putting someones job at risk?

/
W56196272
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 08:36:41 »

disgruntled employee/ex employee is my bet
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 08:36:56 »

He wasn't concerned about putting anybody's job at risk when the allegations were made on a very public forum.
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 08:39:15 »

disgruntled employee/ex employee is my bet

That's my bet as well.

Somebody that is not actually privvy to information but is close enough to get snippets from which they create their own version of events.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: