Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's right with football?  (Read 622034 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1455 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 15:46:02 »

The purists?

What are you talking about? What do you mean by 'purist'?

And it's still a terrible idea regardless.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1456 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 15:51:04 »

That Lee Power is no longer at my club.

Can someone set it that we never have to see that name again, I quite liked Pee Lower 😂
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1457 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 15:52:44 »

The experts claiming that heading is bad for you. I never said that I tnought a soft ball was a good idea but the folk meddling may in time go down that route as it would be better than wearing a helmet

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1458 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 17:52:08 »

The skill level is going to adapt over time to "street football" levels. Especially when playing with an "air floater". Pro players will all claim to be the new Roberto Carlos but it'll be all down to the physics of the 99p-ball-in-a-net-from-Hunstanton-seafront.

Man some of the goals I scored with one of those. In off the imaginary upright too, about 4ft above the jumper/brick/some kid, playing the role of post. Arguing with the rest of your street football playing mates and teammates, for "next goal winner" was a controversial banana whipped effort straight from defence. It was heading straight as you like toward the moaning bastard of a neighbour's (who you all thought was weird/scared of but really was probably just pissed off at us kids spoiling his so called peaceful retirement) precious variety of roses. Which would mean end of the match, end of the ball, end of the roses and likely the end of a kids life! Yet just at the point of inevitable impact the floating wonder took a huge swerve to the left, a la Carlos and hooked back in from 20ft away.

Everyone on the winning team goes nuts, the losing team tries to trip up a few players and then when nearly everyone has buggared off home for their tea, maybe a couple left have a "quick" game of Curby - first to ten of, of course. Wary of the remaining potential for a walloping from the nearby neighbour...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1459 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 17:54:49 »

Good summary Boo and similar to what I was saying how the game may change but got shot down for it

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1460 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 18:10:35 »

Good summary Boo and similar to what I was saying how the game may change but got shot down for it

Fucking hell you don’t half feel sorry for yourself, I would hardly say you were shot down.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1461 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 18:11:48 »

We see things differently

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1462 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 18:11:58 »

Jumpers for goalposts, now we are talking.  They'd be much softer and avoid injuries.

https://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/goals/

I love the fact that for 20 years or so the game was played properly without any crossbars, let alone the net.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1463 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 13:24:33 »

A. Villa waiving their 45% of the gate money from the 5000 odd gate at last nights game with Barrow.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1464 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 15:28:13 »

Hunk

« Reply #1465 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 16:47:55 »

What the fucking fuck has she done to her face?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1466 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 16:51:53 »

What the fucking fuck has she done to her face?

What hasn't she done more to the point?

I'll never really understand the fascination with people that want to fuck around altering their faces to such an extent that they end up looking like some kind of odd Spitting Image puppet. I'm willing to bet if Amanda Stavely hadn't fucked about with her face so much, she'd probably look quite attractive, instead she looks like she's appeared on Shooting Stars and been whacked about with the big frying pan.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1467 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 17:18:37 »

When the World Cup is on in Guitar next November(?) will all fixtures be off in England or just as it is now for the qualifiers?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1468 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 17:24:54 »

What hasn't she done more to the point?

I'll never really understand the fascination with people that want to fuck around altering their faces to such an extent that they end up looking like some kind of odd Spitting Image puppet. I'm willing to bet if Amanda Stavely hadn't fucked about with her face so much, she'd probably look quite attractive, instead she looks like she's appeared on Shooting Stars and been whacked about with the big frying pan.

Born in beautiful bush, then climbed the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1469 on: Saturday, October 16, 2021, 18:42:40 »

https://twitter.com/BBCSPORTNI/status/1449439816953868291

Just imagine this being your club. I'm sure a few were tempted last season mind!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: