Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526031 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1380 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 17:58:15 »

It doesn't matter what we are talking about.

Gut feelings about just about any topic are not reliable. They are often wrong. More often than not. That makes it unwise to act as though they are definitely correct. Being right sometimes does not change that and it does not give people bragging rights. It's akin to bragging that you're a good poker player after getting lucky and winning with a shite hand.

And MANY more people did suspect that Power was shifty but chose not to go diving in acting as though their feelings were definitely right (myself included) People who did not go gobbling off about their gut feelings were not necessarily wrong, many just acknowledged that there was no evidence to prove they were right.

But we've been here before. I'm not going there again.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 18:00:38 »

Impossible
Flashheart

« Reply #1382 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 18:07:48 »

Swinton is now required to issue a “sale notice” to Power.  However, it does not have to do so until 7 days after the expiry of the period in the “offer notice”, i.e. which would mean it must issue the “sale notice” somewhere between 22 June and 13 July.

On receipt of the “sale notice” and the sale price of £250,000, Power must transfer his shares to Axis.

So, 13th of July (or sooner) is the point where Power is obliged to hand over control to Clem?

But even then he could be a dick about it and it might take more court shenanigans for it to happen.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1383 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 18:41:49 »

Where did this lovely nugget come from?

It’s good to get some idea of timeframe, albeit if things go smoothly.

https://truststfc.tv/what-happens-next/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 18:53:54 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 20:12:37 »

Basically he’s painted himself into a corner. The thing is there are ways he can bypass the wet paint but walking over it to the door isn’t one of them. It is now just a question of waiting until the paint has dried for AXIS to help themselves to the goodies. As the options to get out from this corner before it dries is going to cost him a fucking lot of money legally (this is the man who says a) he cannot afford to keep the club going b) the club is insolvent) and time is running out so the longer he stalls the more it will cost him.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 20:45:04 »

Not sticking up for Mr Power but the trust and him have never really got on?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 20:54:47 »

If true, it's probably a good thing they didn't. They may have been less inclined to take the approach they have if they had a better mutual relationship.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 21:22:46 »

Quote from: Sippo
Well, they were proposing a ground purchase with him.

So even if they were sceptical, they were still trying to work with him to move the club forward
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1388 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 21:43:28 »

Well, they were proposing a ground purchase with him.

So even if they were sceptical, they were still trying to work with him to move the club forward

He, on the face of it may have been using them as a stooge to stall his real intentions allegedly.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1389 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 07:23:51 »

He, on the face of it may have been using them as a stooge to stall his real intentions allegedly.
Careful, Flasheart will consider that a gut feeling.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1390 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 07:26:40 »

Careful, Flasheart will consider that a gut feeling.

Let him, be damned.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1391 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 07:30:23 »

Maybe only me who finds this huge news but i have supported this club 35 years and as long as i can remember these guys have never liked to rock the boat and even they have had enough https://stfc-osc.com/latest-news
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 07:40:36 »

Maybe only me who finds this huge news but i have supported this club 35 years and as long as i can remember these guys have never liked to rock the boat and even they have had enough https://stfc-osc.com/latest-news

It does not always pay to rock the boat though, there are certain things that are better of being worked on in the background quietly while keeping up public appearances.

I'm sure it was known a while ago about the going's on but until all ducks were aligned it would have been best to move in the background to line them up.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 07:41:04 »

I think it's well worded to be "we aren't angry, just disappointed"

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 07:45:08 »

I'm happy with the statement this morning from the OSC.

Have also now seen this from the Axis/Standing QC chap. The bit in the penultimate paragraph about Power's possible next step is interesting:

https://www.brickcourt.co.uk/news/detail/chairman-scores-spectacular-own-goal-in-swindon-town-dispute

« Last Edit: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 07:47:26 by Private Fraser » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: