Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526221 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:18:12 »

ha, what Flash said. That's how I interpreted it anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:19:46 »

You'd hope he'd give up and sell up - but I reckon he's too invested in keeping dodgy books away from certain people.

The judge mildly hinted at that. But I agree with you.
Flashheart

« Reply #1277 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:21:12 »

One massive thing I'm not clear on is whether he should now be offering the club to Axis because of the ruling, and what happens if he doesn't.

I don't quite get this bit either.

If It was deemed Axis is entitled to the shares - why wait? Why not order Power to hand over what belongs to somebody else?
Crackity Jones

« Reply #1278 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:22:41 »

Maybe someone from th Trust can confirm that ABLE are now out of the picture. It read like it from the way things have unfolded. It also sounded like Power has no choice but to sell to Axis?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:24:17 »

For those to lazy to click on Pandas link.

Highlights:
Court has decided that Mr Power has agreed to sell all of his shares in Swinton (and therefore STFC) to Axis
The judge has decided that Axis is entitled to purchase these shares.
Court has not today ordered Mr Power to transfer the shares, that will have to be dealt with in a future hearing if Mr Power doesn’t voluntarily transfer the shares
TrustSTFC urge Mr Power to transfer the shares immediately and handover control of the club to Axis
With Mr Power purchasing the debentures and owning these it was highlighted that Mr Power is charging the club interest on the debentures he has bought personally, The interest alone would account to the club paying £170k per year​
The Judge today did not order an immediate sale of Powers shares to Clem Morfuni/Axis, instead he has asked for more evidence to be provided by Mr Power relating to him being able to fund the club until Sept and the full court case. Evidence on this has to be submitted a week Friday (June 25th) with a follow up hearing then probably within a further week. This will allow Axis to request transfer of the club shares again. It should be noted this is completely separate to the pre-emption process
What happened at Court on 15.06.21?
TrustSTFC members attended the Court hearing on 15.06.21. This is a summary of what happened.  TrustSTFC does not have copies of the evidence filed at Court, so this is based on listening to the oral arguments only.
The key outcome is that the Court decided that Power has agreed to transfer all of his shares in STFC to Axis, and Axis is entitled to become the owner of STFC.   The Court has not yet ordered Power to transfer the shares.  That will be considered at a future hearing.   TrustSTFC urges Power to transfer the shares immediately and give Axis control of the club.
Sorry, this is complicated stuff.
First, a recap on the relevant entities.  On paper at least, STFC is owned and controlled by Lee Power.  He has an 85% interest in the club.  However, Michael Standing claims he actually owns 50% of Lee Power’s shares.  That question will be decided at a trial in September.  Axis owns 15% of STFC and wants to become the 100% owner.   Standing will not stand in the way of a sale of STFC to Axis.  Power wants to sell to Able (for reasons that are unclear).
The new legal case: is Axis now entitled to own STFC?
The key dispute between Axis and Power is about “pre-emption rights”.   TrustSTFC has previously published a note explaining what they are and why they are relevant to Swindon Town:  .
In summary, a company called Swinton Reds 20 Limited (“Swinton”) ultimately owns and controls STFC.   As things stand, Power owns 85% of Swinton, and Axis owns 15%.
There is a pre-agreed mechanism for shareholders in Swinton to sell their shares.  Before selling to a third party, they must first offer them for sale to existing shareholders. This means before selling his shares in Swinton to his preferred purchaser (Able) Power must offer them to Axis.  That process starts with Power issuing a document called a Transfer Notice to Swinton.
On 17 May 2021, Power issued a Transfer Notice to Swinton, stating that he intended to sell all of his shares in Swinton to Able for £250,000.   That meant Swinton should have offered all of those shares to Axis.
Instead, Swinton (under Power’s control) issued a notice to Axis saying it was entitled to only 13 out of the 85 shares Power was selling, and the rest would be sold to Able.  If that had happened, Able would own and control STFC and Axis would remain as a minority shareholder only.
Axis says Power is wrong and Swinton must offer it all of the shares he intends to sell to Able.    Axis therefore formally replied to the Transfer Notice confirming that it will buy all of Power’s shares in Swinton at the price stated in the Transfer Notice.
Power says he made a mistake and has tried to revoke the Transfer Notice.   Axis says it is too late as it has agreed to buy his shares, there is nothing left to revoke, and Power must transfer his shares to Axis now. 
In any event, only the directors of Swinton can revoke the notice.  The directors are Power, Steve Anderson and Clem Morfuni.  Power arranged a board meeting on 11 June to decide whether the Transfer Notice should be revoked.    It appears that the directors voted 2-1 to revoke the Transfer Notice
Axis says Power has a conflict of interest and wasn’t entitled to vote anyway so the real score is 1-1 and the notice hasn’t been revoked (but it doesn’t matter as it is too late anyway).
Axis therefore issued a new legal claim asserting that Power is now legally required to transfer all of his shares to it.   At today’s hearing, Axis asked the Court to decide this claim in its favour and require Power to transfer all of its shares to Axis. 
The Judge decided that Axis is right, and that Axis is entitled to all of Power’s shares in Swinton.  Once those shares are transferred, Axis will own and control STFC.
Power is entitled to appeal, which would prolong the uncertainty.
Various other key issues were considered at today’s hearing. 
Can Power sell STFC other than through a sale of shares in Swinton?
This is another key dispute (but is relevant only if Power isn’t required to sell his shares to Axis under the transfer notice he gave to Swinton).
Axis says that the only way that Power is ever allowed to sell STFC is through a sale of shares in Swinton.  If Axis is right, Power can only ever sell through the pre-emption mechanism.  That means Power would always have first to offer his shares to Axis, and Axis could either accept the price offered or buy the shares at a fair price assessed by an accountant. 
Axis asked the Judge for “summary judgment” on this issue, i.e. it has asked the Judge to decide on the basis that this issue is so clear it doesn’t need to wait until trial in September.
The Judge decided that Axis is right.   Again, Power is entitled to seek to appeal that decision.
Should the Court order Power to transfer his shares to Axis now?
Separately from the pre-emption dispute, Axis also asked the Court to transfer Power’s shares in Swinton to Axis now, to safeguard the club.   This application was originally made when Power said the club was hopelessly insolvent.  Axis argued that the only way to safeguard the club (formally, to preserve any value in the shares in the club) was for Axis to take over immediately before all of the disputes were resolved.  It promises to pay all legitimate creditors.
The Judge heard the arguments of both side but decided that it did not have sufficient information on the financial position of the club to justify requiring the shares to be transferred on this basis today.  The hearing of this application was adjourned to a later date.   Power is required to provide evidence of the financial position of the club and how it is to be funded by 25 June 2021.
TrustSTFC strongly encourage Mr Power to now sell his shares to Clem Morfuni and Axis and allow the sale of the club to be completed and allow the football club to move forward.
Hunk

« Reply #1280 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:26:28 »

I’m far from legally minded, but the summary served up by the trust can be read as nothing but damning if you are Lee Power. Seems to me he is out of options and that Axis have got this.

Power has to continue to fund the club until this dispute is resolved. What reasons would he have to continue to do this if it’s a foregone conclusion that he’ll ultimately have to sell to Axis anyway? Can anyone more knowledgable than me play Devil’s advocate and explain what could possibly be in it for him (ie why drag this out until September rather than sell now)?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:30:10 by Hunk » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:28:06 »

Sounds very promising. Power seems to have been hoist the moment he sold Clem his 15% in the first place. Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon enough.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:28:43 »

Quote from: Panda Paws

brilliant

clears up the implications of the ruling nicely.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:30:13 »

Quote from: Quagmire
For those to lazy to click on Pandas link.

totally missed it. thanks
Flashheart

« Reply #1284 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:30:27 »

Can anyone more knowledgable than me play Devil’s advocate and explain what could possibly be in it for him?

My theory is that he's trying to hide dodgy books. Which would explain why he didn't want to sell to AXIS in the first place.

Rumour has it that ABLE are just a front for --- Lee Power. This would mean he wouldn't have to worry about the 'wrong' people knowing what he's been up to, while also vastly reducing what he has to pay to his creditors.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:33:19 »

There is another interesting line from Axis. Upon owning the club they will pay ‘all legitimate’ creditors. Presume they don’t include Power in that.

He must know the game is up. So forgetting all the legal to-ing and fro-ing, just what is the best outcome for Power?

If the sale goes through before the September Standing/Power ownership trial would that void the necessity of that trial? I can’t see how the 2 aren’t interlinked.

Clem buys club- to make it easy say £10m

He agrees that Standing does own 50% of Power’s 85% so he gets £4.25m and the same amount for Power. Surely that’s a decent outcome for Power as he has seemingly put the square root of fuck all of his own money in.

What have I got wrong there?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:35:09 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Hunk

« Reply #1286 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:33:36 »

My theory is that he's trying to hide dodgy books. Which would explain why he didn't want to sell to AXIS in the first place.

Rumour has it that ABLE are just a front for --- Lee Power. This would mean he wouldn't have to worry about the 'wrong' people knowing what he's been up to, while also vastly reducing what he has to pay to his creditors.

That’s the only reason I can think of too.

If there is (haha, if) anything dodgy on the books I’m sure he must be aware that’s come to light anyway when Axis take over in September. I guess you could argue the extra time gives him flex to cover his tracks, but I doubt it’d work and might be more trouble than it’s worth while he continues to fund the club
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:41:05 by Hunk » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #1287 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:33:41 »

In short;

"This decision means Axis (Clem) should get shares and control of the club but we are not sure how long that'll take" as the process has a few different routes to the same outcome from this point
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:38:36 »

But Power still has control of the club for now. Keep up the pressure
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 17:39:07 »

if I was Clem, as soon as I was in the club I would be getting a group forensic accountants in to find where the money has gone.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: