Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 527747 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #855 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 08:51:27 »

How much do we reckon some team in Ireland is valued at
They don't own their own ground, thats owned by the council, similar to us so he has no assets there, any assets would be players/staff so I doubt it would be any more than a couple of hundred grand TBH.

That is unless he has racked up debts there in the same way he has at Swindon which would mean any deal would pay off the debts much like the Able deal and leave a little on top for Power to take away.

Waterford have been struggling financially during lockdown and that was the main reason behind Sheedy and Newell leaving due to very very late payment of wages apparently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 08:54:44 »

They don't own their own ground, thats owned by the council, similar to us so he has no assets there, any assets would be players/staff so I doubt it would be any more than a couple of hundred grand TBH.

That is unless he has racked up debts there in the same way he has at Swindon which would mean any deal would pay off the debts much like the Able deal and leave a little on top for Power to take away.

Waterford have been struggling financially during lockdown and that was the main reason behind Sheedy and Newell leaving due to very very late payment of wages apparently.

Whilst Alan Reynolds (the manager under whom they were successful) left due to a lack of communication and commitment from the owner, combined with the above it all sounds very familiar!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #857 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 08:58:35 »

Whilst Alan Reynolds (the manager under whom they were successful) left due to a lack of communication and commitment from the owner, combined with the above it all sounds very familiar!
It does, a leopard cant change its spots....

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:00:33 »

It begs the question why Power would want so many headaches in his life

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:02:15 »

When I was googling to try and find out anything about that company this popped up....

Does anyone honestly believe that Power was ever worth £45m and if so where did he get that kind of money from?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richest-football-league-clubs-based-13285535
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:03:06 »

There are actually 4 companies of that name, albeit 3 have been dissolved, none of which have any directors matching the name given in the press release!

There is a company called R & S Forrest Holdings Limited, based in Essex, owned by a Richard Forrest and his wife. Could be them. £6m turnover, small profits.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #861 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:04:05 »

Because he is an entrepreneur! fingers and pies etc

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:04:34 »

Horses and property maybe plus does anyone know what business he had in the US as he was always flying to New York pre Covid

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:04:59 »

There is a company called R & S Forrest Holdings Limited, based in Essex, owned by a Richard Forrest and his wife. Could be them. £6m turnover, small profits.

Yep
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:05:25 »

They run nursery schools.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:13:32 »

Looks like the kiddy, albeit its quite the leap to go from owning children's nursery's (which are very lucrative) to owning a football club!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #866 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:17:25 »

Based less than 10 miles from the business premises of a Mr John Curran whos son plays football professionally for some L2 team.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #867 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:17:56 »

The £4m gone missing is some headache isn't it
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:31:30 »

When I was googling to try and find out anything about that company this popped up....

Does anyone honestly believe that Power was ever worth £45m and if so where did he get that kind of money from?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richest-football-league-clubs-based-13285535
This was a quote taken out of context. Remember it originally came from a local news article on owners wealth's and I questioned the journalist where the figure came from as it seemed high and it was from an article in the Irish press with Power about Waterford and he said if he was a player in the modern game he'd be worth £45mn.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #869 on: Friday, June 4, 2021, 09:32:53 »

The £4m gone missing is some headache isn't it
I am sure there will be a perfectly reasonable explanation from our Lee. These things happen all the time. I am forever losing track of what I have taken money out of an account for  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: