Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 528801 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:23:18 »

BBC have released a talk of the town episode on Sounds

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:27:23 »

As Mcgreal named his backroom staff yet?

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:27:57 »

Sheridan, Malpas and Luke Warm
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:29:26 »

What about Kovar as goalkeeping coach

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:32:52 »

Jewell:
- McGreal: Colchester beat us twice in year we got promoted. Thought he did well there
- Thinks he's hungry and has determination to prove some people wrong
- Fowler and Tisdale? It wasnt a quick appointment. Spoke with a number of candidates. Its a vital appointment
- McGeal was keen and hungry. Alot of the candidates were impressed with what we had to stay, but McGreal had the edge. Is moving from his home in Ipswich.
- Player Recruitment: Last year we got it wrong. Jewell said he had health issues and couldnt get as involved as he wanted to last year. That shouldnt be the case this year
- Remembered talking to Wellens last year and said that the year after promotion is often the hardest as you sometime let your heart rule your head (ie Keep players who did well last time)
- Last year we were lacking pace and strength, which we need next year
- Lost 40 goals through Doyle and Yates and then couldn't keep the ball out of the net
- Lacked energy, power and pace to compete.
- We all have to take blame and learn from our mistakes
- Those who got us promoted served us well. We went up a level, but didnt go up a level with our signing
- Year before last our loan players were our best players. Maybe we were a bit blase in the summer. That's why we wanted to prepare early this summer
- Our budget was competitive last year. We were right up to the salary cap. We were 11th biggest last year
- It not always about the amount, it is how you use it
- We underachieved. Recruitment and player signings
- I smelled a rat early on. We had too many similar types of players. Small. We were too easily got at
- Not going to buy 6ft 7in players all over the pitch and boot it in the air
- We were seen as a soft and easy touch. We need to get away from that
- Is recruitment affected by taking hardship fund money? Will that hamper our ability to sign players and a squad? Its not about numbers in the squad its about quality in the squad. We need to replace quality
- McGreal had ideas as to who he wants to sign. He has good knowledge of the level.
- We need to use the loan market well. Year before last year we used the market well. We need to use our contacts.
- Last year it didnt work out. We took players without really doing our homework on them as we were up against the 8 ball. We couldnt get the forward we really wanted as he went somewhere else. (We thought we were going to get him)
- Rather than having our eggs in one basket we need to have options.
- We lost out in our number 1 targets all over the pitch. Either they went somewhere else or their club wouldnt let them go
- L1 and L2 there are very few transfer fees these days. In L2 I'd be surprised if anyone pays a big fee for a player
- Tyler Smith: They (Sheridan) were trying to send him back as they wanted to bring in another striker. Sheff wouldnt take him. Then he got injured. He came, scored a few goals, but it was difficult for him in a struggling team, and he was the victim of changes (Sheridan and co) wanted to make. But that boy will score goals.
- Matt Smith? Sheridan didnt want him to play week in and week out. Arsenal were very good, they didn't state that he had to play every game, but they saw opportunity for him to go to Charlton near the top of the Div so they recalled him
- Sheridan wobble? Sheridan phoned Jewell at home after Gills game. Told him to sleep on it. Sheridan then changed his mind.
- Sheridan was a terrific footballer, had a terrible time off the field with his parents dying, and wasnt dealt a good hand. He was given a poor team to manage. We got what we deserved as the recruitment wasn't right
- We want to put a team out there that will make us proud
- Lessons have to be learned! Not going to say everything will be rosy. We have a young keen manager. The club has had enough bad press. We are trying to turn it around to give the fans something to smile about in the future
- The potential for Swindon in exciting for a lot of people.
- With the manager we now have, he is a breath of fresh air. Thinks supporters will really like him
- Twine, Odimayo and Parsons? We made Twine a good offer. Think he needs another season playing week in and week out. Financially he might do better, but that might not be best for him. There is a lot of interest in him.
- Odimayo: We were going to bring him in and loan him to a Conference club. But he came in and did really well. We want to sign him and develop him further. But dont want to be forced to play him every week
- Clean slate for the manager: All he will get from Jewell is support. Jewell is just a sounding board, not bringing in people for McGreal. He will help McGreal when times are tough.
- Been on the phone far too long to Hodgetts. Really needs to talk to agents and players as the clock really is ticking!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:42:19 »

yeah, a pretty pointless interview other than the claim of 11th biggest budget in the league.

Not sure I blame BBC Wilts, they can only ask Sooty and Power for comment.

Though at the same time they (the beeb) have hardly been proactive on the big issues
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:49:34 »

Seems an awful lot of blather trying to cover up what the real problems were/are.

If we did have the 11th best budget then it shows up even more the pathetic recruitment of players and the inexplicable appointment and non-sacking of Sheridan.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:50:32 »

Strange that Jewell could smell a rat early on and even stranger that Sheriden didn't want to play our best performing player every game

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #758 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 18:03:36 »

To be honest, I would not be surprised if we did have the 11th best budget. I remember people wondering in January just who was funding the transfers.

Reading between the lines, those comments from Jewell seem a tad critical of Wellens to me.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 18:08:26 »

I thought that also
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 19:26:05 »

...but...Wellens had no money!

I mean Jewell is obviously still here and of course he’s going to put on the best spin possible for himself but to me that reads almost like. I did all the transfers the first year when they were good - then I was ill and couldn’t get involved and Wellens signed all the shit.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 19:32:32 »

Jewell essentially blamed everybody but himself and then suggested that he wasn't fully aware of squad based finances... The Director of Football.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 19:36:00 »

What exactly his Jewells role as director of football as he's not supposed to be on the payroll so it would be hard to put the blame on him if he only helps out when the transfer window is open

So, give no fucks
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 19:37:47 »

The guy is going on BBC Wiltshire and talking about the past season, the squad and the future.

He knows.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 19:38:50 »

Any idea when he's on BBC Wilts?

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: