Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526053 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:54:02 »

Yet Power says he wants Clem/Standing to finance another £600,000 this month. God knows what for if it’s true he hasn’t touched the previous £300,000.

Is it possible he stays as Chairman but funded by Able?

Furloughing current players providing some cover.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:16:13 »

Really can't see a game plan except Power is holding the cards where he seems to want the club to fail and the possibly to go up in smoke.

In the short term The longer this mess continues the more difficult it will be in getting a suitable manager and building a team to survive in league 2. Non league football would be a disaster for Swindon.

Mid term Is Power wanting to try and buy the County Ground which he could sell later on. Surely the Council won't sell unless the Trust is involved ?

Or has Power already taken part payment from Able for the club ? Similar to his previous arrangements with Standing and Morfuni.

From here I suggest he has already sold the club to Able or he is in fact Able Huh?

Please help and access me here ?

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:32:48 »

He is legally prevented from selling the club unless it’s to Axis and without the permission of Axis/Standing.

It’s all brinkmanship now. Who will blink first.

Oi. Stop throwing sand in Power’s eyes!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:50:35 »

Cheers for your views

With the FA issues pending as well as

How do you feel this situation will end ? 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #679 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 11:55:44 »

Cheers for your views

With the FA issues pending as well as

How do you feel this situation will end ? 

I have a feeling that the FA charge will hang around for months if not years to come, they don't do anything quickly it seems.

Also I think a lot will depend on if Power still legally owns/part owns the club after the court case has been finalised, which could possibly be October if there is no resolution on 17th June as the EFL/FA have asked for reports of yesterday case so they can study it in more detail.

Just a feeling but I don't think the FA charge will come to a head for a fair while yet.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #680 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:23:47 »

Do any of yopu know if appearance fees play into salary caps at all. I know a few years ago they didn't, did that change?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #681 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:30:54 »

Do any of yopu know if appearance fees play into salary caps at all. I know a few years ago they didn't, did that change?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/efl-salary-cap-explained-how-portsmouth-might-be-impacted-wage-limits-squad-numbers-and-transfer-fees-2913567

All bonuses except for promotion will be included in the salary cap.

It means clubs aren’t able to find a loophole in the rules by topping up wages via lucrative add-ons for the likes of appearances, goals and clean sheets.

Signing-on fees and relocation fees are also to be part of the limit.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:46:18 »

Have they sacked off the salary cap now or is it still enforced?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:46:25 »

As its beyond my area, is it like planning insofar as you can appeal if you think there has been an error in law, but not if you just don't like the conclusion?

Generally speaking, the original decision has to be wrong (judge got the law wrong or didn't exercise their discretion properly) or there was some form of procedural irregularity/cock up.  Being on the losing side and thinking you should have won isn't sufficient.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #684 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 12:48:02 »

Have they sacked off the salary cap now or is it still enforced?
AFAIK its been binned.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 13:14:24 »

Quote from: JBZ
Generally speaking, the original decision has to be wrong (judge got the law wrong or didn't exercise their discretion properly) or there was some form of procedural irregularity/cock up.  Being on the losing side and thinking you should have won isn't sufficient.

cheers.

assuming it did get that far, does Power still control the club through until the appeal ?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:44:57 »

I noticed the judge eased a previous injunction - stated Power could sell subject to pre-emption rights - is that basically saying Standing can make a bid and not have to get approval from Axis?  It goes on to enable Axis to make a bid in private with Power that can be accepted as well I think.  Basically suggests Morfuni and Standing are both in agreement either can have it, I assume Standing not being interested really and has some sort of agreement around his share with Morfuni in place already.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #687 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:47:14 »

I noticed the judge eased a previous injunction - stated Power could sell subject to pre-emption rights - is that basically saying Standing can make a bid and not have to get approval from Axis?  It goes on to enable Axis to make a bid in private with Power that can be accepted as well I think.  Basically suggests Morfuni and Standing are both in agreement either can have it, I assume Standing not being interested really and has some sort of agreement around his share with Morfuni in place already.
These are the things i would love to know. Despite public court cases are we any of the wiser really?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:47:48 »

Never thought of it like that. I presume Power has a bee in his bonnet with both Clem and Standing individually so I can’t see him selling to either unless forced.

Standing just wants his money back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 14:53:14 »

Never thought of it like that. I presume Power has a bee in his bonnet with both Clem and Standing individually so I can’t see him selling to either unless forced.

Standing just wants his money back.

Isn't Powers claim that Barry owns the shares in Trust (I don't think he has ever denied that someone gave him the cash, the contentious issue is whether its Standing or Barry), could Standing/Axis just club together and work through Barry anyway, especially as there is no conflict now as Barry has retired?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: