Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526063 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:26:18 »

I don't think the reasons were repeated during the session, but the judge did say they were not convincing.

This bit fried my brain also. Surely he doesn't get to say he can run it AND request that other people pay for it. I must have missed something because I don't see how he (Power) could get away with it otherwise.

I think what we are seeing here is a bloke scrabbling around to try and get his own way (or at least least damaging outcome (financially/legally)) whilst a rope slowly tightens, lots of hens coming home to roost and only real hope is to muddy the waters so much that other side decide its not worth their while to keep up stacking up the legals and agree to settle in some manner.

I remain pretty convinced that Standing/Axis are pretty darn sure they are going to win and get the majority of their legals paid as whilst I didn't see yesterday, previous events and reports seemed to suggest there was quite a gap in the quality of case (And presentation) between the two sides.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:29:45 »

This bit fried my brain also. Surely he doesn't get to say he can run it AND request that other people pay for it. I must have missed something because I don't see how he (Power) could get away with it otherwise.

I'd understand it if there was a genuine desire to sell to Axis, and this bridged the negotiations.

This just seems like a way to divert cash from Clem's pocket.
==========================
I don't want to renew my STs as things stand. But if Power does fund the club, will this mean that the shortfall will end up being owed to him anyway? Its a tough one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:31:09 »

I didn't see yesterday, previous events and reports seemed to suggest there was quite a gap in the quality of case (And presentation) between the two sides.

From what I saw Power's representative was very competent, but you can't polish a turd.
Flashheart

« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:35:01 »

From what I saw Power's representative was very competent, but you can't polish a turd.

Reasonably fit as well...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:42:30 »

That's kind of what I mean, I know from experience of Planning Inquiries often when a side know they have a very strong case and the other side have acted unreasonably they will fling cash at the case as they know the loser will foot the bill.

I remember once the Council turned down a planning application (against Officer recommendation) and the appellant used a top planning QC from that London (this was in West Cumbria we never normally saw things like that) and flew in a poultry expert from France as he knew they had a very strong case. Council ended up getting clobbered for £30k+ (a lot for a council).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:44:08 »

Reasonably fit as well...

Yeah. I said that.

JJ said she was grumpy looking.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:48:23 »

That's kind of what I mean, I know from experience of Planning Inquiries often when a side know they have a very strong case and the other side have acted unreasonably they will fling cash at the case as they know the loser will foot the bill.

I remember once the Council turned down a planning application (against Officer recommendation) and the appellant used a top planning QC from that London (this was in West Cumbria we never normally saw things like that) and flew in a poultry expert from France as he knew they had a very strong case. Council ended up getting clobbered for £30k+ (a lot for a council).

There is some gloss to add. Multi track cases are subject to costs budgets (a costs budgeting order was made earlier this year I seem to recall).  Essentially, the loser will pay the other side's budgeted costs, unless there is a good reason to depart from the budget.

With the recent goings on, I suspect there have been applications to vary the budgets.  However, the variations will have to be agreed/approved.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:55:03 »

Does anyone actually know what it is about Axis that Power doesn’t trust? Seems a bit rich coming from a serial liar.
Flashheart

« Reply #668 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 09:56:11 »

Does anyone actually know what it is about Axis that Power doesn’t trust?

I think that's probably just BS - an excuse to sell to ABLE instead.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:02:08 »

If this goes to trial and Power loses
  - Does he have the right to appeal
  - who has control of the company in the mean time?

-----
The judge was unimpressed by Powers reason for refusing to sell to Axis. in fact in the summary he called them "less than convincing'"
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:06:03 »

Does anyone actually know what it is about Axis that Power doesn’t trust? Seems a bit rich coming from a serial liar.

Thing is the legal system and a judge deals in facts, they are going to place little (if any) weight upon an argument of subjective 'doesn't trust' especially as from recollection we have now had three different presiding Officers basically stating they feel LP is a bullshitter (in legalese).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:07:58 »

The other thing I’ve probably misconstrued. Was it correct that Clem/Standing offered £250,000 to Power for the club?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:08:06 »

If this goes to trial and Power loses
  - Does he have the right to appeal
  - who has control of the company in the mean time?

-----
The judge was unimpressed by Powers reason for refusing to sell to Axis. in fact in the summary he called them "less than convincing'"

A party could appeal.  You need permission from the trial judge.  If that is refused you can make a separate application for permission.   You won't get permission to appeal just because you are unhappy with the result. There's a bit more to it.

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:12:39 »

A party could appeal.  You need permission from the trial judge.  If that is refused you can make a separate application for permission.   You won't get permission to appeal just because you are unhappy with the result. There's a bit more to it.

As its beyond my area, is it like planning insofar as you can appeal if you think there has been an error in law, but not if you just don't like the conclusion?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #674 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 10:49:36 »

Yeah. I said that.

JJ said she was grumpy looking.
One did not suggest she wasn't attractive just that she looked a lot like grumpy cat during the case.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: