Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 527736 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #585 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 13:58:57 »

Any timescale set for the next and, hopefully, final hearing?

The next hearing - 14th/15th June.

Final hearing - September.

Although the judge did make it quite clear at the end that power could choose to sell to AXIS in the meantime if he doesn't want to keep on funding the club for another 3 months.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:01:06 »

The next hearing - 14th/15th June.

Final hearing - September.

Although the judge did make it quite clear at the end that power could choose to sell to AXIS in the meantime if he doesn't want to keep on funding the club for another 3 months.
And there was an off hand comment from the judge earlier in the morning that if Power felt confident of winning September's full trial, he could get Able to fund the club until the outcome of the trial allowed them to buy the club in full. Which makes me wonder if that's why Power is all of a sudden happy to keep funding the club till full trial completes...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:06:06 »

What a ginormous crock of shit. Maybe the FA conclusion will kick Power out so he has to sell.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:06:35 »

Hows he funding it? He literally said he couldnt afford to?

Just stop fucking around and sell the fucking club ffs

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:09:03 »

I thought the previous judge told Clem/Standing to fund the club. Has this one told Power to fund it?

What if no fucker wants to fund it? How can we stumble along until September with no manager, no recruitment, no owner?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:13:18 »

If my vague understanding is right...Power is allowed to sell between now and full trial under pre emption rights, but I'm not sure what sale possibilities that brings though other than a sale to Axis.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:14:19 »

I thought the previous judge told Clem/Standing to fund the club. Has this one told Power to fund it?

What if no fucker wants to fund it? How can we stumble along until September with no manager, no recruitment, no owner?

Power wanted them to stump up 600k a month now didnt he?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:14:55 »

So, what’s the June hearing going to solve that this one hasn’t - and the one previous to that.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:16:41 »

Ffs with this seemingly not looking like it’s going to be resolved anytime soon I really fear for next season now.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:17:15 »

Absolute disaster for next season (and beyond). We are absolutely fucked
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:21:09 »

What a ginormous crock of shit. Maybe the FA conclusion will kick Power out so he has to sell.

Even then he'd be allowed to appeal. Would probably make the current situation worse to be honest.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:22:51 »

I do understand that the courts have plenty on and that legal stuff takes time, but the timeline of the court and the timeline of operating a football club appear to be fundamentally incompatible here. Who funds the club is one thing, but who makes decisions that will affect the club in the medium to long term is surely an even larger one?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:25:07 »

I do understand that the courts have plenty on and that legal stuff takes time, but the timeline of the court and the timeline of operating a football club appear to be fundamentally incompatible here. Who funds the club is one thing, but who makes decisions that will affect the club in the medium to long term is surely an even larger one?

I didn't fully grasp who is actually funding the club. Until he sells though Power is still in charge so any management / player choices will be his I suppose.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:25:16 »

Being a football club is irrelevant to the courts though, this a bog standard business case to them.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Monday, May 17, 2021, 14:26:10 »

So, if Clem/Standing say bollocks to continue funding the club but don’t give up on the ownership wrangle, and Power says he can’t fund it, Admin seems the only answer - just what Power wants.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: