Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 528459 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 09:15:20 »

one would hope that if power did sell for £1 that Clem would get his rightful 15p.
Cheesy
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 11:12:46 »

Interesting comments about the rights of a minority shareholder........

In a previous life I was founding member and Director of a then small software IT company with a 49% shareholding. The company grew to having offices in Auckland Sydney and agencies in Asia and London. As with many fledging companies the fun started and trust honesty and initial ideals went out the window. After a melt down at Board room level legal representatives arrived and that was the beginning of the end for me.
As a then 20% shareholder of a multi Million dollar company I was advised the rights of a minority shareholder is basically f#ck all.
These comments were proven 100% correct.
Yes, you can fight and wriggle as much as you like however, experience has shown just recover as much as you can from a bad situation and move on.
Tricksters like our one will pull everything and everyone down to their level and they don't care who and what they destroy in the process.
 Bad Mood Bye   

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 12:20:37 »

Out of interest RNZ, how did you go from being a 49% Shareholder (I take it just two of you) to a 20% Shareholder? I am assuming you did cash in/sold 29% of your share at some point or am I looking at that with hopeful eyes?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 13:32:29 »

Probably the same way Black managed it here, by diluting the minority shareholding.  For the all the positive comments they get, they pretty much stitched up every fan of Swindon who had ever purchased shares in the club.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 13:36:08 »

Probably the same way Black managed it here, by diluting the minority shareholding.  For the all the positive comments they get, they pretty much stitched up every fan of Swindon who had ever purchased shares in the club.

Including me.
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 13:37:38 »

Considering Power has already told the court he wants to put the club into admin, or sell to able, I would not be surprised if that decision can be taken out of his hands.

Apologies if someone has linked this before, but this reads that it could be. God knows how long proceedings could drag on for though;

https://helix-law.co.uk/business-law/shareholder-and-partnership-disputes/?keyword=unfair%20prejudice%20minority%20shareholder&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsqmEBhDiARIsANV8H3aJuILgsicE9FGyXqcD1vp5sd9qS9fpsivokdjw5n70vhB2X27zclwaAgT5EALw_wcB
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 13:45:28 »

Out of interest RNZ, how did you go from being a 49% Shareholder (I take it just two of you) to a 20% Shareholder? I am assuming you did cash in/sold 29% of your share at some point or am I looking at that with hopeful eyes?

It sounds to me that as the company grew more capitol was required. Either you borrow it, finance it yourself (keeping the share cap the same) or you issue more shares for the Capitol invested thus diluting the original share cap.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, April 29, 2021, 23:57:19 »

Hopefully back on track here. I presume some knowledgable chap on here will know.

Does Clem as a minority shareholder have any say in Power selling to Able for £1? As it would, obviously, be hugely detrimental to him does he get any protection from Power’s antics.

And, are Able willing to buy the club other than for Power’s Pound and/or out of Admin? What’s happened to their offer of £7.5m which was in the Letter Power said didn’t exist.

In the UK, the companies act includes the concept of "Unfair prejudice" which protects the rights of the minority shareholder.   It stops them being screwed in this manner.

CM has offered to buy Power out and take on all creditors in full so the judge will find in favour of him if Power is only willing to offer him 15p!

This is not a concept in NZ or Oz so would not have saved Robinz
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, April 30, 2021, 07:15:44 »

So its d-day where LP has to give Morfuni documents.

Do we reckon he will or not?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, April 30, 2021, 07:22:47 »

Anyone know What are the likely consequences if he doesn't comply ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #310 on: Friday, April 30, 2021, 07:34:51 »

Anyone know What are the likely consequences if he doesn't comply ?.

At the very least, it would surely mean the judge refuses to lift the injunction?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Friday, April 30, 2021, 07:52:23 »

At the very least, it would surely mean the judge refuses to lift the injunction?

Contempt of court.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Friday, April 30, 2021, 07:56:16 »

Crackity Jones

« Reply #313 on: Friday, April 30, 2021, 08:47:50 »

I don't think it's in his interests not to comply.  I imagine he will leave it to 23:59:59 to press send.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, April 30, 2021, 09:07:18 »

Court orders typically refer to a deadline of 4 pm on a particular day

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: