Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526138 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 15:34:01 »

Or shout out the boardroom with a megaphone
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 16:07:10 »

It will not matter. Fans can't get anywhere close to the stadium with fencing and security down there. Will not bean exaggeration to say the closest will,be the CG garden
Indeed, the security today is very strong with nobody allowed anywhere near the stadium, they have been there since 1pm.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 16:13:50 »

Hence the ‘heavies’ already parading around the ground.

Have they been told they may have to wait for their financial dues?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:26:37 »

another banner outside the county ground
Panda Paws

« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 18:50:09 »

National coverage today.

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/swindon-town-fans-on-the-brink-271083?__twitter_impression=true

Please take a second to like, retweet, amplify in anyway possible.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 19:07:32 »

National coverage today.

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/swindon-town-fans-on-the-brink-271083?__twitter_impression=true

Please take a second to like, retweet, amplify in anyway possible.

based on the trust twitter post within the article it seems like the trust is asking the fans to speak up and show discontent for the owner. Why haven't they raised their voice and rallied the fans properly. Instead of asking for bedsheet photos they should be asking for numbers to show up for true coverage and effect.

a bed sheet in the tower centre or a rallying cry for a 3/4 figure protest. 
Panda Paws

« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 19:17:44 »

based on the trust twitter post within the article it seems like the trust is asking the fans to speak up and show discontent for the owner. Why haven't they raised their voice and rallied the fans properly. Instead of asking for bedsheet photos they should be asking for numbers to show up for true coverage and effect.

a bed sheet in the tower centre or a rallying cry for a 3/4 figure protest. 

All fair comments but right now, with covid restrictions still in place, and the fact that any direct action could lead to minor disturbances, the Trust aren't currently in position to formally organize protests this weekend.

That said, as individuals, if fans mobilize they're entitled to protest in which ever way they see fit.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 21:59:15 »

That said, as individuals, if fans mobilize they're entitled to protest in which ever way they see fit.

And then potentally getting arrested. Leaving the Trust free of culpability or responsibility...  Hmmm

It seems the fans really need an official voice, more than ever right now, not one that is going to hide behind them.

I understand the difficulties RE: covid but they have an opportunity to win a good bunch of fans backing here with a very good publicity stunt. The drone idea and/a tennis ball machine/launcher are both good ideas that the Trust could arrange with little organisation. Maybe all the tennis balls should just say "Power Out" on them. Or the drone, carrying 1879 Red & White balloons (admittedly I haven't tested this payload) with "Power Out" on them to then be dropped into the stadia on match day.

Or even hire the "Trump" blimp, and get a huge print out of Lausanne Lee's face tied to it, whilst wearing a huge "Power Out" Tee.

Come on, there's tons of stuff that could be done that don't need plaquards and pitchforks. Get creative. Make the cunt look stupid to some degree. Humiliation is better than tanked up/beered up rage/anger any day  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Panda Paws

« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 07:10:27 »

I'm really not sure how you can take umbrage at me saying people have the right to protest in any way they see fit. A grossly unfair accusation that we're in some way hiding behind fans rather than working endlessly as a group of volunteers to represent them.

If fans were at games this would be very different but the current climate and the sheer workload that the Trust is dealing with right now, added to the information we have, led us to a unanimous decision that trying to organize a Trust-backed protest this week wasn't the best option. 

Its fine to disagree with that, but please do so respectfully and don't use your weird issue with me to offend the others on the Trust board who are doing a phenomenal job in their spare time.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 07:25:56 by Panda Paws » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 07:13:03 »

I'm really not sure how you can take umbrage at me saying people have the right to protest in any way they see fit. A grossly unfair accusation that we're in some way hiding behind fans rather than working endlessly as a group of volunteers to represent them.

If fans were at games this would be very different but the current climate and the sheer workload that the Trust is dealing with right now, added to the information we have, led us to a unanimous decision that trying to organize a Trust-backed protest this week.

Its fine to disagree with that, but please do so with respect and don't use your weird issue with me to offend the others on the Trust board who are doing a phenomenal job in their spare time.
Spot on

Not shocked to see another late night weird post on here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 07:20:38 »

Its fine to disagree with that, but please do so with respect and don't use your weird issue with me to offend the others on the Trust board who are doing a phenomenal job in their spare time.

I don't think the weird issue is just with you.

Keep up the good work
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 07:31:45 »

And then potentally getting arrested. Leaving the Trust free of culpability or responsibility...  Hmmm

It seems the fans really need an official voice, more than ever right now, not one that is going to hide behind them.

I understand the difficulties RE: covid but they have an opportunity to win a good bunch of fans backing here with a very good publicity stunt. The drone idea and/a tennis ball machine/launcher are both good ideas that the Trust could arrange with little organisation. Maybe all the tennis balls should just say "Power Out" on them. Or the drone, carrying 1879 Red & White balloons (admittedly I haven't tested this payload) with "Power Out" on them to then be dropped into the stadia on match day.

Or even hire the "Trump" blimp, and get a huge print out of Lausanne Lee's face tied to it, whilst wearing a huge "Power Out" Tee.

Come on, there's tons of stuff that could be done that don't need plaquards and pitchforks. Get creative. Make the cunt look stupid to some degree. Humiliation is better than tanked up/beered up rage/anger any day  Pint

both the tennis balls and drone idea would be illegal and the individuals could face charges. As said I'm very much up for something if organised correctly but obviously the trust wouldn't be able to support illegal acts.

I would say that being a few days before the last game that nothing can be done anyway and power would have safely made it through the season.

I genuinely think that if this was a first time event at another club the rising would have been greater. the fact that this happens to us so often there's a more of an acceptance
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 08:42:33 »

both the tennis balls and drone idea would be illegal and the individuals could face charges.
Really? Under what law?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 08:58:52 »

Trust membership is up to 1,000. now. Hat's off to them for the movement. Starting to make Power's mocking of it previously look a little foolish.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 09:01:37 »

I tried to sign up but couldn't - because PayPal can be a bit of an idiot at times.

I know I've been critical of the trust in the past, but this lot seem capable and active.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: